What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

Amsterdab16

Best shop imo is the Boerejongens chain (they have BJ centre, BJ west & Bij) they offer quality product at an even more quality low price.

I'll agree the stud keeps a similar honest pricing scheme in tact, haven't been out that way to "Oost" for quite sometime now so perhaps that's inspiration enough for a new visit!

Skunkfunk if you know how to network and meet the right people it could be possible, but that's with some serious luck on your side too...

@Mack 10: do you live in Dam? I ask because I only recently noticed that you're over on ACD too...

pengaleng

Veteran
The stud sell E10 bags of everything but some of them weigh 0.7g so its not that great.
I went to The Stud on my last trip at the end of 2015 to get some El Toro but it was terrible - no Shoreline or Kosher elements distinguishable. One of the guys I was traveling with, who know nothing about weed, got two E10 bags - WW & Lemon haze, both were full of seeds. I looked on google and the stud has the most and best reviews- 489 with 4.9/5 average - of any cofeeshop in Amsterdam! The second closest is Grey Area with 257/4.5/5. Seems strange to me.

cheesyman95

Yeah but thats 1 year ago now.
The quality of the Stud has improved and the prices are still great compared to the center of Amsterdam

NotYourSaviour

Yeah but thats 1 year ago now.
The quality of the Stud has improved and the prices are still great compared to the center of Amsterdam

I disagree with you, too. Never been myself there but know my way around and if that shop and offered wares would be exceptional I'd been there already at some point.
See Pengaleng's post also.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
like most places its who ya know in Amsterdam and not what you know,,,,,
we recently had hash and flowers that was as good as " back in the day" and i am 52yrs,,
of course no lambsbred sensi but i not seen that for sale since 1979,,
grey area,,voyagers had great flowers but it was the week a local cup had just finished,,,,,,,,s2

belgowiet

Just got back from the Dam , i thought lets share some info and photos .
didnt get photos of all the strains i bought... :biggrin::joint:

First of all i'm not a very big fan of dutch coffeeshop weed ,
almost all weed is grown in hydro setups thats why most buds suck in taste imo.
No proper flush (for me ) but just enough to pass toerist standards?!. :chin:
Coffeeshops buy there stash by how it looks , smells not by how it tastes - flush - cured
Prices ???!!! no strain in the world is worth 15-18€/gr imo especially not for an fake og kush or girl scout cookie with a flowering of 65 days lol ( you pay for the name )
if they sell i 100% sativa with a flowering of 20+ weeks ok i get that
ive been in the dam for the last 10 years (6-8w a year) prices keep going up .
i will try to give them an score but for me personally its hard to find an bud thats get + 8/10
now for the coffeeshop revieuw :

-1e hulp

-somari 13€/gr : smells like grapefruit/citrus taste, isnt so strong an mild citrus after taste
score 6.5/10
picture.php

-orange diesel v3 15€/gr : smell like diesel, taste like citrus/diesel/oranges
score 7/10 didnt see i hole bud they only had a few crumbs left - no photo

-headband og 14€/gr : smells like roses ( yes really roses ) taste like nothing ?! no taste no photo
score 3/10

-original g13 13€/gr : smells like ssh/amnesia , taste like ssh lol
7-10 years i go, i always bought some amnesia/g13 back then you still got that special g13 smell/taste wich is long gone i think by now
6.5/10

-lavender drysift 20€/gr: smell like coffee - flowery skunky hash taste
they say it whas done with icebags and not by drysifting
there is still alot of very little green plant material in it ... Farmers Grade
score 6/10
picture.php

-moonrocks 40€/gr : smells and taste like hash not bad but nothing special
first time i bought 0.8gr nug wich whas nicely infused with alot of oil and kief (drysift) this one whas i KILLER !!!
seconds time i got an 1.2 nug - i think it whas still from an old batch they had bud whas dried out not much oil an almost no kief WASTE of money avoid exept when you wanne smoke an joint of 20€ lol

Last edited:

belgowiet

-Boerejongens

- super silver haze 11€/gr : taste and smells like an classic ssh from the dam lol
budtender said it whas cured for 6 weeks now .looks really amazing but terrible flush
score 7/10
picture.php

