What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTOG And MARS HYDRO LED (on a Blue Star S1 Grow Spree)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Blue Star S1 - Sativa RKS pheno

Attachments

• 20221004_040431.jpg
    20221004_040431.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 20221004_040422.jpg
    20221004_040422.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • 20221004_040412.jpg
    20221004_040412.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 20221004_040416.jpg
    20221004_040416.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 20221004_040437.jpg
    20221004_040437.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Blue Star S1 - RKS pheno

Attachments

• 20221004_040252.jpg
    20221004_040252.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20221004_040247.jpg
    20221004_040247.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20221004_040242.jpg
    20221004_040242.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 20221004_040239.jpg
    20221004_040239.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 20221004_040235.jpg
    20221004_040235.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • 20221004_040223.jpg
    20221004_040223.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Overall this has been a really decent run. First time using an LED of this type. To show what it would really be like for a beginner. I didn't do anything with the plants. Plucked some fan leaves and that's it. Put the plants in the tent and let them do their thing.

These have another week to go. Then I'll empty it and reload. Can't decide if I wanna make seeds next run, or flip some seed plants to hunt the keepers. I have enough time before spring to do both. Knowing the seedlines I have going(lordofthenugz710 and People Under the Stairs) more than likely all the plants could be keepers. Only one way to find out, lol.

BuckeyeGreen

DTOG what is your soil mix? I know you said it was recycled and depleted but I’d like to know what is your starting point. If I started with a plain pro mix would the 1/4 teaspoon Jack’s 10-20-30 work? Thanks for the helpful grow diary.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
DTOG what is your soil mix? I know you said it was recycled and depleted but I’d like to know what is your starting point. If I started with a plain pro mix would the 1/4 teaspoon Jack’s 10-20-30 work? Thanks for the helpful grow diary.
No. You'd have to bump it up to half teaspoon or higher. Depending on what the plants like. I grow in pure Happy Frog and I use the Happy Frog fruit and flower dry amendment , at 1/4 cup per gallon of soil.

BuckeyeGreen

No. You'd have to bump it up to half teaspoon or higher. Depending on what the plants like. I grow in pure Happy Frog and I use the Happy Frog fruit and flower dry amendment , at 1/4 cup per gallon of soil.
Thanks for the advice. When you make a fresh batch of soil for your plants do also use the Jack’s with that fresh batch of soil?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Here we are at 9.5 weeks into flower. The "Mayberry #1 and #2 gave me 28 and 21 grams. Not bad for not doing a single thing to them in flower. Harlem Diesel , Holy Communion and Blue Star S1 (RKS Pheno) all look to be 10 week plants. The "Sativa RKS" shows no end in sight, lol. All white pistils still. Prolly gonna bring that into my other flower room. So I can flip these Sour D x Sour D for a seed making run.

Here's the Harlem and Holy. Harlem is the big baseball bat cola.

Attachments

• Oct82022.jpg
    Oct82022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • Oct82022(1).jpg
    Oct82022(1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • Oct82022(2).jpg
    Oct82022(2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • Oct82022(3).jpg
    Oct82022(3).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • Oct82022(4).jpg
    Oct82022(4).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Oct82022(5).jpg
    Oct82022(5).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • Oct82022(9).jpg
    Oct82022(9).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45

BuckeyeGreen

I use the Jack's from about a week after seeds come up. Until flowering week 8-10 depending on what I have in flower.
Thanks. I was impressed with your results and I have a similar tent but I do need to upgrade my lights. I have older Mars lights that are probably now good for veg. I like a simple, easy to follow grow that gets nice results like yours. I think I’ll pick up some Happy Frog and some Jack’s flowering fertilizer and do a grow with that combo. I’m also an avid home gardener and I have used all purpose Jack’s in my garden for years and would never use any other fertilizer. I’ve always had great results.
Thanks again for your help and I’m happy for you that you found some really nice plants this grow.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Thanks. I was impressed with your results and I have a similar tent but I do need to upgrade my lights. I have older Mars lights that are probably now good for veg. I like a simple, easy to follow grow that gets nice results like yours. I think I’ll pick up some Happy Frog and some Jack’s flowering fertilizer and do a grow with that combo. I’m also an avid home gardener and I have used all purpose Jack’s in my garden for years and would never use any other fertilizer. I’ve always had great results.
Thanks again for your help and I’m happy for you that you found some really nice plants this grow.
I did a side-by-side a few years back. I think its in the Whorehouse thread(if not it's in the bunny ranch) . Used Advanced PH Perfect 2 part and Jacks. Same cut, same pot size. The Jacks plant was better in every category.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Wednesday is 10 weeks. Only snagged 2 pics this morning. Harlem Diesel and a group shot.

