What's new

DR90Twin 600W Blue Cheese

Jnugg

Veteran
Might be best to start looking for a small, cheap AC right now.

I would agree...better sooner then later.84° is a bit warm if not supplementing with cO2.Try to keep canopy temps under 80° and preferably no higher than 75°-78°.

What is the temperature of the room the tent sits in?

Lazyeye

Ambient temperature in the room (with the door being open to the rest of the apartment) is 24C (75F).

Had a look yesterday for an AC, but all I find are expensive ones for like 12+ m2. My room is like 2.5m2, I only need a small one and I can't afford a big one...

Lazyeye

Still havn't found an AC that will fit my needs. Main problem is having nowhere to exhaust the hot air...

The plants are doing great though! Growing like crazy! Running the HPS on 400W gets me a temp of ~27C, 600W gets me ~30C. So I'm sitting on 400W right now trying to figure out the best way to deal with the heat and at the same time keeping it stealthy.

I'll top all the plants for the first time tonight, running only 4 plants in bloom equals me having loads of space sideways to fill out. You'll be surprised how good it's finally going when the sunday update comes.

Lazyeye

Morale is high!

Been a little more than a week since the last update, and the plants look amazing! They've gorwn like, well weed :D They got a deep dark green color and they smell delicious! As you can see on the pictures the topping went great, I'm quite proud of myself to be honest. I will probably top them one more time before the flip.
As you can see a repot is getting imminent. During the next week I'll move them up to the 2.5 gallon buckets, give them some time to acclimate and shoot a few more branches, then top, then flip. The plants had some stunted growth for 2-3 days after the topping, but this was expected.
I now water them once every day, they drink like crazy! I havn't PH checked the water with the nutes as I havn't received my PH pens yet, but no defincensies showing.

I am currently looking alot at LED lights, since I really want to push this tent to it's limits. Wich I can't because of the heat issues I'm having in my porly ventilated grow area. It's alright now, but come summer I bet I will have problems. Figured I'd do this grow and then reinvest in to new equipment. Besides, it's fun trying new stuff.
I've been going to the hydrostore alot, always something I forget, but hey that's learning.
Next round will be done in coco. I'm already sick and fucking tired of the mess that perlite/vermiculite makes! Also tired of algae on the mix/rockwool. It's not alot of it, and I will cover the plants up more when repotted with new soilless mix, but it's still annoying. And the results people get with coco is insane.
I've also been looking in to some co2 supplement, also due to poor ventilation in the room. Havn't really found much, I will not invest in a proper co2 equipment though, not yet.

hibachi: As you requested I added a picture of the lighting for you :tiphat:

I think that's it for now, take care guys!

Edit: Almost forgot. I got my honeywell oscillating fans a few days ago. Problem was that even at the lowest they almost blew my plants away. Easily solved with using the dimmer I bought for the exhaust fan. I'll go to the store and pick two more up so that I can dim down the speed of the fans.

Attachments

• Getting there 001_cleaned.jpg
    Getting there 001_cleaned.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Getting there 002_cleaned.jpg
    Getting there 002_cleaned.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 20
  • Getting there 003_cleaned.jpg
    Getting there 003_cleaned.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Getting there 004_cleaned.jpg
    Getting there 004_cleaned.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Getting there 005_cleaned.jpg
    Getting there 005_cleaned.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 16

Lazyeye

Flipday!

Today the girls are going in to the 12/12 light cycle. I was going to give them another week in veg, but I've been told that when growing from seed they tend to stretch a fair bit more than clones. I don't want to overveg and make a mess out of it.

I've repotted them all in to their permanent containers. I think I almost fucked it up! I think I should have repotted them earlier, the roots were all over the reservoar. The entire res was filled with roots, almost creating a vacuum against the container. One of the plants roots got torn pretty bad, but they all came out great and just continued to grow!

I've selected a motherplant, as you can see. She was horrible to repot! I didn't think about the roots creating more height than the rockwool itself. Had only calculated the height of the rockwool when selecting her container, I had a bit of a problem. Since her rootball was fucking insane I had to do some rootpruning right then and there, without even reading up on it! Basically I just split the rootball in half and "flaked it out" to make it fit in to the container height-wise. She's looking great. Short, bushy and full of nodes. As you also can see I'm starting to feel the limitations height-wise in the vegchamber, so I topped her a second time the other day. I'm thinking about getting 3x 30w 4000K CFL bulbs to hang vertically around her. And to use the current CFL fixture for clones. I'm thinking that would make her bush out even more and maybe not get so much taller? What do you think?

I also seem to see different phenos in the flowering chamber. The two to the right are taller and lankier. Especially the one at the back. Those two also got topped a second time. The two to the left seems to stay short and bushy, they have only been topped once.

The smell is containable, for now. But as someone said earlier, they do stink heavily. Some days I can smell a very vague smell of my plants when coming home from work. I've had visitors though, none have said anything. Guess you gotta look - well smell for it to feel it... For now. Will be very interesting to see how long the filter will keep up. Gonna go out and get some air refreshners during the week. If they don't help I'll start making a ONA-bucket.

