What's new

Dream Berry BRIX/ROLS Newb Contest Entry

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

so new game plan: Black Lake Organics sells premixed fertilizer packs for $12 for 5 lbs. Then, I'm mixing Promix hp, bp, happy frog combo with added perlite. no cooking so no contamination from anything outdoors, just pour water on her and let her do her thing. no live worms in the bed to worry about because the compost I put down in there got flyers breeding and flying around in there. I set out some yellow fly traps to see if I can identify the flyers. I'm sure it won't take long. they're every where since I poured on the Imid.

I was also trying to figure out how to dispose of the soil properly and figured that the dump was the best possible choice. Does anyone know where to dump something of this nature? I don't want to put it just anywhere because if something starts growing in it, a bee might come to collect pollen or something. I had no intentions of putting this outside where bees would be harmed.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its about the plant - not us

Its about the plant - not us

@LyryC, I bet your gals love you right back for it too. They love being told how beautiful they and how much you love them. It is a true relationship.

week 6 day 39 of bloom i think
picture.php

some close ups
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

my shit aint perfect but its sure easier and simpler than organic rols soil.

DD-

"synthetic PGRs" you don't get immediate results from Gravity or bushmaster/load... Snythetic nutrients is just another word for man made.

Most of it is Urea...

Human Urine is one the best plant fertilizers.

Before you start peeing on your plants, theres more, wait.

Since we live in the day and age of the dollar bill, wage slavery, trends, social illusions/distractions, etc... we take too much medication because we are stupid and have been lied to our entire lives. Human Unrine is so TAINTED with pharmaceuticals that it is not suitable for food plants... especially anti depressants - birth control and pain killers.

So these synthetic nutrients you used before are just salts that are organized in the right amounts to provide plants with optimal required food, if you feed correctly, which is something organics do as well, but through the magic of microbiology and living organisms. The soil is more alive than whats living in it... a spoonful of soil has more than 20,000 residents... thats INSANE!!! Its up to you to take care of the soil, and the plant is the easier part and synthetics make it easier through control.

No matter what source of food for the plant, it will move the same chosen ions through its membranes and transport them, regardless if bacteria provided them or it is readily available salt based piss lol.

It seems you aren't having fun with this anymore, its not a competition, even thou you entered a contest I'd try and have fun with it and also learn that some times you have to do stuff you aren't used too, cull plants.

you gotta fall down to get up so don't try and impress anyone on here or keep up with us... we are here to be friends - have fun - learn from one another and most of all - NOT COMPETE.... Thats wut Gorilla Glue #4 is about - sharing the love. One love, ya know?

We all fucked up - got pests - its inevitable. I rode a smooth ride for awhile after my first grow and got comfortable and slipped up. I knew better, I even foreshadowed my demise...

Anyways... cheer up and fuck those plants and soil. Start fresh - you'll feel better! and unless this contest is going ot pay your bills - I wouldn't fret over it. Having fun is more important.

good vibes and green blessings all

Heres that song Seasonsoflove

[YOUTUBEIF]iA0XBfaj8n4[/YOUTUBEIF]

oh and heres another good one for the ladies
[YOUTUBEIF]nyByqUgwh3o[/YOUTUBEIF]

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

ooo I like those songs Lyryc!

the plants leaves just keep getting worse and I wasn't able to get soil today because the debit card machine was broken at the store. tomorrow though. also got some pics of what is flying around and it appears to be fungus gnats.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
@LyryC, happy flowers, just beautiful they are. And great post by the way. I use to use tap water but have switched to r/o for peace of mind.

@DD's, I think starting fresh maybe a good idea for you but do you have seeds or clones to start and most important the finances? If so great if not we can try to work with what we have.

I would also like to say that I have fungus gnats too. I really dont worry about them unless I start seeing them multiply faster/more of them. At this point I will take action for fungus gnats.

But my pests are really held in check from routine applications of neem oil and I try to have good air circulation to make it more difficult for those little buggers.