Oct102022.jpg
Oct102022(1).jpg

The Harlem Diesel, Holy Communion , and Blue Star S1 RKS all come down on Wednesday. The one on the far left(Blue Star S1 Sativa RKS), that's gonna go into the flower room I have. So I can load this tent up with Sour x Sour teens. Whole lotta seeds coming.

BuckeyeGreen

The Harem Diesel looks nice.
I went to the Fox Farm site to do a little research on their products. First I went to my local garden center and picked up a bag of the Happy Frog potting soil but they didn’t have the fruit and flower fertilizer. Then I went to the Fox Farm site. I was surprised at the amount of fruit and flower fertilizer it recommended. First a couple of tablespoons per gallon initially. Then after 3 to 4 weeks it recommended 1 cup for 1-2 foot tall plants per month, top feed and scratch in. Then 1.5 cups per month for 2-3 foot tall plants. 2 cups per month for 3-5 foot tall plants and then 3 cups per month for 5 foot tall pants.
I plan on growing 4 plants this grow and a 4 lbs. bag of the fruit and flower has 11 cups. I’d probably need at least 3, 4 lbs. bags to finish the grow if I use just the fruit and flower. I’d like to try an all Happy Frog type grow just to determine if that gives good results. I’d really like to yield at least 3 ozs. dry per plant.
Yield is important to me because I don’t want to grow year round. I plan on a final pot size of 3 gallons and if I need to use a bigger pot in order to obtain the yields I’d like then I will.
So many options and I’m still trying to decide which way to go but the Happy Frog all organic method is appealing. Like I said Jack’s has many great products and I know you weren’t growing for yield this grow but it is a priority for me. Any help to get the yields I hope to get would be appreciated. Thanks again for all of your help.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I don't follow the instructions, lol. I mix the 1/4 - 1/2 cup into the soil , making sure to distribute it as evenly as possible. If you're using fresh Happy Frog , you could prolly get away with water only. So adding the dry amendment is only gonna help that process along. Leaves start lightening up in color. You'll know you didn't use enough. I always err on the side of less is more. It's easy to add stuff to the soil or use a little bit of food. But if you go overboard. Plants might not recover. And it's a chore to flush the extra stuff out of the soil. In my experience anyways.

BuckeyeGreen

I’m more of rule follower in a case when I don’t know what the hell I’m doing when it comes to product I’ve never used. I figure they know a helluva lot more than I do. Yeah they maybe trying to get you to use more product than you need but that would be a pretty dumb long term sales strategy if the stuff produced really bad results. I definitely wouldn’t be buying any of their stuff in the future if that turned out to be the case.
I did want to ask you if you put your young veg. plants into the Happy Frog? In the past I read something about Fox Farm soils where people said certain soils were too hot for young plants but that was a long time ago and I don’t remember which soils they were talking about.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I’m more of rule follower in a case when I don’t know what the hell I’m doing when it comes to product I’ve never used. I figure they know a helluva lot more than I do. Yeah they maybe trying to get you to use more product than you need but that would be a pretty dumb long term sales strategy if the stuff produced really bad results. I definitely wouldn’t be buying any of their stuff in the future if that turned out to be the case.
I did want to ask you if you put your young veg. plants into the Happy Frog? In the past I read something about Fox Farm soils where people said certain soils were too hot for young plants but that was a long time ago and I don’t remember which soils they were talking about.
That'd be Ocean Forest you're thinking of. I drop fresh rooted cuts in Happy Frog. Usually seeds don't go in HF until they're at least 2 weeks old. But.....I have started seeds directly in Happy Frog with good results.

Latest posts

Latest posts