What's new

Dutch Master Reverse-Does it work to prevent seeds?

paparock

Hi, I have hermies that I sprayed with DM reverse. I don't think it has stopped the male pollen sacs from developing but I hope that it will halt seed production. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Thanks!

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I used it once while in the parameters of application and once just barely outside of them (in regards to timeframe) and it completely fried my plants. absolutely worthless, not even for hash..

I highly advise against using DM reverse on flowering plants.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, I have hermies that I sprayed with DM reverse. I don't think it has stopped the male pollen sacs from developing but I hope that it will halt seed production. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Thanks!
hiya, genetics are the most important factor,but i have been using dm reverse for many years even back when it was called feminizer, i use it 7days into bloom and again 10days later, plants never affected and never experienced beans in my crop but i use mainly as back up always making sure genetics are right but i always grow from seed and i will always use reverse,some people swear by it others think its dog-piss, i speak as i find,never no seeds and never use reverse outside the recommended time-frame, good luck, peace and safe growing s2:tiphat:

homebrew420

if pollen has dropped and pollination occurred, you are going to have seeds. Should not affect seed production.

Good luck

madalasatori

Veteran
It completely fried my plants I thought I was gonna lose the whole crop will never go near it again worst grow product I've ever used

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tried it a few times with little success. Bitch of it was that the grow shop insisted I needed to buy the "Penetrator" to use with the Reverse. The Penetrator cost more than the Reverse!

S

SooperSmurph

BS product, anyone who wants extra in Denver can have whats leftover of ours for free, with penetrator.

The only way to prevent seeds: prevent bananas.

If you notice bananas and you want to be proactive about it, spraying your room with plain water will deactivate any pollen it catches, spray the room, then cut and remove the herming plants, and the damage they do will be minimized, rather than grabbing them and cutting them immediately upon spotting, resulting in pollen poofing everywhere.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Problem with the product is the shelf life , if its been stored warm it could be degraded before you buy it.

Worked well once for me but was used before any flowers opened , use once dropping pollen did not seem to help.

Any seeds already set mostly stall out and remain immature and hard to spot , but oily enougth to ruin a spliff.

With money at stake its certainly worth a shot if fresh , had some cosmetic stem twisting and reveg signs that soon faded with no lasting effect.

S

SooperSmurph

Final Verdict: It was removed from the market because it did not work.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Final Verdict: It was removed from the market because it did not work.

the product worked as advertised for myself as well as many of my customers one or two said that it did not work for them which is a far better ratio than most specialty additives
the results are very much like "seedless" watermelon or cucumbers some seeds do form but stay in a sort of embryonic state of soft tissue
its the kind of product that you need if you are downwind from a hemp farm or that sort of growing tragedy not something to use if you only see a couple of nanners

S

SooperSmurph

Correction, removed from retailers who care about carrying products that work.

It's expensive water that does not prevent the formation of male flowers or seeds.

Mighty Wash is expensive water too, but at least it kills Mites.

RM - aquagrower

Correction, removed from retailers who care about carrying products that work.

It's expensive water that does not prevent the formation of male flowers or seeds.

Mighty Wash is expensive water too, but at least it kills Mites.

Have you actually attempted to use it?

I have spent the last few hours reading every post I can find regarding this product. Most folks are reporting positive results.

I popped an old pack of beans a while ago (double strawberry diesel from about 2006-7) and one of the girls (big mean nasty stinky bitch) is dropping nanners from lower buds. Found several members with (what seems to be) the same pheno and they are swearing by the product.

My (cloned) girls are about 39 days in, and I have lots more in the production line, so I'm gonna give this stuff a shot. Folks are also claiming that this stuff halts seed production in already pollinated flowers, kinda like a 'morning after pill".

I will report my findings back here.

S

SooperSmurph

Used it initially at my new warehouse, the old grower swore up and down that it worked, yet I combed through his plants and found many that were simply rife with bananas, the room in which these bananas formed produced mature seeds, despite the continued use of reverse, so I experienced neither of the results you claim Reverse is capable of.

Admittedly, the examples producing Bananas were Blue Satellite, a cut that is notorious for hermaphroditic tendencies, but the seeds they produced remained and grew to maturity in all the other strains present, so the things you say Reverse does, it didn't do for me, or for anyone else locally according to retailers, I offered my last full bottle of reverse to anyone who wanted it, here, craigslist, and at Grow stores, I even included penetrator, no takers.

For $70 / gallon you figure people would be scrambling to get a hold of it?

growshopfrank

Veteran
I offered my last full bottle of reverse to anyone who wanted it, here, craigslist, and at Grow stores, I even included penetrator, no takers.

For $70 / gallon you figure people would be scrambling to get a hold of it?[/QUOTE]

in some strange alternate universe contacting random strangers off of craigs list for grow freebies is a good idea and safe LOL

S

SooperSmurph

Yeah because the word craigslist automatically discounts everything else in the sentence.

RM - aquagrower

Well, sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. There are some pretty ruputable, long time members here that claim success. After hours of combing threads here, seems about 67/33 in favor of the product.

Trust me, if every review of this stuff matched yours, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I have no intention of using this product "long term". If it works in my situation, I will use it as long as it takes to breed a (saved) male and (non-nanner trowing) female and go pheno hunting.

Under normal circumstances I would simply cull the bitch and all clones. But, she/it is on the special side and would like to keep running it. Has a smell unlike anything I've had before. Pollen has already droped in this room, so the damage is already done.

Maybe it does work if the nanners are caused by stress and maybe not so much if they are "full blown hermies"? That would at least explain why it workss for some and not others.

Like most other thinks, gotta try for myself. Then I'll know.

Thank you for posting your experience. K+

S

SooperSmurph

The fact that my problem plants were all one strain may support that idea, so perhaps I was using the product for something it could not actually do.

growshopfrank

Veteran
The fact that my problem plants were all one strain may support that idea, so perhaps I was using the product for something it could not actually do.

my guess is that the reverse that you had was past its shelf life and/or improperly stored
from your posts you said that you used a surfactant as DM recommends so that narrows it down to a bad bottle or batch
its very doubtful that strain makes any difference that would be like saying that because you are not caucasian these birth control pills wont work for you

FWIW DM saturator is a excellent surfactant for all of your non-ionic follar sprays

Latest posts

Latest posts