BayBHuey

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

10 hours collection and there are still flyers everwhere

10 hours collection and there are still flyers everwhere

picture.php

picture.php

My aunt gave me a fly trap and this is what I collected in ten hours. so I guess I should go buy some fly traps. I hate them because the fan blows my hair into them like a freaking magnet. it's inevitable.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

in all of this turmoil I completely forgot about the extra dream berry clone. in an attempt to save the queen, I sprayed her down with nuke three times and put her outside with some mosquito bits layered thick in the soil. I tucked her away so no one would see and my mom told me today she's been watering it and asked if I had forgotten it was there since she noticed I'm not taking care of it like the others outside. which means, she was not treated with Imid. She's grown quite tall because I amended her soil with the guano super tea. She has a slight tip burn but nothing major. this really brightened my day. I think this is the one time I am blessed to be so forgetful. The Pineapple chunk seedlings that did get treated with the Imid will be rinsed of the soil and then placed into smart pots and will become mothers instead.

since no girls outside were treated, I can take cuttings and start back at it right away. I think I am going to pick the Casey Jones, Blue Magoo, Pennywise, Pineapple Chunk as mothers.

It was suggested that I run two strains that were both indicas or both sativas and learn about those plants by growing them and harvesting them until I have learned what they like. this way I will get to learn how a plant works instead of battling each strains issues. I have 8 strains right now because I like variety but I can't just have two, so I'm cutting it down to 4. The Casey Jones Sativa is going in a the big tree room that has 10 ft tall ceilings and I can train the branches LST style or scrog. I'll see what she likes, the scrog last time worked well in the hydro unit. The other indicas will go in the tent which has 6 ft tall ceilings. I might just grow them short and put them to bloom quick. Having so many mothers can give me lots of clones and with mom getting her mmj card, that will up my plant count so I can do this. I'm gonna have to figure out a new system but this is the update.

each strain will have it's own bed and the indicas will be in individual smart pots. The dream berry will be put in the sativa room as well. Here's each room: Storage room with insulated walls probably 6x7 with 10 ft tall ceilings. 12,000BTU window banger AC, 435 CFM exhaust fan, 70 pints per day dehumidifier, Raptor Dual bulb hood with 1000 watt switchable magnetic ballast and a 400 watt switchable ballast.
The 4x8x6 tent has an adjust a wing reflector and 1000 watt switchable. I would really like to just do 2 600 watt ballast in this tent but until September, this is not going to happen. There is a 435 CFM exhaust fan using passive intake but I haven't been running it to save electricity and have the doors unzipped with two box fans pushing air through the tent. works great but it's not going to work now so it's getting sealed up with filters and the additional fan for intake with fan controls to regulate temp. this also will not happen anytime soon. So the sativa room is the only room that is equipped almost (filters) to get started.

After reading what I have what type of system would you do? how would you do this using what I have? I also have a 1/10HP chiller, icebox for a swamp cooler for additional AC but I haven't been able to get it to cool. I have the correct pump size but I heard that the amount of water in your rez is what effects the cooling rate. Has anyone used these before?

Last edited:

MHBGuy

Hang in there girl. Glad your mom was looking out for your forgotten cut.

Fungus gnats are a bitch, but containable. Been hitting mine with liquid BTI at every watering and between that and fly paper, I think I finally have them under control where there are just one or two buzzing instead of bunches.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

they fuck with your roots. At the beginning I thought I just had fungus gnats so I did a soil drench with the SNS 203 and I didn't see flyers till I poured on the Imid. now they won't go back in the soil but are still hanging out. I'm hauling it out today. about to leave to go buy some soil. I think if the SNS was applied to kill off each lifecycle in time it would work very well. i'll be back with some pictures later tonight!

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

Fresh New Start

Fresh New Start

I went out today and took some clones off of my Pennywise from Subcool Seeds. I'm pretty damn sure she's a female because she just started to throw a pistil or three from outdoors. She was almost as tall as me so she looks pretty violated right now. Poor girl! I'm sure she will snap out of it and I can see how she performs outdoors as she is supposedly super pest and PM resistant plus she has a 1:1 ratio of CBD/THC and is very medicinal. The clones are a little limp and I'm hoping that I can help them snap out of it.

