What's new

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
just confirmed it was a sour dub, asked him if it was effecting any of his other strains and he doent think so but not sure, seems there is something about the sour dub and her crosses that attracts them.

Did he grow from cuts or seeds??

Storm Shadow

Veteran
6 different locations.... all the same strain Ive grown for 5+ years now... I notice anything good or bad about her ... Larry OG x ChemD

Im trying different methods at each spot...The Chitosan only spot is the best so far... Kitchen Sink approach is 2nd...

Im going to use Nortica from Bayer tomorrow..... Im all over this like flies on shit

Leaf Growth....and stem size.... These guys are also called Bloat nematodes... The plants that look healthy but have these bastards can have a stem that looks like a Bowling ball Pin ..

Root Growth... is another...more than anything is new leaf growth

Loc Dog

Veteran
6 different locations.... all the same strain Ive grown for 5+ years now... I notice anything good or bad about her ... Larry OG x ChemD

Im trying different methods at each spot...The Chitosan only spot is the best so far... Kitchen Sink approach is 2nd...

Im going to use Nortica from Bayer tomorrow..... Im all over this like flies on shit

Leaf Growth....and stem size.... These guys are also called Bloat nematodes... The plants that look healthy but have these bastards can have a stem that looks like a Bowling ball Pin ..

Root Growth... is another...more than anything is new leaf growth

Were these all cuts, or from seeds. I am still bothered by the ability for nematodes to be transmitted through seeds, and wonder if it has been seen, or is a rare condition.

RetroGrow

Veteran
just confirmed it was a sour dub, asked him if it was effecting any of his other strains and he doent think so but not sure, seems there is something about the sour dub and her crosses that attracts them.

So the Sour Dubb mystery is solved, it would seem. Thing about these things are: some strains are resistant. Sour Dubb obviously not one of them. I wonder if it's something in the terpene profile that attracts them? Or if they just got into the Sour Dubb line initially just by chance, and have been passed on. Has anyone tried spraying predatory nematodes on them to see if that might work?

Loc Dog

Veteran
So the Sour Dubb mystery is solved, it would seem. Thing about these things are: some strains are resistant. Sour Dubb obviously not one of them. I wonder if it's something in the terpene profile that attracts them? Or if they just got into the Sour Dubb line initially just by chance, and have been passed on.

I am leaning toward the VD effect. Seeds should give you safe sex result. One whore plant, could infect thousands.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I am leaning toward the VD effect. Seeds should give you safe sex result. One whore plant, could infect thousands.

Sour Dubb doesn't come from seeds.....it's cut only. But maybe something that went into Sour Dubb came from seed and spread that way.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Sour Dubb doesn't come from seeds.....it's cut only. But maybe something that went into Sour Dubb came from seed and spread that way.

Sorry, I was referring to Storm Shadow post, about OG crossed with something.

Although, would figure someone would reverse a cut to make S1's.

Had been doing AF's, so used to reversing plants, to avoid buying more seeds, since clones do not work with them.

Grizz

Veteran
So the Sour Dubb mystery is solved, it would seem. Thing about these things are: some strains are resistant. Sour Dubb obviously not one of them. I wonder if it's something in the terpene profile that attracts them? Or if they just got into the Sour Dubb line initially just by chance, and have been passed on. Has anyone tried spraying predatory nematodes on them to see if that might work?

yes it seems so, what has uc davis recommended for killing them ? seems they would know.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Stormie

You know Retro`s Aspirin in the rez remedy stimulates Jasmonic acid in the plant eh ?

Seems the Todes are able to circumvent the plants natural switches to predators ie the jasmonic acid system . They seem to be able to disrupt the hormone system as well .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

whatthe215

Veteran
so crazy...

JW, you mentioned onion eelworm or round worm... did he specify which race/species of D. dipsaci? Could you ask if there is any more specific info given to him by UC Davis?

whatthe215

Veteran
on a side note: has anyone looked at a control sample of a healthy plant to determine the presence or lack of nematodes?

I've scoped more healthy plants than duds and the healthy ones never have nematodes, or at least don't have enough to find them easily.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i recently got a second test result back. it was an upper stem because at the time i received the sample it was just moments before the nematde news broke. i sent it in and of course they didnt find nematodes or tmv related viruses. interestingly though they just wrote me and said the forgot to incluse in the report the results for the roots which i packaged seperately. it also contained pythium like the last one. i dont know how signifigant that is but its info none the less. they are saying they think its a genetic aberration initiated by cloning.they also said they thought it was unlikely it was a nematode. to which i replied that i didnt understand why then it was a new problem that it spreads to other cuts once it enters a room in a lot of reports. if it was just a genetic glitch brought on by cloning we would have started seeing this in the 80s and it would accelerate once observed by individual growers. it would just remain a constant chance occurrence over time. i wrote them also and said that it was reported that ucdavis identified the tode also. they offered to run a test on a more likely stem for free.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
edit****if it was just a genetic glitch brought on by cloning we would have started seeing this in the 80s and it ****WOULD"NT ****accelerate once observed by individual growers.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I've scoped more healthy plants than duds and the healthy ones never have nematodes, or at least don't have enough to find them easily.

Maybe the resistant ones can get a few but they do not reproduce as well or maybe they just do not get them? I do not know, except that alfalfa growers do use resistant varieties, not to 100% eliminate the problem but to reduce it's severity and still have a crop. Without resistant varieties they can have up to 100% loss of their crops in problem areas.
-SamS

RetroGrow

Veteran
yes it seems so, what has uc davis recommended for killing them ? seems they would know.

Yup. People need to start calling them tomorrow. They are the experts.
Is anyone that has these using rockwool? There have been reports of bad rockwool. Just wondering if that could be spreading them, or if it's the other way around. Reports of small worms in rockwool. Anyone else hear this?
Anyone tried predatory nematodes? They sell them @ Home Depot. You mix them in a sprayer and do a foliar. No idea if this will work, but it's mentioned in the last link I posted.Anyone try Aquashield, which is composted chicken manure. It contains bacteria which supposedly attack nematodes. Just throwing that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts