What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTOG And MARS HYDRO LED (on a Blue Star S1 Grow Spree)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Got a brand new MARS FC-E4800 LED and a tent made by them, that is 4'x4'x6.5' . Both the tent and the light were easy enough to set up by myself. The light is 6 bars with a total draw of +/-480watts . Easy to assemble and hang. I think it was a half hour total for the light assembly. I included pics of the instruction manual for both light and tent. Along with some pics of the initial set-up. Headed to the store in a bit here. To grab an 8' exhaust fan and some ductwork.

I'll be flipping some Blue Star s1 from @bluestarseedco . Deathstar x Blueberry. I'm also gonna throw a Harlem Diesel from @PiffCoastFarms in there. Harlem Dreams x Piff Coast Sour D . I've had them vegging outdoors in lightly amended recycled soil. I'll get some pics of them later on.

Attachments

• 20220802_040802.jpg
    20220802_040802.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220802_040837.jpg
    20220802_040837.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
  • 20220801_110745.jpg
    20220801_110745.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220802_044907.jpg
    20220802_044907.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
  • 20220802_060448.jpg
    20220802_060448.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
And here we go. 4 Blue Star S1 and a Harlem Diesel and a Holy Communion . Got them a little fan for air circulation. I hung that up in the corner. For now I only have one of those little 6" inline booster fans for the exhaust. I do already have a 6" high cfm fan and carbon scrubber. Just gotta get some ductwork to control where the exhaust dumps and to control where my intake air comes from. It does sit in a corner of a room with windows on 2 sides of the tent. Opposite sides of the house even. So I might be able to rig it up. With fresh outdoor air coming in and dump the hot air out of the back of the house.

20220803_054335.jpg
20220803_054327.jpg

Beaucephus

What’s up DTOG! Nice clean new set up u got there.
How’d the triple kush turn out? I may have been going by different name back then if your wondering wtf i am… lol..

Redrum92

How does the switch from outdoor to LED go for you? Do you get the classic LED "burn"/calcium issues?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
How does the switch from outdoor to LED go for you? Do you get the classic LED "burn"/calcium issues?

No problems yet. I may have to bump up the feed. They are in recycled soil that was for sure depleted. I was low on amendments and these originally were slated to stay outside. So we'll see how things go. I don't think they'd get light burn going from the sun the LED. I think it usually works the other way. Plants going from CFL/Flourescent to LED with the "burn" from the intensity change.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
What’s up DTOG! Nice clean new set up u got there.
How’d the triple kush turn out? I may have been going by different name back then if your wondering wtf i am… lol..
You're right, lol. I can't remember who you are. I don't think I've flowered a Triple Kush yet. Or if I did it was a one and done and I can't remember.

At any rate. I'll grab some pics later on when the lights come on.

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking good dtog. I find myself craving blueberry and haze as of late. I'm tuned in and look forward to seeing what you will find.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Looking good dtog. I find myself craving blueberry and haze as of late. I'm tuned in and look forward to seeing what you will find.
The Blue Star cut he used is fire. I had it for a bit. If you haven't run his gear. @bluestarseedco has the best Blueberry hybrids you'll find. I still have the Glazed Berries no.7 .(GMO x Blueberry F4) The best plant from a pack . Where all 7 females were of keeper quality.

You say Blueberry and Haze. Wait till next post. Imma go out and grab pics of the Blue Star S1 vegging outdoors. Has that old school blueberry mutant look. But at the same time I can see the SSH in fluence.

So far I'm loving the MARS set-up. The tent is super high quality. Thick material. More importantly the zippers for the door work great and there are zero light leaks. The LED fixture is kicking ass as well. So bright. No Hot spots, like under and HID. It does put off a little more heat than I expected. But We're right at the right time of year. Where it gets cool at night. So yesterday I flipped my window fan around. And started pulling cool air in from outdoors. Made for a perfect environment for the plants.

One thing I have noticed is how much they are drinking. They're going thru as much or more as when I had them outside. Growing so fast the new growth up top is light green. A sure sign they are loving life. Here's what they look like this morning. The single plant shot , that plant has my favorite looking leaves. I like the serrations.

