What's new

Durban Poison

I have people messaging me on Instagram or emailing me to ask about Durban Poison so thought I'd write a thread here.

You are probably better off buying Durban Poison from a seedbank or someone that did a preservation effort as opposed to coming to South Africa to look for it. It got completely wiped out here around the 80's maybe late 90's. I've only seen Durban Poison crosses but never a pure sativa that was Durban Poison.

I've been to Durban and I've tried finding it. Even with good contacts you won't find it. I know some people in the USA definately have seeds as part of some preservation efforts.

Also there is a pheno of Durban Poison that everyone is looking for that is supposed to have a Liqourice smell. Good luck finding that. I think the guy who runs potcast has a strain he made that fits that bill.

Anyways Swazi Gold and even Malawi Gold are also becoming super hard to find these days so if you have it in pure form(not crosses to something) then hold on to it tight.

El Timbo

I got 30 from cannabiogen running now, no clue what to expect from what I have read of it. Hope to find something similar to a cut I had in mendo about 8-10 years ago. We never know the gold we have when we have it.

How are they doing? Any pics?

Home-Grown

I have people messaging me on Instagram or emailing me to ask about Durban Poison so thought I'd write a thread here.

You are probably better off buying Durban Poison from a seedbank or someone that did a preservation effort as opposed to coming to South Africa to look for it. It got completely wiped out here around the 80's maybe late 90's. I've only seen Durban Poison crosses but never a pure sativa that was Durban Poison.

I've been to Durban and I've tried finding it. Even with good contacts you won't find it. I know some people in the USA definately have seeds as part of some preservation efforts.

Also there is a pheno of Durban Poison that everyone is looking for that is supposed to have a Liqourice smell. Good luck finding that. I think the guy who runs potcast has a strain he made that fits that bill.

Anyways Swazi Gold and even Malawi Gold are also becoming super hard to find these days so if you have it in pure form(not crosses to something) then hold on to it tight.

Can you tell me the closest landmark in africa, central to where Durban was Grown, away from the Port.

I was planning to research strain in more detail, as time allows.
Any info would be good

Sad that pure durban has been wiped , Mel frank said he had 2 lines durban a had liquorice but he lost it and durban b went to sam that ended up in holland but had hermi probs.

The liquorice durban is very sought after.

Can you tell me the closest landmark in africa, central to where Durban was Grown, away from the Port.

I was planning to research strain in more detail, as time allows.
Any info would be good

Hmmm that is a very good question, I'll try find out. I guess you can try find Ed Rosenthall's notes from his trip to Durban back in the day. The Apartheid government and the ANC government did a very good job to wipe out almost all traces of Durban Poison so the history will even be hard to track down in South Africa. Have a look at this comment in this thread, if you could message that guy on reddit he might have some more info seemed to know a bit about the topic: https://old.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/9xvtmm/durban_poison/e9za8cx/

I ran Durban and Transkei from SoA a while back, and the terps were indistinguishable from each other, IMO.

Can’t rule out a packaging error, but if there wasn’t any packaging error the Transkei landrace might be worth a try if you can’t find the Durban you’re looking for.

Good luck with your search!

Cvh

Supermod
I have a pack of Tropical Seeds Durban 70's.
Currently I'm growing the Dutch variety of Durban Poison.
I hope one of the upcoming grows to pop some Durban 70's.

Seed of Africa looks like they might have some interesting South Africans.

Jammal

Nothing wrong with the classic dutch ones been around awhile, the quality is there , people have some weird notions of nostalgia, pretty reasonable price on them, doing a search through a good bit if dutch Durban would yield great things I'm sure.

Bud Jones

I would look at AK Baked Beans .. His Durban looks official af .. Prof P from Dynasty genetics sourced his Durban there. We had some dialog on the topic recently and I’m convinced these are solid .

grayeyes

I traded for Durban Poison a year ago. Will grow them this year.

Oh, and I just ordered Malawi from Angus. Should be here is a while.

Home-Grown

I could source Durban Poison – Dutch (8-10 weeks flower),
Or Durban – CBG (10-14 weeks flower).
CBG looks to be the best option of the two.

Transkei comes from Eastern Cape , further South of Durban.
Very interesting, but not available through our Grow Shop.

W

Water-

Tropical Seeds has pure durban poison

and snowhigh has pure swazi and some durban crosses

Happy Times

I got a 0.5g cartridge of Durban from Highspot dispensary in LA, what I really like about it is that it has one of the most social highs I’ve ever experienced. This is the opposite of the “don’t want to go out in public” high, when I puff this stuff I really enjoy talking to people out in public! It’s a pretty awesome feeling

hellfire

Didn't someone on here do a repro of Afropips' DP/Durban? Thought that was pretty legit. I have Afropips' malawi mini and it is true in form. 14 to 16 weeeks, last 20% of leaves have no serrations.

Latest posts

Latest posts