- kosher tangie block 14€/gr : smells like fruity morocan hash taste fruity skunky .
looks very creamy but crumbles when you touch dont bubble heavy
score 7.5/10
picture.php

Last edited:

belgowiet

- mr k & co

- shoreline 15€/gr : worst pheno i came across of shoreline heavy hermi - bud still moist - still got that notable shoreline smell
score 2/10
picture.php

- laurier rosin 70€/gr : i think they over pressed it with to much heat an with a litlle burnt smell to it . dark color
weak high for me atleast
this one is done by @frosintech
score 6/10
picture.php

picture.php

if you wanna dab when your in amsterdam , just bring an hairstraighter and a 25mic bag with you from home or buy a cheap one when your there for less then 20€ go to i local coffeeshop get yourself an gram of ice o later and make that shit your self lol and pay only half the price

belgowiet

- Dampkring

-c5 pioneer 16€/gr : smells like very sweet amnesia (hypro) , insane looking buds .this c5 pheno reminds me of an amnesia i always got from roosendaal (north brabant) around 08-09 back then only for 6€ a gr and soil grown
score 7.6/10
picture.php

-c5 block 16€/gr : strong flowery smell litlle morocon hash tones
its so sticky thats almost impossible to roll a joint with it .
strange thing is when you hold your fire to it it dont bubble its instant oil .
if it really comes from moroco i think they mixed there first grade with oil made from there 3-4th? grade .
score 7.6/10
picture.php

Last edited:

belgowiet

- Amnesia

- old school haze 15€/gr : smells like OLD school haze lol very spicy reminds me of haze a5 , taste little bland actually after 1/2 of a joint its boring again its hydro grown. litlle dense nuggets
score 6/10
picture.php

picture.php

- real amnesia haze 14€/gr : smells and tast like an sweet amnesia
for me its just another hypro cutting .
i remember smoking amnesia haze (soma seeds ) around 03/04/05 back then from checkpoint (terneuzen)
it whas te same distinct smell/taste as now but very spicy no sweetness. last 6 years every amnesia i come across is from hypro very sweet fast flowering.
score 7/10
picture.php

belgowiet

- Voyagers

- gorilla gleu #4 15€/gr : best way to describe this is stinky baby poo - smack in your face lol something very special .
best thing so far i came across the Dam and whas lucky enough to get 2 full mature seeds out of my bud :dance013::woohoo:
score 8/10
picture.php

belgowiet

- Barneys

- bleu cheese 15€/gr : it has a musky bleuberry smell - taste likes fruity cheese .
you can both taste the parents in it - buds where still a little bit moist .
score 7.6/10
i personally like te Fromage Bleu from voyagers more
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

NotYourSaviour

Thanks for your reviews, Belgowiet! Go regulary myself and have been a month before. Sadly missed that Gorilla Glue but am suspicious like you when it comes to elite cuts at dutch coffeeshops, too; ).

First of all i'm not a very big fan of dutch coffeeshop weed ,
almost all weed is grown in hydro setups thats why most buds suck in taste imo.
No proper flush (for me ) but just enough to pass toerist standards?!. :chin:
Coffeeshops buy there stash by how it looks , smells not by how it tastes - flush - cured
Prices ???!!! no strain in the world is worth 15-18€/gr imo especially not for an fake og kush or girl scout cookie with a flowering of 65 days lol ( you pay for the name )
if they sell i 100% sativa with a flowering of 20+ weeks ok i get that
ive been in the dam for the last 10 years (6-8w a year) prices keep going up .
i will try to give them an score but for me personally its hard to find an bud thats get + 8/10

