What's new

Dream Berry BRIX/ROLS Newb Contest Entry

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

picture.php

I took a pic of the blue magoo to put in the album for it.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

So I plan on going back to see if I can talk him out of a cut. he's pretty cute too so it won't be to crappy of a chore. HAHA The purple snow was being talked about by everyone who went outside to sneak a toke. I've never seen so much fuss over something besides GSC.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

The heat the past few days has made the clones a little limpy and quite a few have taken a hit. I don't have any worm castings and really wanted to water them with something, so I brewed up some dry powdered inoculant with some fungus gnat bits, molasses, calcium, and kelp meal to water them after I potted them up. I have some Pineapple Chunk seedlings or rather, I DID have some but during the fungus gnat plague, I think they damaged the plants. One might spring back but really, I'm just leaving it in the hands of fate and going to go do something to distract myself and try to put a positive spin on this.

I don't even go out there much anymore as my spirits are quite low. I thought I would take a road trip to a nearby worm farm and talk to them because frankly, I think I come off better and make a better impression in person. i'll take some pics and if anyone is interested, I'll share what happened.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

tried to go to the worm farm I wanted but it was closed so I went to another one but it was at a farmers market so I couldn't explore around and ask questions much. I did get 2 cuft of fresh EWC and a free bottle of Worm Tea to try out but it's just the water that's ran through the bins so I'm not planning on purchasing that. I also bought some comfrey plants from another farmer who gave me some advice about planting them since it is invasive and you won't be able to get rid of them wherever you plant them. I found a 25 gallon container I can use and I have a little bit of leftover soil that is okay to use.

I then went to the Farmers Market to get some more of the Purple Snow and try to get a cut but the guy said he only has cuts available in spring. He did however mention that he's noticed me around before at the hydro store and slipped me an extra fat sack. I thought this might be a good time to slip him my number. I'm a sucker for a hippie beard and kind eyes. maybe he'll call :D I smoked some bowls out back with some growers who were there selling their buds that I was introduced to by a vendor I know, and they told me some stories that made me feel better and basically said to stick with it and years down the road, I will look back and laugh at myself. that made me feel a little better knowing everyone has a set back.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

we're planting it in a tree line on our property. I would of preferred to just harvest it but now I've got four plants. The tree line goes out to a field where they're putting in a new housing development. in the next few years the houses will start to expand out towards the tree line where the developers will bulldoze down the mounds in the field to level it. she said to expect it to double every year.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I plan on going out to the worm farm tomorrow (or today whichever you prefer) and I was told by some growers that is the place to get your EWC if you don't have a bin going or run out. the place I got my EWC at was another local farmer but I guess his worm poop is less desirable because he feeds them wood shavings I think? couldn't exactly remember but it looks better than what I see in the other people bags. I'm not going to worry about it. I will take pics when I get to the worm farm. I probably won't buy anything unless their worms are cheaper than around here ($10 per half gallon). They do sell it by the yard I believe so I might price that as well so I can mix up some soil. I would have to borrow money from mom and our arrangement is that I pay for everything else and she pays the light bill ($250 a month difference from previous year.)

MHBGuy

I am amazed that you can buy buds at farmer's markets out there! Haha and way to be working the DoubleDDNuggs for an extra fat sack :)

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

there are two mmj markets here that I know of. one is quite large but I've heard some bad stuff like it's more profit oriented and they charge a shit ton for a booth where you're in a sea of vendors. The other one is way more intimate of a setting where you can get to know and talk to people. that's the one I go to. the farmers market where I got the worm castings and comfrey is a regular farmers market with veggies and fruits, local fish and stuff like that.

I also decided to put the comfrey in a kiddie pool and I'm going to harvest wild comfrey for soil amending and use the kiddie pool for top mulch.

MHBGuy

Good idea, keep it from running wild on you.

That small Cannabis Farmer's Market sounds like one I would love to visit!

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

the difference is that comfrey is a bioaccumulater which stores nutrients they find in the soil. so the best comfrey to use is wild comfrey because it has the highest nutrient content. The yarrow in my bed was a bioaccummulater. I can just chop it and lay it down on the top of the bed like mulch and let the microbes go to town on it. I thought that it had atmospheric nitrogen processing capabilities so I planted it in the soil meaning it would draw nitrogen from the air and process it then spit it out it's roots to store for later usage thereby creating it's own fertilizer. yarrow though has been planted in borders of herb gardens because gardeners noticed that the herbs grown next to them tastes more flavorful. that's why I planted mine in the middle of the girls. yarrow might process nitrogen in the atmosphere but I don't know for sure. I might try and find out later today but now I have to go pick a ton of berries, veggies and water everything before the desert temps hit. then I'm going to the worm farm. i'll take pics and share tonight.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

So I wanted to start another thread and end this one. the new thread will be just pics of what i'm doing along with funny pics, jokes, dirty adult humor all wrapped up into one thread. I think that growers can become too serious and this causes some drama and honestly, there is more drama on here with a bunch of dudes than in a ladies nail salon. so this will be a less serious thread, with some bud shots, whiskey shots, and money shots. haha

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

So I went to the worm farm and it smelled like worm poop. there were huge buildings filled with aging vermicompost and sprinklers everywhere. got to buy the EWC at wholesalers price instead of paying for hydro store mark up! SCORE! they also sell it $1 gallon if you buy it by the cubic yard. I don't need that much but I know a few people who do. They also sell a Green Cross Soil that is already prepared for medicinal purposes. This is the second place I've found advertising cannabis specific soil. I asked around and was told it's not the best and that the Medicine Man was better but still sometimes had amendments mixed wrong. not like it was only one strain but the same things happened to the different strains which has led to a few people telling me the same thing. I hope they got that fixed because I really like the business as a whole. I thought I would also go take a walk in my "backyard" tonight and harvest some yarrow and nettles to stick in my compost pile. They're growing solid down a nearby road that is easy to walk to.

also started a new thread to keep the laughs going so I can stay on the positive till I get the soil squared away. the clones are pretty limpy and I have been neglecting them because I just don't like going in there anymore. so I might just replace them with some new genetics from wonderful supportive farmers in my area. Gotta love the people who are for the patient!