What's new

Dual zone a/c's with humidifiers....

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
hey guys im running a flip flop and tryign to get something to kool and dehumidify my rooms.. are there any units like this that will be totally inside???

so i can run year round and not have to big ass air handlers for one house...?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
look at the Koldwave brand water cooled units.

It doesn't have dual zones like a mini-split would, its just a portable all in one unit. They are very expensive though.

The most reasonable water cooled units are marine a/c's for boats. You can get a 2 ton unit for around $1k, whereas a 2 ton koldwave is around $6k. You will have to improvise some things with the marine unit like condensate collection and an external water pump and wiring the controls up.

I would love to see a company make a water cooled mini split, that would be perfect. If you look at how those marine units are built you might could improvise similar modifications to a mini split to make it a water cooled unit. If I had one I would certainly be looking into doing this.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
i need something that will kool 6k and dehumidify as well. im thinking of maybe putting the outside unit inside the garage.... not sure i was just looking at sante fe's and they run 1500 so i though why not just get a a/c as well....

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
yea thats what im talking about a mini split with a dehumidifier... or they do both at once cause a/c takes in alot of humidity...

but mini splits usually have the compressor outside... i need to run it year around in winter and would avoid alot of problems if the compressor could sit inside... thinking about my garage....

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
tell more about the rooms,

are they in spare rooms in the house?
rooms in the basement?
are the rooms close to the garage?
what er you cooling them with now?

BigDawg

you're still going to need dehumidifiers in each room. The a/c will help dehumidify when the a/c is on in one room at a time but that's it. Once the a/c switches to next room during lights off, you need to dehumidfy it.

I think the multi-zone splits can cool/dehumidify the dark room while the other room with lights on is being cooled. I'm not sure if the multi-zone splits are very good though. You still need dehumidifers as a pre-caution if nothing else.

I believe certain splits can be used all year round outside. Not just any o'l mini-split though.

MIway

Veteran
u'v got to go with something like the kwikools... which are more along the lines of a commercial grade portable unit... nothing like they have in most of the hydro stores, though some can order these for you through r&m... but these bitches be pricey. but work better than window units.

http://www.kwikool.com/Aircooled.html

likely need something like the sac2411... the top vents are for the compressor (pretty big fan) & you can mount flange kits to vent to/fro wherever. the front vents are for the closed room. trick is to find an acceptable run for the compressor tubing.

they also make pretty cool mini-splits, but u'd likely need extra precharged line + have to house the compressor in the garage like you mentioned before. only ways i know of to do w/o the outside compressor running at times that no one else on the planet would be running the a/c.

cha-ching... these are the high dollar items... and i'd still snag a max dry from sante fe... hell ya! ;-)

BigDawg

ive been interested in the kwikools.. very pricey for only 1 year warranty. Wonder how hard they are to repair..

I agree on the sante fe max XT... pricey but very efficient.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
you're still going to need dehumidifiers in each room. The a/c will help dehumidify when the a/c is on in one room at a time but that's it. Once the a/c switches to next room during lights off, you need to dehumidfy it.

I think the multi-zone splits can cool/dehumidify the dark room while the other room with lights on is being cooled. I'm not sure if the multi-zone splits are very good though. You still need dehumidifers as a pre-caution if nothing else.

I believe certain splits can be used all year round outside. Not just any o'l mini-split though.

i think im going dual mini split so itll still dehumidify when it changes to other room.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
tell more about the rooms,

are they in spare rooms in the house?
rooms in the basement?
are the rooms close to the garage?
what er you cooling them with now?

basement, aircooled with fresh intake no a/c....

im only runnin a 4k flip atm but i want the a/c to handle a 6k flip...

rooms in basement nothing kooling them stay around 78-81 just humidity the little shit dehmidifiers can keep it under 60%... and im tired of playing with enviroment... just want to spend the money and get this shit done... so if you can help id appreciate it....

looking for a mini split dual ducting that can handle 6k barebulbed in each room if i wanted to.

i want to order tomorrow or next day so any help is greatly appreciated.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Here is how I'd build it

have two seperate sealed and insulated rooms with either a dual zone mini split or 2 separate mini splits or window units. Then have a huge fan on a thermostat that vents the heat out of the basement. The external parts of the window units/minisplit will be in the basement.

this will work great in the winter time when it gets too cold for the outside unit of your mini split, and when it warms up you'll probably need to move the mini split outside, because it will probably get too hot down there during the day.

slowride

^ har har

how to the fuck do you plan on moving a mini split once you connect it together?

you really are a caveman! crude and simple

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
wow....that's off the mark.
you could probably disassemble it and then......reconnnnneccct it.

I'd vent them through the floor into the void space between the walls with duct and up through the roof. Increase your intakes and run with it.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
Here is how I'd build it

have two seperate sealed and insulated rooms with either a dual zone mini split or 2 separate mini splits or window units. Then have a huge fan on a thermostat that vents the heat out of the basement. The external parts of the window units/minisplit will be in the basement.

this will work great in the winter time when it gets too cold for the outside unit of your mini split, and when it warms up you'll probably need to move the mini split outside, because it will probably get too hot down there during the day.

what i was thinking was a dual zone mr slim that could do both rooms at once... would 12k cool 6k watts or do i need way more?

Latest posts

Latest posts