So we're getting there folks! We're totally getting there! Time to throw your bets in how much you think they'll yield! As for me, as long as I get over 100 grams I'm happy.

Take care people! Peace!

Attachments

• Flip 006_cleaned.jpg
    Flip 006_cleaned.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 18
  • Flip 005_cleaned.jpg
    Flip 005_cleaned.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Flip 004_cleaned.jpg
    Flip 004_cleaned.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Flip 003_cleaned.jpg
    Flip 003_cleaned.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Flip 002_cleaned.jpg
    Flip 002_cleaned.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 19

hibachi212

How are your temps currently? Are u happy with the setup?(Sputnik and the height problem)

Did u take any cuttings from the plants that are in bloom now? That is my plan.

Beste Grüsse

Lazyeye

Temperature in bottom chamber (flower) is at 26.5C ambient. Measured at floor level. The damn thermometer keeps falling down when trying to tape it to the side.

Temperature in the top chamber (veg) is 28.2C ambient. Measured at floor level.

I am currently running the HPS at full blast 600w. I want to crank out as much of the plants as I possibly can for as long as I can. I'm planning to run a duct from the top chamber down to floor level outside of the tent. Making it draw the cool air in.

I've only felt the height problems in veg so far. Got plenty of room to grow under the sputnik.

No need to take clones from the flowering plants as I've kept a motherplant.

Lazyeye

Day 7

One week in bloom has passed. Now I know what the stretch is all about! :biggrin:

As you can see the motherplant is thriving. Maybe a little bit too much... Damn height problems. I wish I had a complete room for this! I got the CFL bulbs wich I intend to hang vertically around her, but I every store I went to that carries the cords with the e27 socket (I think it is) only had e14 when I was there. Just my luck... Another try during the week.

I went away for the holidays, for like three days. Was a bit worried that the plants in bloom would suffer due to no watering. Turns out the hempybuckets did their job stunningly well. No droopiness or any other sign of malnuricement. Only ALOT of growth! My original idea was to put a 5th plant in the middle, like I had the buckets set up in the start of the thread. I'm thinking this wont work. As you can see in one of the pictures the 4 I got is filling out the canopy quite nicely.

Questions:

What do you people think? Is this the way to maximize yields from this tent? How would you do it? I can't do SOG just yet I reckon, if/when I do I want to go autowatering all the way. Probably an E&F system, wich I can't afford right now.

How long should I assume that the plants stretch for? Been googling but different answers all the time...

Take care! Peace

Attachments

• Day 7 008_cleaned.jpg
    Day 7 008_cleaned.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Day 7 007_cleaned.jpg
    Day 7 007_cleaned.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Day 7 006_cleaned.jpg
    Day 7 006_cleaned.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Day 7 005_cleaned.jpg
    Day 7 005_cleaned.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Day 7 002_cleaned.jpg
    Day 7 002_cleaned.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 14

Jnugg

Veteran
If I had to guess,and seeing how Blue Cheese is an 8-9 week strain...I'd guess 3 weeks of stretch...possibly four...keep an eye on em' and once vertical growth is slowed or non existent start lightly defoliating.

Lazyeye

Thanks Jnugg. I'm thinking it will be crowded in there when the stretch is done... Defoliating from the bottom right?

What's your take on the style of grow?

Lazyeye

I need advice on how to deal with the waste water. Currently I've just let it drip out to the bottom of the tent, it's been evaporated fast before. But now the canopy is covering it all so all the water at the bottom is in the shade, and not evaporating.

Took them all out to the bathroom to water them today, made a big mess and it took alot of time. Any advice on how to get rid of it easier?

P.S Reason I need to not have it at the bottom is that it's increasing the humidity too much.

Lazyeye

Day 14

So another week down, still no major fuckups! :laughing: The motherplant grew taller than I anticipated. Had a rough time getting the e27 cables so she got pretty burnt as you can see. She literally grew in to the CFL fixture and almost wrapped herself around it. I manicured her today and redecorated her little room. Hopefully she'll be more comfortable now.

The plants in bloom are stretching like crazy! I hope they stop right about very soon. The hood is as far up as it can go. As you can see in the pictures there is one plant that's taken off a bit more than the others, that one is about 12 inches from the light. The rest around 15 inches. Temperature is good, PH is good, it's all good! And they are starting to bud up!

One thing that is not so positive is that the Blue Cheese smell is far too much. As someone said earlier it is a hard task to control it. The filter can't keep up with it, I bought some cheap odor control but that doesn't keep up either. This will most likely be the last run with Blue Cheese. I'm looking at Chronic from Serious Seeds next time. Any other similar strains?

I think that's it for now, take care people! Peace

Attachments

• Day 14 001_cleaned.jpg
    Day 14 001_cleaned.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Day 14 002_cleaned.jpg
    Day 14 002_cleaned.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 17
  • Day 14 008_cleaned.jpg
    Day 14 008_cleaned.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Day 14 003_cleaned.jpg
    Day 14 003_cleaned.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Day 14 007_cleaned.jpg
    Day 14 007_cleaned.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 17

Lazyeye

The lower leaves of the blooming plants are starting to die off. Is this a sign of the stretch coming to an end? Should I start defoliating?