I also raped the Casey Jones but she LOVED it and all of her clones appear to be upright and loving life. She was not throwing pistils yet.

I also took clones of the Dream Berry, Blue Magoo, and the Blackberry Kush as the BBK is amazing and one of my favorites.

Here's the Dream Berry in the cirle plate and the BBK to the other side.
picture.php

It's pretty humid in there!!
picture.php

picture.php

Pennywise on the left with CJ on the right and Blue Magoo in the middle. There's water sitting in the lid for extra humidity and the girls get sprayed down every four hours. it's been super hot today and they look so dry.
picture.php

I'm going to wait to mix up the soil since the fungus gnats have gone through almost two fly strips averaging one per day. it's like the seven plagues in here. I'm going to go buy a pyrethrum bomb tomorrow and bomb that bitch. Should I leave the clones in there?

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

tip I got from the cool chick at the hydro store, take the root riots and place them upside down, then you don't need a tray to put them in or deal with them tipping over because they're flat on the topside. You can use your scissors or something to poke the hole the clone needs.

also, you can do all your cuts and trimming before you make the 45 degree cut off the main branch.

For watering, don't actually pour water on the root riots. instead, spray them with your mister so they don't become waterlogged.

I suck at taking clones and usually don't get a good success rate. So I'm expecting about 50% or so to not take. and that's if I'm lucky! But I feel that these tips she gave will really make a difference.

EDIT: I should add that the spray I'm using to mist is some kind of 15ml clone spray (freebie) that I can't remember and 1.5 oz yucca to 30 oz water. Adding the wetting agent has really helped keep the girls moist longer than when I use water. I think I will have a great success rate with some of them. The pennywise, Dream Berry and blackberry kush is all limpy. Penny was flowering already and the other two I don't have a dome for :( it seems to be missing. if Penny doesn't take, I have two seeds left (regulars).

Last edited:

Nes

tip I got from the cool chick at the hydro store, take the root riots and place them upside down, then you don't need a tray to put them in or deal with them tipping over because they're flat on the topside. You can use your scissors or something to poke the hole the clone needs.

also, you can do all your cuts and trimming before you make the 45 degree cut off the main branch.

For watering, don't actually pour water on the root riots. instead, spray them with your mister so they don't become waterlogged.

I suck at taking clones and usually don't get a good success rate. So I'm expecting about 50% or so to not take. and that's if I'm lucky! But I feel that these tips she gave will really make a difference.

EDIT: I should add that the spray I'm using to mist is some kind of 15ml clone spray (freebie) that I can't remember and 1.5 oz yucca to 30 oz water. Adding the wetting agent has really helped keep the girls moist longer than when I use water. I think I will have a great success rate with some of them. The pennywise, Dream Berry and blackberry kush is all limpy. Penny was flowering already and the other two I don't have a dome for :( it seems to be missing. if Penny doesn't take, I have two seeds left (regulars).

a tray will help maintan humidity with the dome. I keep it sealed for a couple days before openining the vents. If you dont want to use the 72 cell inserts, you can lay a layer of 3/4" of perlite on the bottom of the tray and nestle the plugs into it. The perlite is easier to keep wet without waterloging. I prefer dip 'n grow to any other gel or powder i've tried and a 12$ bottle will do thousands of clones. also, those grodan propogation plugs can be cut in half, on a diagonal, and set upside down in the same manner, and you get twice the plugs!

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

a tray will help maintan humidity with the dome. I keep it sealed for a couple days before openining the vents. If you dont want to use the 72 cell inserts, you can lay a layer of 3/4" of perlite on the bottom of the tray and nestle the plugs into it. The perlite is easier to keep wet without waterloging. I prefer dip 'n grow to any other gel or powder i've tried and a 12$ bottle will do thousands of clones. also, those grodan propogation plugs can be cut in half, on a diagonal, and set upside down in the same manner, and you get twice the plugs!

she said the same thing. I have some in our greenhouse I can get that should work. does it fully have to seal? the store doesn't sell a tray that fits the lid they carry :dunno:
she also said that she leaves hers in till they start to yellow then she takes them out and pots them up.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

they each have their own container. I set them on top of the Sterilite tub and put water in the lid of the tub while the clones are in separate containers. the separate containers have collected a minimal amount of water in the bottoms. I could also add some perlite as I bought a GIANT bag to mix in the 4x4 I was going to start. Tomorrow I plan on getting the soil remixed.

if I cooked outside in a tarp rolled up burrito style but got fungus gnats what would be the best way to treat it?

