What's new

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dud symptoms anyone? It's a gg4 in veg that I have isolated outside until I figure it out. Notice the nodes close together and two tops growing out of the same node on a few branches. It does smell quite strong and was frosty before the reveg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13

RetroGrow

Veteran
Dud symptoms anyone? It's a gg4 in veg that I have isolated outside until I figure it out. Notice the nodes close together and two tops growing out of the same node on a few branches. It does smell quite strong and was frosty before the reveg.

Looks very much like a broad mite issue. Not saying that's it, but it sure looks similar. Presumably you have scoped for mites. Definitely some problem there.

I haven't checked lately. But it was pest free when I put it outside a couple weeks ago as well as my indoor plants. So these aren't the common dud traits?

Coconutz

Veteran
Taken from flower.
See the single blade leaves like yours, and the multiple tops from the same node...
They were buds that unraveled into branches.
Its kinda like "monstercropping"
picture.php

picture.php

Bonsai?

looks like a reveg to me

Yes, was in full bloom a few weeks ago, but it's clones didn't take...got about 50% rooting success with only one or two roots each so I revegged it. It just started shooting a bunch of new growth in the last week. The mother of this plant had been id'd as a dud on this board, on another members grow journal.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i only read first page forgive me if you already reached this conclusion, but seems like the "DUD" branches you show were attacked by mold/fungus. the new clones should be fine as long as you have the mold/fungus issue resolved.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
reveg plants do freaky shit. If those are from a reveg there might not be any issue..

I have taken cuts from flowering plants. i wait for them to grow out of the freaky stage then take cuts toss the reveg. The 2nd pic with 2 isn't abnormal for reveg take those and root them.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I don't where you live but here in the pnw if you put a clone outside in may it'll start initiating flower. Unlike a seed plant clones are sexually mature and will go into flower if put out too early without supplemental Light. After the beginning of June you're golden. If it's a seed cracked in March or later in a greenhouse you can veg trouble free until it slowly matures in May and by June its mature enough to flower but the nights are too short. It took me a long time to figure this out and saw a lot of clones reveg until I figured out the June first rule.

Coconutz

Veteran
In my experience you have to make sure the plants have completely grown out of the reveg stage before you take cuts or the clones will just reveg again...
Thats why I bonsai the hell out of them in cups before I transplant, then I bonsai them again without keeping any of those cuttings.
If you need to keep the strain I would let it veg for as long as possible before you clone it and then let those clones veg for a long time before flowering or cloning them

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't had any issues as long as the plant is not tossing single leaves,curled leaves or looks like a mutation like your 2nd pic above. I pick those curly leaves off. It's typically 2' tall when I take cuts.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I don't where you live but here in the pnw if you put a clone outside in may it'll start initiating flower. Unlike a seed plant clones are sexually mature and will go into flower if put out too early without supplemental Light. After the beginning of June you're golden. If it's a seed cracked in March or later in a greenhouse you can veg trouble free until it slowly matures in May and by June its mature enough to flower but the nights are too short. It took me a long time to figure this out and saw a lot of clones reveg until I figured out the June first rule.

There is no June first rule, every variety has it's own photoperiod requirements to induce flowering. Comparing an early WLD variety to a late maturing NLD variety is not correct at all.
Here in the Netherlands at 53 degrees latitude if I stick a clone of Skunk #1 a NLD/WLD hybrid, under natural sun light before May 1 it will begin to flower, but by May 15 it will sex but not flower if placed under natural light May 15 or soon after. Lumin levels seem to matter to some clones as well as the photoperiod the clones have been maintained at, some seem to have a more relative determination, more then absolute determination, meaning if kept under 24 hours and then moved to natural light that is 15 hrs 45 min like in Amsterdam on May 15. You just need to wait a week or two before you place them under natural light. If absolute photoperiod then just the hours matter. As noted seedlings do not respond the same, they are not yet adults like a clone is. Very small seedlings are much less sensitive to short hours, as they are less sensitive to cold then an adult veg plant or a flowering plant.
-SamS

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one sam, you'd be surprised how few people know that, or maybe not :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
In my experience you have to make sure the plants have completely grown out of the reveg stage before you take cuts or the clones will just reveg again...
Thats why I bonsai the hell out of them in cups before I transplant, then I bonsai them again without keeping any of those cuttings.
If you need to keep the strain I would let it veg for as long as possible before you clone it and then let those clones veg for a long time before flowering or cloning them

It is pretty easy to first veg and then clone your reveging from flowering plant problems, I do it under 24 hour lights, high light levels, to help the plants get out of the reveging cycle, it is no problem at all. The resulting clone plants can not be told from the same clones that were never reveged from flowering plants. I use sun light with suplementals to keep it at 24 hours.
-SamS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
fuck this, you guys are ruining this thread with the personal arguments about your clone trades gone bad! i'm moving all that stuff to your thread Sunset, you can debate it there till admin says otherwise, but lets keep this one on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.