What's new

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loose Cannon

Yup. People need to start calling them tomorrow. They are the experts.
Is anyone that has these using rockwool? There have been reports of bad rockwool. Just wondering if that could be spreading them, or if it's the other way around. Reports of small worms in rockwool. Anyone else hear this?
Anyone tried predatory nematodes? They sell them @ Home Depot. You mix them in a sprayer and do a foliar. No idea if this will work, but it's mentioned in the last link I posted.Anyone try Aquashield, which is composted chicken manure. It contains bacteria which supposedly attack nematodes. Just throwing that out there.

Do you have location to send?

I have these as well.
Scoping for days before I found photo of what I've been staring at.
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/Pests/psyllids.htm

RetroGrow

Veteran
http://www.allcropsolutions.com/

To submit samples for nematode diagnoses, or for questions, please contact: Nematology Laboratory, Plant Pest Diagnostics Branch, California Department of Food and Agriculture, 3294 Meadowview Road, Sacramento, CA 95832-1448, or call the Nematology Laboratory at 916-262-1100, fax number: 916-262-1190.

If you're sure that you have Psyllids, call Colorado State. These normally effect citrus trees.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBg-4KPemw[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.google.com/search?q=Psy...-A4udygTnz4K4CQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1551&bih=877

Botaniguard ES might be an option. It is a fungus that kills psyllids and other pests.
http://www.arbico-organics.com/prod...bassiana-mycoinsecticide/organic-insecticides.
This works best if pests are caught early, otherwise you have to combine with a contact killer, like insecticidal soap, although Sulfur products are probably more effective.

http://beyondthehumaneye.blogspot.com/2009/05/animated-cotton-wool.html

http://www.spectracide.com/Products...acide-Malathion-Insect-Spray-Concentrate.aspx

Loose Cannon

http://www.allcropsolutions.com/

To submit samples for nematode diagnoses, or for questions, please contact: Nematology Laboratory, Plant Pest Diagnostics Branch, California Department of Food and Agriculture, 3294 Meadowview Road, Sacramento, CA 95832-1448, or call the Nematology Laboratory at 916-262-1100, fax number: 916-262-1190.
Sorry. Remembered you made this available last night.
Not enough hours in the day.

Loose Cannon

i recently got a second test result back. it was an upper stem because at the time i received the sample it was just moments before the nematde news broke. i sent it in and of course they didnt find nematodes or tmv related viruses. interestingly though they just wrote me and said the forgot to incluse in the report the results for the roots which i packaged seperately. it also contained pythium like the last one. i dont know how signifigant that is but its info none the less. they are saying they think its a genetic aberration initiated by cloning.they also said they thought it was unlikely it was a nematode. to which i replied that i didnt understand why then it was a new problem that it spreads to other cuts once it enters a room in a lot of reports. if it was just a genetic glitch brought on by cloning we would have started seeing this in the 80s and it would accelerate once observed by individual growers. it would just remain a constant chance occurrence over time. i wrote them also and said that it was reported that ucdavis identified the tode also. they offered to run a test on a more likely stem for free.

How much is the test and did you use the lab on Meadowview? They were closed before I managed to call today.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
How much is the test and did you use the lab on Meadowview? They were closed before I managed to call today.

75 bucks per first pcr and i think and 20 bucks per additional on a given sample.

no, i dont know the meadowview lab.

the one i use unfortunately is not available to the general public or i would post it.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
So... I had an Animal Cookies clone that was about 5-6" tall when rooted... it was planted into a solo cup... it grew another few inches/nodes, I transplanted it into a one gallon pot, and then I noticed growth slow, started slowly wilting. Next thing I see, the growth tips are literally withering up and dying. I set it off to the side to observe, and after a few days, it was quite apparent that it wasn't going to come back from whatever had occurred.

With ease, I pulled the clone out of it's one gallon pot, noticed an extremely weak root system. Then, I notice that the base of the stem appears rotted, slimy and sort of brownish. Just for shits, I cracked the stem in half, looked very closely, and I literally could see a small wormlike 'worming' around.. probably a couple mm in length, quite small, but definitely visible if I looked carefully.

Now, I use a lot of EWC, and occasionally I will see what I believe are baby earthworms, varying in size, pure white. Is it possible that for some reason this clone decided to shit itself upon transplant, and a baby earthworm found it's way into the rotted stem? Strangely enough, I've NEVER had clones simply just die off after being rooted... I'm thinking it's likely just coincidence, and a baby earthworm... just so weird to see, and weird to have a clone just die off like that.

