What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drug Couseling

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskind

...man, Im glad I went to the a.a. meetings when I was inside...when I got out I was ordered to a drug evaluation, and I was able to feed the "counselor " enough of their accepted dogma that they said I was in recovery and didn't need further "treatment"

designer

I have a girl friend that has been through 18 months of counseling. Probably because of failure or relapse, I never asked her why. She was in trouble because she somehow interfered with a bust and caught a felony conviction out of it, and that is why she had to go. She has been coaching me and making fun of me for having to go through this. Her stories are wild. She is from a small hick down and her counselor was someone that was sucking dicks for crack. Now she is a counselor. My girl friend was on the run, she ran away from treatment for years. We were in Walmart customer service in a nearby town and seen her counselor. My girl friend was still on the run and the two women seen each other. It was all I could do to keep my girl from grabbing something and clobbering the woman. I just gave her my keys and told her to get out of the store. When I got back to the car she was hyperventilating. Hell that was last summer.

B

BrnCow

Just part of the deal $$$$$$ the reason I don't talk to cops at any time if I can help it is because it could end up costing me big geetus ($$$). If you screw with them, they will come...

Last edited:

Midnight

Veteran
Dude, you are, like you said, "in the system" now. Suck it up and do the program or get royally fucked and spend a whole lot of time "in the system". It is your only option.

U4ic

I had to go through all of that crap for a DUI.. It was the biggest crock of shit i've have to deal with... The fees where on a sliding scale of how much you made.. I had a damn good job and i was paying out the ass for it. The crackheads with no jobs it was free... Still remember the counselors name... Mr. Costanza, I called him Cantstandya.. He said he used to shoot H but never had a problem... I stopped going, then I had to go to a Show cause hearing. He showed up saying how I had problems with drugs and such and I told the judge about how much crap he spewed and how he used to shoot H and never had a problem and the judge let me go free and I never had to go back...

Bebopp

I have known three people who drove drunk... One didn't feel bad about doing it even though he killed an acquaintance, one knew he should have but I could tell did not, and one I am sure will never drink let alone drive fucked up again.

designer

Well in the state of Washington they lowered the blood alcohol level to .08 which is about two drinks. If a person can't drive after two drinks they shouldn't drive at all. I was busted for .13 or about 4 drinks. Many folks do that every day. Many more are driving on methadone, xanax or vicadin. If you get pulled over around the holidays for a routine check and they smell beer you are probably getting a DUI. And for me, I have never caused a car wreck in my life. Never. No speeding tickets for many years, no criminal record.

Do I think I did the right thing? Fuck no. But the punishment is pretty high. I seen folks with heroin get less punishment than me. That is a fact.

WelderDan

Veteran
I worked a weird 6 pm to 2 am shift for a while. On my way home I got pulled over for an illegal lane change. Rolled down my tinted window to find myself staring at a 9 mm pistol held by a very keyed up female cop (I was cutting through an industrial area to get to the toll way). Next thing I know, I got 6 cop cars around me and a dope dog running through my car. They found a film cannister I forgot I even had with one lonely seed and a piece of stem rolling around. Got handed a ticket and a notice to appear in court and sent on my way.

When I got to court, the judge read the charge. "Possible marijuana". I plead no contest, judge says "you're on probation until you take a drug screen. If you pass, I'll with hold adjudication and your record will be expunged".

I passed the piss test. Still had to see a drug counselor, who asked questions about my sex life, alcohol use and a bunch of other shit. And I had to take a mandatory drug class only held in bumfuck nowhere with a bunch of crack heads and junkies on methadone treatment.

It's a business. Pay the PO $50. Pay for the drug test. Pay for the stupid counselor. Pay for the joy of sitting with people puking in the trash can because they haven't got their methadone fix yet. Over a seed and a stem.

And in the middle of all this I scored a new job that required a Federal background check. And I had to make excuses to my new employer to go to counseling because they don't offer that shit on the weekend.

I got through it, but it cost me an ass load of money, time and lost wages.

The moral is that they make it tough on you and make you jump through hoops while sucking you dry financially. It's meant to be a deterrent to discourage you from doing it again.

I had it easy compared to you, but you get my meaning.

designer

WelderDan, there are a lot of do-gooders on this pot site. You have to walk a pretty straight line to get on well here. I get into a deep hole and feel my brothers and sister smokers like to throw dirt on me.

designer

nope sure dont...
i only medicate in the evenings for the most part.
to drive impaired in any manner shows a lack of respect for human life.
i judge your actions not your person.
regardless of what i think of your actions,now you ARE in outpatient treatment and will have to attend.
you could continue to bitch about it or:
try to learn something..
anything!!!
if you have to be there make your time productive.

Well the answer to the question is you never in your life drove stoned? I mean if you come back with you have but usually don't or something like that I have to say that I didn't spend my life driving drunk myself. In fact I was stopped in the holidays in a general highway check (not for cause) and busted for drinking and driving.

designer

hey randude how come you didn't keep your other username ?

So you give me bad rep and follow me around, but don't like what I have to say? You just like making trouble when you have nothing really worthwhile to say about a thread. You know they have a name for that. I am not randude and I am not yummy or anyone else you know or think you know. If you have something to say about counseling or the reason people have to have it, speak up. Otherwise you are just a troll by all definitions of the term.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Jump through the hoops and you won't have any issues.

Learning their lingo will go a long way to dupe dupers.

I didn't learn shit. Told the counselor I go as long 4 mo w/o a drop (no shit) and drink as much as a six pack one or twice a year. The fucker told me I was cool in the face-to-face session.

I grabbed the signed statement and told the judge I wanted driving privileges. I explained the counselor rescinded classes. The judge showed me the counselor had written the opposite, citing my wagon episodes interrupted by binge (six pack, lol) drinking.