Pretty much agree with what is stated above. Thanks for your honesty. Nice to see someone with a similar background(also growing knowledge even though it's not that fair comparing that with coffeeshops and their semi-industrial approach of coffeeshop grass supplied from the black market). At one point I got involved in noncommercial homegrown operations supplying soil grown organic and cured grass when at the same point coffeeshop grass started to go downhill which was about ten years ago.
That changed everything and it's hard to go back especially with current quality.
Yes, mostly forget about taste with coffeeshop grass if you're used to real organic quality but the look isn't up to scratch very often either as long as you know what they sold before it went totally mainstream.
Their prices are a bad joke and especially ice-o-lators and bho are even more plain rip-offs
Also no sativa grass would justify prices like that if properly grown(also strength isn't mostly grown to potential with offered grass there in the last years). Especially a bad joke if you look at what happens in North America(never been myself).
Anyways, this was discussed in this very thread here already.
Visit them since a couple of decades and now only go for moroccan hashish.
Funny as you mentioned Roosendaal as even though know my way around not only Noord Brabant I haven't been there. Though remember some very reliable reports from coffeeshop Azul there for nice hash back then before they closed down all shops
in this city.
Know about those new moroccans available since a couple of years and agree too with your suspicions(lately to some degree discussed here).
Some of them are quite nice though:biggrin:! Just emptied my source yesterday by the way(only small amount sadly it's always not enough you know:laughing:) as I got some high grade pitch black moroccan I've never come across yet at coffeeshops but in Spain.
Not that oily type like that c5 block you posted about(tried it before as well)but still a sticky top grade fresh from someone's guts:woohoo:.
In Spain that one was sold under the name of 'Afghan' and even though I know those Paki/Afghan moroccans from the past this indeed looked like a proper grade from Afghanistan strangewise and is something else, even smelt like it.
Stuff I picked up is very similar but haven't touched as I'm on my yearly detox since New Year. Talking about temptations and all that but I do enjoy anticipation a lot:biggrin:!
Also unexpectedly picked up some lovely homegrown organic
classic Northern Lights, sadly not cured(which is somewhat of a must to me nowadays , forget about that with coffeeshop grass)but you can't have everything I guess and until a new source is set up. First grass picked up since ages(very picky).
In my humble opinion you can grow most strains to perfection doesn't matter if new ones or classics as long as you are dedicated!
By the way, 944s2, in my humble opinioin it's everywhere about who you know and even though Dam has a lot to offer for some reasons you can get high grade quality worldwide as long as you(most probably)not living in a rural area with not much of that 'special infrastructure.
Just my two cents.

belgowiet

at the same point coffeeshop grass started to go downhill which was about ten years ago.
That changed everything and it's hard to go back especially with current quality.
Treu i noticed (blackmarket) quality drop around the time most shops had to close around the border 08/09.
i never had across of bad quality before that
i remember back in 03/04 i had 2 moms from a local growshop in zeeland of - snow white thats looked insane dense light green - unknown cutting that smells and taste like sweaty feets (really) mixt with dutch cheese smell - they would beat any top strain in the Dam right now.
most old moms(genetics/pheno's) are long lost - mostly by dutch law starting a war on weed and by greedy commercial criminals who all wanted PP and would add sand and other chemical shit to add weight to the buds - never smoked it but seen it going on for years
after that a see some commercial growers use vape liquid infused with flavors to give there buds a heavy chemical strawberry smell and taste (FOR REAL THIS SHIT HAPPENS ON THE BLACKMARKET).now finally the quality is going up.
Again i never had any problems finding or having good quality like allot of people but i know what whas going on the market recent years and to be honest i rather quit than smoking that nasty shit

Their prices are a bad joke and especially ice-o-lators and bho are even more plain rip-offs
i smoked moonrocks,bho,wax,rosin,dutch/maroc ice in the Dam non of them is worth the money , just stick to the traditional cultivars they taste much better .
i really like the rifman hash dont know if you tried them already.
very clean nice typical moroccon bouquet .
recently i see some afghan cream/polm going around for 17.5€/gr

Funny as you mentioned Roosendaal as even though know my way around not only Noord Brabant I haven't been there. Though remember some very reliable reports from coffeeshop Azul there for nice hash back then before they closed down all shops
in this city.
yes i whas a regular there always got there shiva whas a very special tasting strain would do anything to get a cutting of it now

Last edited:

NotYourSaviour

Yes, know about the often nice rifmans, also about the similarily good Kosher Tangie Block stuff et cetera sold at Tweede Kamer and Boerejongens. Always at least worth a look and try.

