What's new

Durban Poison

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
from cannabiogen thread. durban at 29 days of flowering

durban-poison-2-jpg.18836403

true tropical cultivar, like thai or zamal, barely shows some pistils at 29 days of flowering...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Pure Kwazulu (pre pre Durban) goes to November, even later for some plants. Real NLD.
Even the Durban that Mexicancurado posted a page back has a lot of hashplant in there. Durban was polluted from the beginning in Holland, and only further polluted from then on.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hehehe @Thcvhunter that pic from him is not durban... and it is not hashplant either...

can you explain somehow that skunkman´s durban finishes earlier than skunk1, and that african seeds durban and cannabiogen durban, which are not dutch durbans, contain 10 weekers? it doesnt fit to your theory that durban was crossed with wld in Holland and that why it is not long flowering. it seems that they had short flowering durbans in SA, even at 70s...

Old Piney

This is my issue wIth the breeding frenzy from way back.
I don't believe it was only from way back ,look at World of seeds South African kawzulu pic in my post a few back. It's definitely not a pure sativa landrace. Not sure how old WS kawzulu is but it's not from way back seed bank , sssc time

Legalcdn

My durban are 4 weeks from seed soak. It gets thinner leaves as it progresses.
3 durban poison on left (Alaska Cannabis Cache) and 2 MAHA's Acid Beauty (both female).

The DP at back left is female with other 2 not showing preflower yet. I will post a diary soon.

Screenshot_20230925-072152_Gallery.jpg

TheDarkStorm

Some of these DP 34 plants were very early ripe second or third week in August. My bud back then as bud or the mouth in high times along with another photo from a different DP 34 plant View attachment 18893922
Mel and edd actually didnt get their durban from south Africa it came out of pencil sticks in Holland......read the above and you can see were edd admits it was from the dutch....No one knows what it is really....Pencil sticks were made with a few different sa strains....just find the durban you like and stick with it....it was never one strain in sa...just people trying to match to the more widely know version that actually came out of seed in Holland (exact strain unknown and may even be extinct now) and was taken to American by edd an mell and worked (who knows exactly how) and a version sents back to Holland via sam....the story about them collecting it in sa from plants themselves was made up.....those in the 70s who were getting pencil stick imports in different places at different times may have had different things.....good luck to all with the durban grows...hope you hit what you like.

Last edited:

goingrey

So this new ICMag advertiser has three different "Durbans"

@NorthCoastGenetics What's the difference between the three, and the background of them?

EnjoyingLife

My current Z.I. grow at 5 weeks...........

Pic won't download, file is too large. Lets try a link instead:

Have you grown his gg4?
If so, what were your thoughts?

Lugo

Veteran
If I my chime in, Durban Poison has not been "wiped out.

Now wether your thinking Dutch DP or a Native DP it is available if you know where to look or who to ask. Kwazulu landrace as well. Transkei too I believe.

Much luck on your search! May it find you!

✌️💀🌺

sshz

It’s widely reported that Tony’s Tortured Beans does the best job with GG4.......I’ve done a couple of his hybrids with it and they were excellent. On the whole, I’d stay away from Ethos unless you really do your homework researching the strain.......

EnjoyingLife

It’s widely reported that Tony’s Tortured Beans does the best job with GG4.......I’ve done a couple of his hybrids with it and they were excellent. On the whole, I’d stay away from Ethos unless you really do your homework researching the strain.......
That's good to know in case I decide to go that route. The ethos gg4 were given to me and idk when or if I'll pop them, lots of other projects/choices first.
I remember reading about it a bit and being uncertain. Idr if it was with the strain or his choices as a person though...

sshz

I did that years and years ago......don't remember too much other than it was good except for some hermie action on some plants. You can check out my grow of it, it's either at RIU or THCFarmer.