This is one place the 5th screws you as much as the words you speak. IMO, had I admitted to no more than a beer every six months I would have been cited for classes just the same.

I liked the post reflecting pain for going to the bad place. But IMO, MADD, DARE and social workers team with law enforcement's nature to reap cash proceeds, feeding the monster.

It's not unlike the fact they can't legalize marijuana. The need for half of law enforcement would evaporate and key players wouldn't be able to stay rich and wasted at the same time. :D

designer

My point should ring true with anyone that has ever had to go to counseling... Only those that want to quit will. You can force people to take piss test or write things down that are wrong with (beer, pot, coke meth whatever). They are going to find a way to get around the sanctions and do what they want. Counseling is something the Government bodies do to people to make it look to the public that they are doing something about the problem. We all know how to get around a witnessed piss test and we all know how to fake our way thru counseling. It takes one off the streets for that given amount of time, much like part time jail, but that is all. Most leave there feeling pissed off at waste of time and money.

B

BOSCO

Please stop whining about having to go to some ridiculous counseling.

You were DUI, you got caught and this is the end result....it could have been worse, your getting off lightly and you should be thankful.

If I were the judge you'd lose your licence for min 5 years and your vehicle would be sold to help compensate the victims of drunk drivers.

Court adjourned....:scripture:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope you don't say this to the counselors there. They'll see right through it.

Each drink adds .02 to the blood of an average sized individual. This would mean, in your case that it would take seven drinks to reach that level. Now you have to figure that the liver metabolizes .02 per hour. So if you consumed those seven drinks in one hour, you would have had to have consumed eight drinks. And as it probably took an hour from the time you were stopped until the test was given, let's add another drink.....

Your conselors are going to know that you lied to them regarding this. It will do nothing but keep you there forever. The more you try to snow them the more they will feel you need their help. And you'll never get off the counseling. It may be a three month program but if they feel you haven't "passed", so to speak, you can do it again......

Do you get what I'm saying?

Well in the state of Washington they lowered the blood alcohol level to .08 which is about two drinks. If a person can't drive after two drinks they shouldn't drive at all. I was busted for .13 or about 4 drinks. Many folks do that every day. Many more are driving on methadone, xanax or vicadin. If you get pulled over around the holidays for a routine check and they smell beer you are probably getting a DUI. And for me, I have never caused a car wreck in my life. Never. No speeding tickets for many years, no criminal record.

Do I think I did the right thing? Fuck no. But the punishment is pretty high. I seen folks with heroin get less punishment than me. That is a fact.

Tronic

I hope you don't say this to the counselors there. They'll see right through it.

Each drink adds .02 to the blood of an average sized individual. This would mean, in your case that it would take seven drinks to reach that level. Now you have to figure that the liver metabolizes .02 per hour. So if you consumed those seven drinks in one hour, you would have had to have consumed eight drinks. And as it probably took an hour from the time you were stopped until the test was given, let's add another drink.....

Your conselors are going to know that you lied to them regarding this. It will do nothing but keep you there forever. The more you try to snow them the more they will feel you need their help. And you'll never get off the counseling. It may be a three month program but if they feel you haven't "passed", so to speak, you can do it again......

Do you get what I'm saying?

Exactly. If you had said "I'm not quite sure - I was at a family BBQ / gathering all day and was drinking pretty consistantly throughout. I know what I did was stupid, and I shouldnt have been driving" you would get minimum treatment and counseling, and they would have pretty much left you alone.

Your attitude is 100% responsible for whatever 'punishment/recommendation' that drug and alcohol counselor's hand out. Keep it straight, you'll be fine. Bullshit them, they'll just fuck with you. These aren't stupid cops, they are trained to try and help/deal with alcohol/drug use/abuse.

Didn't you also mention / warn against having some issues mixing pills/few brews and getting behind the wheel / blacking out? Seems to me you need an attitude adjustment Dude.
:tiphat:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Exactly. If you had said "I'm not quite sure - I was at a family BBQ / gathering all day and was drinking pretty consistantly throughout. I know what I did was stupid, and I shouldnt have been driving" you would get minimum treatment and counseling, and they would have pretty much left you alone.

Nah, they'd say you exercised bad judgement due to blah blah and yakity schmakity. The stupid part would get you pre-counseling counseling.:)

Your attitude is 100% responsible for whatever 'punishment/recommendation' that drug and alcohol counselor's hand out. Keep it straight, you'll be fine. Bullshit them, they'll just fuck with you. These aren't stupid cops, they are trained to try and help/deal with alcohol/drug use/abuse.
And they don't get paid for the counseling they don't dispense.

If I dont recall weren't you also having some issues regarding klonopin and having a few brews and getting behind the wheel / blacking out? Seems to me you need an attitude adjustment Dude.
:tiphat:
My counselor tried to interject impertinent details as well. I even asked the guy to reference my file directly regarding his subsequent comments. He told me his "memory is just fine, thank you."

I've got nothing against substance abuse counselors counseling substance abusers. Not so much when it doesn't apply. Just give me my sentence and fine please. Oh, you don't have any evidence of intoxication and you're throwing the case out? Ok, may I sue the counselor that yanked my driving privileges and slandered so-called substance abuse?

Tronic

^^^^ Disco, agreed as well. :)

My comments were towards 'designer' and JJ's response to his comments - you clearly got screwed by a shitty individual (not to say that your situation is uncommon).

when you straight up lie (referring to the OP, his BAC, and # of drinks) the counselors will CLEARLY go more harder on you more often than not. That's all.

If you're already in that seat in the first place, you're at least getting the minimum program, so they're still getting their ching.

Status
Not open for further replies.