Aug82022(1).jpg
Aug82022(2).jpg

Redrum92

No problems yet. I may have to bump up the feed. They are in recycled soil that was for sure depleted. I was low on amendments and these originally were slated to stay outside. So we'll see how things go. I don't think they'd get light burn going from the sun the LED. I think it usually works the other way. Plants going from CFL/Flourescent to LED with the "burn" from the intensity change.
Interesting. In terms of experience, I probably have finished 1/50 as many plants as you, so I'll take your word on that. For some reason, when I put plants under LED (from anything- sun, CFL) they start to get what looks like cal/mag style deficiencies, every time. It doesn't look like actual light burn, more like nute/PH burn.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Are you timing the light with a controller?
Timer. One of the cheap ones that usually come with 1000w HPS set-up. The light fixture itself does have a knob on the for what I think is intensity. Also a jack for landline phone type cord. To daisy chain multiple fixtures together. Which in the future I will be using.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The new FCE lights can be run off a controller via the phone plug. I have one going in my #6 grow diary.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Pics are from day before yesterday. They are taking off some now. I was gonna LST a couple of the Blue Star S1. But have since decided that this tent is gonna be two flowering batches. At 5 weeks I'm gonna out some more 10 week plants in to flower. And then at 6 weeks, I'm gonna add another Haze plant or 2.

And so far I am loving this light. For the energy it uses. A 600w HPS/MH would have the bedroom as hot as an oven. But with this LED fixture, the room stays decent. Never above 80f , and that even with the other half of the room being used for my veg area.

Aug82022(1).jpg
Aug82022(2).jpg

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
These pics I just took 10 mins ago. Hard to see. But the Harlem Diesel is already stacking nodes. That's unusual for a Haze in my experience. Usually the hazes don't really start till when 'regular" plants are about 3 weeks in. So I'm excited about that. Oh and another thing...you can see the 2 haze in the foreground , light in color. Yeah that's my bad. These things can eat. I may not have to adjust my 1/4 teaspoon Jack's 10-30-20 I use for everything . Seems like they can handle it.

20220816_042646.jpg
20220816_042650.jpg
20220816_042653.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Here we are , 15 days into flower. The two biggest Blue Star s1in the corners are showing some true potential. Gonna have to clone them and see what's up. The very center plant(BS S1) seems to be the runt, and a pheno that would be great for low head room/balconies/gorilla grows.

But it's the 2 Haze in there that are the biggest surprise so far. 15 days in and they already have flower set. Which I'm sure them being outside until Aug. They had started to trigger flower outside. And man can they eat. I didn't hardly give them any amemedment. Being Haze dom hybrids. I figured the soil and shots of jack's water every so often would suffice. I was wrong. I have greened up the Harlem Dreams some, but her lower leaves are telling me she can still eat more.

**side note** check out the leaves on the Blue Star in the back left corner. Those are especially "Dinosaur Fans" and the serrations really make that plant stand out.

20220819_044222.jpg
20220819_044226.jpg
20220819_044229.jpg
20220819_044238.jpg
20220819_044240.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Here we are at the 3 week mark. The Blue Star S1, by the looks I have 2 pheno's. Tall with skinny super "hairy" flowers. Then a short pheno with less "hairs" and more rounded in appearance flowers. The Hazes are not liking me, lol. The Harlem Diesel is water sensitive, I can tell she likes it on the drier side. They almost look like they need some nitrogen. But at the same time they have a little tip burn. So little help from the crowd please ?

The Blue Star S1's are jamming. Great structure on all of them. The one short runt I don't care for much. But would be great for a grow with low headspace or outdoors where stealth is needed. On average I think there was about 50% increase in height gain across the Blue Star S1's. The fan leaves are huge, one of the reasons I love growing from seed.

Attachments

• aug232022.jpg
    aug232022.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 55
  • aug232022(1).jpg
    aug232022(1).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • aug232022(3).jpg
    aug232022(3).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • aug232022(4).jpg
    aug232022(4).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • aug232022(2).jpg
    aug232022(2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Here's a fan of my fav of the Blue Star S1's. Back right hand corner plant.

Attachments

• aug232022(7).jpg
    aug232022(7).jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 66
  • aug232022(5).jpg
    aug232022(5).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • aug232022(6).jpg
    aug232022(6).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
24 days into flower. So far I love the light. Cruise control, lol. Don't even have to worry about the heat. If I had a 600w HPS, it'd be 90 in there all the time. The batteries in my thermometer died. Today I'm changing them. Then we'll get some lights off/lights on temps. By the looks of it. This first crop will have the potential to pay for the tent and light.

Attachments

• Aug272022.jpg
    Aug272022.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 55
  • Aug272022(1).jpg
    Aug272022(1).jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 51
  • Aug272022(2).jpg
    Aug272022(2).jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 49
  • Aug272022(3).jpg
    Aug272022(3).jpg