By the way even though most probably not the real deal but fingers crossed those seeds you found('Gorilla Glue')turn to something good(that's indeed a shame as discussed you nowadays pay 15€/g for 'seeded' grass. So laughable. No sensi! Some even advertise this as 'free seeds' like at Voyagers if memory serves me right:laughing:) as we tried it with such most probably hermied seeds(stress/female seeds) before in the past which often was a waste of time but sometimes you can be lucky.

No offence intended but especially newbies when visiting coffeeshops rave about the quality there because they even get poorer stuff from their black markets at home and don't know about the past but the only way to get real good quality nowadays mostly is to go autonomous and grow your own:biggrin:!
At least here in europe.

Still remember the days in the '90 when nederwiet appeared on the market and even if someone only had a gram in his pocket it smelt to high heaven as you indeed noticed this when he entered the room(of course in retrospective you tend to exaggerate but it was a completely different ball game back then. You at least can say it stank to high heaven and taste was fine!).
Those were the days, nuff said!

belgowiet

Btw i'm smoking that kosher tangie block right know not really impressed by how it tastes (watered down taste because of ice extract?)

for all Toerist going to the Dam just enjoy the tradional hashish and make your other extracts at home .
they taste better are fun to make and will cost you almost nothing.:yay:

NotYourSaviour

Yes, true what you said.
Although it depends which batch as usual. New moroccan genetics or old is a topic on its own like discussed in the thread linked above, personally tend to like the traditional ones more but superior quality is again superior quality no matter which background roughly.

Still visit coffeeshops mostly for the vibe and general feel beside mentioned stuff. Just for a bit of freedom in public. That's worth it:)!

Amsterdab16

- laurier rosin 70€/gr : i think they over pressed it with to much heat an with a litlle burnt smell to it . dark color
weak high for me atleast
this one is done by @frosintech
score 6/10
View Image
View Image

if you wanna dab when your in amsterdam , just bring an hairstraighter and a 25mic bag with you from home or buy a cheap one when your there for less then 20€ go to i local coffeeshop get yourself an gram of ice o later and make that shit your self lol and pay only half the price

Mee eens!!!, geweldig reviews Belgowiet. The "frosin" they sell there is no longer "frosin" it's just plain old hash-rosin from some standard Moroccan, what a joke! Even paying the micron screen, hash and hair-straightener all yourself you could produce your own gram of better hash-rosin for substantially cheaper!
Hair-straightener from Blokker = 30 euro + 2g of block hash = 20 euros roughly + Micron Screen from pollinator = you can get a substantial sized strip for 10 euro, grand total 60 euros. Fuck you Mr. K and your ripoff "frosin"!

There is a few extractors around town, outside of the coffeeshop-circuit that offer a much better product (BHO/SHO) at a much more reasonable price. One in particular with the initials "AE" that offers good product, service and price that I'm willing to pay the extra buck for, especially since I went a little crazy when I first discovered hash-rosin (easy 50%+ yield, yes please!) and eventually I dabbed myself bored of the stuff, though I do enjoy pressing out flower rosin still.

But yeah coffeeshop scene is certainly on the down-and-down these days. Fortunately, I have contacts outside of that scene, so I can still get better-flushed, smaller-batch, way cheaper product of the same (or better quality). Though if I do go to any it's probably Boerejongens, or occasionally Voyagers.

Case in point: if you find the right contacts in town, then liberal approach and openness of cannabis-use here makes it still a stoner's-paradise :)

GoatCheese

Veteran
-

-c5 block 16€/gr : strong flowery smell litlle morocon hash tones
its so sticky thats almost impossible to roll a joint with it .
strange thing is when you hold your fire to it it dont bubble its instant oil .
if it really comes from moroco i think they mixed there first grade with oil made from there 3-4th? grade .
score 7.6/10
View Image

Yes, i also believe they mix hash oil with pollen to make this type of hashish. I had some few years ago from Tweede Kamer (i think). Over priced at 14-15 euros/g

Nice reporting, belgowiet!
:)

Latest posts

Latest posts