What's new

Drag Queen Reading Hour coming to a library near you

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Agenda: education or indoctrination?

Agenda: education or indoctrination?

Here's a description of a recent event in South Carolina:

An Eventbrite page for the new story hour, posted by Mom's Liberal Happy Hour SC says the story hour is planned for September 22 at the Spartanburg County Public Library on 151 S. Church Street, dubbed the Headquarters Library. Drag performers are expected to read books to audiences from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. that day, and the group is not charging for the event.

According to the page for the event, "Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) is an event for drag queens to share books and stories with children in libraries, schools, and bookstores. DQSH captures the imagination and play of the gender fluidity of childhood and gives kids glamorous, positive role models. In spaces like this, kids are able to see people who defy rigid gender restrictions and imagine a world where people can present as they wish, where dress up is real."

Mom's Liberal Happy Hour is also hosting in conjunction with The Greenville Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a drag troupe affiliated with the Worldwide Order of Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. This troupe often dresses up as parodies of Catholic nuns and engage in non-profit work for the LGBTQ community.

Upstate Pride SC, an LGBTQ advocacy organization in the Upstate, released this statement in support of the new story hour:

In line with our mission of empowering people of all gender expressions in the Upstate, we wholeheartedly support the Drag Queen Story Hour. We view this as a great opportunity for children to learn about the diversity that exists in the world at a young age.

..... uh huh, uh huh :bigeye:

Hookahhead

I’m a Penn State grad so I’m allowed to tell this joke...

Do you know what you call a woman that goes after younger men?

A cougar.

Do you know what you call a man that goes after younger men?

A Nittnay Lion

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I was a kid - my Mum took me to the circus - and I saw a bearded lady - and I said to my Mum - 'Maybe its not really a lady Mum - maybe its a man dressing up like a lady' - (because I had heard The Kinks song 'Lola') -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

hahaha fucking hilarious visual,thank you !
I can see that with the voice of the little boy in Floyd's album the wall "look mummy".....

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Who the hell would send their children to get indoctrinated at an event sponsored by "Mom's Liberal Happy Hour" ?
LOL. Fuck No.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

Do you know what you call a woman that goes after younger men?

A cougar.

Do you know what you call a man that goes after younger men?

A Nittnay Lion

I do believe that the Nittany Lion would be an example of a 'Furry', kinda like a specialized sub-species of drag queen! :D

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
We view this as a great opportunity for children to learn about the diversity that exists in the world at a young age.

..... uh huh, uh huh :bigeye:
I hear ya...

Perfectly ok for high school kids and beyond. Waaaaaay past kid's comprehension at the level they're pushing it at. Completely wrong message.

The choice is yours, and you're free to make it yourself. I simply object to having it pushed in television, movies and now kids reading times.

X

xavier7995

To each their own, I have no problem with a drag queen reading a story to my kid. Wtf though...that crazy horned getup would freak out kids. Not sure why any sort of sexuality would need to be conveyed to kids in this context, wouldn't want some dude ramblin about slammin pussy any more than the hips going swish swish swish or whatever on the drag queen.

St. Phatty

My college choices were seriously affected by which campuses were Cannabis friendly.

As far as Draq Queen - it's more fun if a woman dresses up the opposite role. Party thing. Woman in a man's suit, Man in a dress, Halloween thing - that's the way to introduce it to kids.

Compared to the terrible medical experimentation involved in sexual reassignment Trans surgery - I think the normal H. & LGB sexual choices are looking pretty healthy.

There's actually a case where 2 transgender people fell in love. They were robbed of the chance to have normal genuine pleasure etc etc by their choice to have the Trans surgery.

Maybe they have a little tiny piece of erotic tissue left to rub.

A clitoris that's been cut up into part of a penis. That is sick sh-t. Teenagers need to learn to beware of that.

+ between RBGH (recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone) and other endocrine affecting plastics ... growing children are destined to be even more confused than chemical free children.

Kids need to be told that they are living in a pea soup of chemicals that affects their minds and can make them feel & think some wierd things.

M

Mr D

Barbie Creator Mattel Introduces New Line of ‘Gender-Nonconforming’ Dolls

St. Phatty

Barbie Creator Mattel Introduces New Line of ‘Gender-Nonconforming’ Dolls

The main gender difference between Ken and Barbie was, she got the Mammaries.

It's not like Ken had anything more than a plastic groin area.

Physically the bare dolls will be similar.

How can they de-sex Barbie, remove the plastic breasts ?

The dolls were already pretty gender neutral, except for dress.

Any maybe Ken got the Muscles.

It's all in the marketing, Baby.

This is Mattel's Madison Avenue Bullshit.

Can't call them "Mad Men" (the TV show) because that's not gender neutral ?

Mad Droids ?

Psylocybin Hallucinating Dead-Head - that would be Gender Neutral, right ?

Mattel should make a Psylocybin Hallucinating Dead-Head doll. :woohoo:

Treevly

I wonder if somebody tried to make a Heterosexual Reading Hour how much a fuss that would make?

~~chuckle~~

I think that a great deal of demonstration on such subjects is tribal signalling. It's like wearing a t-shirt with a righteous slogan.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Next up - I reckon Mattel will be releasing a Barbie/Ken Doll re-assignment surgery play-house for kids - so they can get used to the idea of having their gribbly bits chopped up - if they choose that - not likely.

Then the will probably do the same with G.I.Joe/Action Man - in memory of Chelsea Manning -

troutman

Seed Whore
Next up - I reckon Mattel will be releasing a Barbie/Ken Doll re-assignment surgery play-house for kids - so they can get used to the idea of having their gribbly bits chopped up - if they choose that - not likely.

Then the will probably do the same with G.I.Joe/Action Man - in memory of Chelsea Manning -

Did you see the Sharia barbie? :biggrin:

DOsC1tqVQAAWM3p.jpg

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are something like the priests of the old mystery religion.
They help to initiate these children into the new religion of wokeness.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - that's a point - maybe these cross-dressing minstrels are some sort of ju-ju gender fluid witch doctors - a portent for the dystopian future to come -

Really - I can't see the harm in it - if kids are properly supervised by caring adults - as they would be on any school outing - There is an old school music-hall tradition in the UK where gentlemen dress up as ladies - and perform on stage - singing songs and what-not - Pantomime they call it - and kids always roar with laughter when they see such shows.

These are something like the priests of the old mystery religion.
They help to initiate these children into the new religion of wokeness.

Latest posts

Latest posts