Nes

she said the same thing. I have some in our greenhouse I can get that should work. does it fully have to seal? the store doesn't sell a tray that fits the lid they carry :dunno:
she also said that she leaves hers in till they start to yellow then she takes them out and pots them up.

the nursery trays should fit well enough, even if they arent air tight. Once they yellow, its a good sign they have roots. They tend to stay green till they do.

as for cooking soil, i'd try to cook it in a garage if you have one? I dont know what to tell you on that one. Fungus gnats are something I've never had a problem with. Dont they usually come from overwatering and root rot?

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I had no idea but that would definitely make sense as the fungus gnats moved right in on the last grow which had root rot BAD from me fighting it for weeks. The first sign of flyers I treated with mosquito bits. I brewed them in water with an airstone and fed it to my girls. then I put some on top as well and that solved that. didn't have any probs afterwards because I really wouldn't water until I saw signs of underwatering. the soil was pretty dry most of the time. With this grow however, I kept trying to keep it moist for the worms. Also putting the compost in those containers and then burying them in the bed was when they started to show up. I thought that since I had lids on them and the holes were down in the soil I wouldn't attract insects. that was what probably draw them in. I was curious so I looked it up: Water and Soil Management

Because fungus gnats thrive in moist conditions, especially where there is an abundance of decaying vegetation and fungi, avoid overwatering and provide good drainage. Allow the surface of container soil to dry between waterings. Clean up standing water, and eliminate any plumbing or irrigation system leaks. Moist and decomposing grass clippings, compost, organic fertilizers, and mulches are also favorite breeding spots. Avoid using incompletely-composted organic matter in potting media unless it is pasteurized first, because it will often be infested with fungus gnats. Improve the drainage of the potting mix (e.g., increase the proportion of perlite or sand in the mix). Minimize organic debris around buildings and crops. Avoid fertilizing with excessive amounts of manure, blood meal, or similar organic materials. Screen and caulk leaky windows and doors to help prevent pests from coming indoors.

If you have infested plants, don’t move them to new areas where flies can emerge to infest other pots. In some cases you may wish to toss out severely infested plants.

Purchase and use only pasteurized container mix or potting mix. Commercial growers often treat potting soil with heat or steam before using it; this will kill flies and the algae and microorganisms they feed on. Home gardeners can solarize soil:
##Moisten it.
##Place it in a bag of transparent plastic or black plastic.
##Make the pile no deeper than about 8 inches.
##Place the bagged soil on a slightly elevated surface, such as a pallet in a sunny location, for about 4 to 6 weeks.

See the Pest Note: Soil Solarization for details. Store pasteurized potting soil off the ground and in closed containers to prevent it from becoming infested before use.
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7448.html

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

^^sounds like I was sending them an invitation to move right on in. That is why I saw the white bugs and flyers in the compost containers. it is actually a lot of thing on that list that I do so now I'm reading about solar cooking it since there is 18 cuft of soil and can't bake it in an oven.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

Busy couple of days in my garden. Tossed all the plants and disposed of dirt, went to home depot about five times, and built a giant 4x8 raised bed with a double suspended smart pot fabric bed. I have no carpenter skills and this is the first thing I've ever built so be kind. I've had a rough day. :bashhead:
I still have to build the scrog that goes over both beds but I can wait on that for a bit.
picture.php

the bed is held by monofilament scrog netting and the bed is sandwiched in between the frame by screwing 2 boards together. this way the bed is fully elevated giving the most amount of air possible. When I removed the smaller bed, the hydro pellets didn't provide enough air in the middle part of the bottom even though I thought it would. now problem solved!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Nes

Glad to hear your clones are doing well.
Did you say you are hanging your beds with trellis net?