From what it appears, stem nematodes are VERY small, no? From what I've read, the adults are just over 1mm in length, in which I would assume not visible to the naked eye......

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
So... I had an Animal Cookies clone that was about 5-6" tall when rooted... it was planted into a solo cup... it grew another few inches/nodes, I transplanted it into a one gallon pot, and then I noticed growth slow, started slowly wilting. Next thing I see, the growth tips are literally withering up and dying. I set it off to the side to observe, and after a few days, it was quite apparent that it wasn't going to come back from whatever had occurred.

With ease, I pulled the clone out of it's one gallon pot, noticed an extremely weak root system. Then, I notice that the base of the stem appears rotted, slimy and sort of brownish. Just for shits, I cracked the stem in half, looked very closely, and I literally could see a small wormlike 'worming' around.. probably a couple mm in length, quite small, but definitely visible if I looked carefully.

Now, I use a lot of EWC, and occasionally I will see what I believe are baby earthworms, varying in size, pure white. Is it possible that for some reason this clone decided to shit itself upon transplant, and a baby earthworm found it's way into the rotted stem? Strangely enough, I've NEVER had clones simply just die off after being rooted... I'm thinking it's likely just coincidence, and a baby earthworm... just so weird to see, and weird to have a clone just die off like that.

From what it appears, stem nematodes are VERY small, no? From what I've read, the adults are just over 1mm in length, in which I would assume not visible to the naked eye......

Stem nematode adult are 1.5 mm and clear. Not sure what baby earth worms look like.

A cheap USB microscope should show them.

RetroGrow

Veteran

Stem nematodes are microscopic. However, what you may have seen was a predatory nematode feeding on the Ditylenchus dipsaci, which had already destroyed your plant,in which case they migrate back down the stem and into the soil, where they become targets of predatory nematodes, which I believe is what you thought were white baby earthworms. Just my guess without seeing any pictures, but it makes sense to me.

Guess I can throw in a contribution. Had to chop my last run at 5 wks flower. They were huge 5 ft tall plants in 2 gal of coco. Couldn't tell they had any bugs whatsoever until flowers started developing then it was obvious something was wrong. Strain was Kush Dream pretty sure it was broad mites.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140616_212137.jpg
    20140616_212137.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140616_211407.jpg
    20140616_211407.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8
  • 20140616_211223.jpg
    20140616_211223.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140616_211218.jpg
    20140616_211218.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Stem nematode adult are 1.5 mm and clear. Not sure what baby earth worms look like.

A cheap USB microscope should show them.
Baby earthworms are thin, white/translucent wormlike (captain obvious lol) creatures... somewhat resembling a nematode.

Yeah... I already have a USB scope but I couldn't find the damn thing at the time. I found it now though, so I'm going to sacrifice any other questionable plants and scope them if the opportunity arises.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Stem nematodes are microscopic. However, what you may have seen was a predatory nematode feeding on the Ditylenchus dipsaci, which had already destroyed your plant,in which case they migrate back down the stem and into the soil, where they become targets of predatory nematodes, which I believe is what you thought were white baby earthworms. Just my guess without seeing any pictures, but it makes sense to me.

Thanks for the input man, I figured the stem nematodes in question aren't visible to the naked eye, but the movement and specimen I saw was interesting to say the least. I have my USB scope on hand now, and will be carefully watching this garden. I'll post any pics I may capture of anything questionable...

Those are Russet mites bro ! Been there done that !I had a five hundred pound crop completely DESTROYED by them ! They eat the pistils and trichs . U have a real fight on your hands !!!good luck ,Oldschoolgrower

RetroGrow

Veteran
Those are Russet mites bro ! Been there done that !I had a five hundred pound crop completely DESTROYED by them ! They eat the pistils and trichs . U have a real fight on your hands !!!good luck ,Oldschoolgrower

Yup. Look like Russet mite damage for sure. They work fast so you must get on them immediately. See the Russet mite threads.

Those have been chopped. Lol. Fucking worthless "hay" bud Threw everything away bombed bleached scrubbed whole nine yards. Now I freak out and think they're everywhere I go. Don't think I'll ever get a clone from any dispensary and probably a very few friends

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sounds like pythium do the roots skin slip off off if held firmly and slide up and down? Stems also a bit. But the roots will be yellowed and really screwed up.
-SamS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts