What's new

DR60 Pl-l tent

e_24

just got done reading this grow! nice job man. what does your exhaust setup look like? a buddy of mine jus picked up a dr60 and were having trouble figuring out the exhaust.

2000pm

Thanks e! The ventilation system is actually kinda sloppy right now... but I don't think a rework would have made any significant drops in temp during the grow.

J63oN.jpg

S&P TD100x to a Phresh filter (4"X12")

My re-work idea was to hang the td100x vertically shooting directly out of the hole so the output is unobstructed, with just one bend so I can hold the filter horizontal. I actually do have the room to keep the filter vertical as well if I can somehow hold it up there so it really depends on how much room you are going to have to raise/lower the lights. I barely needed any vertical room with the scrog and am happy to have the drying space.

The back right space bomb came down last night unexpectedly as well and is hanging on the right side of the tent. I noticed a nanner so down she came. It went well past the 45-55 day mark so I'm not unhappy about it, and the guy who selected the mothers/clones did a great job. I was scared about them being hermie-prone as TGA plants seem to hold a rep of but they have all done well as far as that goes.

cJ5BY.jpg

No peyote purp or anything but not complaining about those trichs!

W0zcR.jpg

k95DR.jpg

The nugs on the space bomb were nice and dense, with really nice resin coverage. Kind of a spicy lemon-peppery scent, hard to describe. It smells closer to a culinary herb than anything.

2000pm

Day 73.

Thanks shawkmon for sticking it through til the end!

mBoys.jpg

Querkle came down today. Was wondering where that "grape" smell was until the harvest. Purple kool aid!

33zQx.jpg

Nugget. For anyone planning on messing with UVb, the necrotic/dead leaves were a huge PITA to trim off so take care to avoid such matters. Definitely started coloring up the past week so I think if timed better it has the potential to really darken up for those into that sort of thing. Happened from the bottom up.

QRkAc.jpg

Harvest. (no not finished trimming yet :p)

8lyoe.jpg

Space bomb reveg.

Chocolope didn't make it on the reveg, RIP. Space bomb is still doing pretty well though - not pruning the roots at all probably helped my case here vs the severe root pruning I gave the chocolope. Didn't bother trying with the querkle, and may or may not with the other space bomb. Would like to at least get this space bomb revegging back to life to get the experience under the belt. Am experimenting with just a top dressing of osmocote+ for the reveg.

Only one left...:thank you:

2000pm

Thanks Don. The querkle smells unbelievable already compared to the other two. Just went into the tupperwares for the slow dry/burp stage.
Weights so far, ~60% on the Caliber:

Space bomb
popcorn: 12g
nuggets: 24.3g
Total: 36.3g
Chocolope
popcorn: 16.4g
nuggets: 28.2g
Total: 44.6g

Was kind of hoping for 1oz of the quality nuggets per plant but it looks like only the chocolope is going to do it this time around. With the exact same setup I think I can do a lot better the second time around with just some tweaks I have in mind, but the addition of LEDs next round should help out a lot. I definitely didn't eek out the full potential of either the lights or the plants by a good margin.

Swty2.jpg

Last one standing!

2000pm

Day 79, chopped the last space bomb. Went a tad longer than planned.

DzULz.jpg

I think this one actually may yield the most... Has by far the most trim/popcorn of them all as well.

peYJh.jpg

Querkle. Her weight as follows (~61% on caliber)

Popcorn: 7g
Nugs: 34.4g
Total: 41.4g

Surprised me with the nug weight, but she was pretty dense.

So that's that! I will be back with the space bomb weight, final totals, and perhaps a smoke report or two. Maybe a "what to change up next time" style of post.

Thanks everyone for following along and I hope this might help someone planning something similar in the future. I love scrog after this trial and am looking forward to continuing learning with yall.

JEJbB.jpg

I'll be back in a few months when it cools down again... :biggrin:

Threads of note:
PLL Club
Official Hempy bucket thread
VerdantGreen's 250w hps modscrogs
The K.I.S.S. Method
A perfect cure every time

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
while the rip of ur chocolope didnt make it. the rest look superbe. I wich I could gro buds that frosty agen like I use to get.

anyway nice log.

2000pm

Final space bomb weight is in!

58% on the caliber:

Space bomb (sativa)
Popcorn: 7.7g
Nugs: 20.8g
Total: 28.5g

It did dry quite a bit more than the others which may account for the lower weight but luckily I caught it before it went too crispy. The bud structure was also more of the foxtailing airy variety. It still made more frosty trim than the others and that will become some tasty oil.

TOTAL
Popcorn: 43.1g (1.52oz)
Nugs: 107.7g (3.80oz)
-------------------
Total: 150.8g (5.32oz)

EDIT: just had a stoner moment and realized I used 28g/oz instead of 28.35g so I readjusted the totals there and lowered them to the correct amounts. Sorry about that one!

Should be higher under the hands of a more capable grower. Next time!

olrf1.jpg

Little bit of chocolope QWET, blazemaster dish. Its a nice blast to the dome! (glass isn't that dirty, I just forgot to clean it so I blurred...)

Back with nug pics once they are cured and I am smoking them :biggrin:.

gtgio

This rules, that bud looks delicious.

Lots of people are are killing it with the PL-Ls. I have a DR60 I'm currently using as a veg tent, but all of you PL-L people are making me re-evaluate how much production is coming out of that space. I'd be way better served with a PL-L scrog and putting my veg stuff somewhere else considering it isnt using the full tent.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
amazing result grower!!!
in the beginning of my experienze to grow weed i use the same tent but my result was around 100gr.dry...your style bring you much better ehhh enjoyed your own grass bro that look'n super sticky tricky!!!

2000pm

Thanks everyone!

An easy method to increase yields in this setup without changing much would have been to use square scrog instead of the round supports. There were plenty of "holes" in the canopy that could have been extra bud weight for those watching the figures.

Also, if I nailed the canopy height a little better there no doubt would have been a further increase, as my top-down pics didn't quite show how uneven some of the tops were compared to others. I could have even grown the tallest buds taller as I am sure I didn't take full advantage of the penetration of the PLLs.

Other methods I'm not too certain about would be to clear out the undergrowth. I left much of it on in anticipation of reveg but I wonder if cutting it out would have helped the upper growth some more. Another to consider is having less tops. I modeled this somewhat closely after Verdant's modscrogs and he has way less budsites per plant, but bigger nugs. He is using LED and hps previously whereas I am using PLL so there could be an issue with that. Finally, I didn't monitor the ferts all that well towards the end and nailing that would surely help the plants do their best.

fatigues

Veteran
You managed more than 1 zip per 55w PLL. Nothing to be ashamed of there -- that's a pretty damn good yield. Well done. Thanks for the journal, I enjoyed it.

2000pm

Thanks fatigues! I am truly happy with what came out of the garden but always got to be thinking about how to improve.

I've started to enjoy a few nugs here and there from the jars. Been about a month or so for all of them now.

nOrX9.jpg

Sativa space bomb. Dried this one a little fast, wasn't ready for the airier structure to drop in moisture so much faster than the others. A little crispier than the rest and lost a good deal of its awesome scent due to it I believe. That cherry character faded out and now with a faint lemon/lime 7up thing happening, but comes back pretty well after a grind. I wonder if pulling it a little earlier would have retained that a little better. Effects are heady and a little confusing/hazy even. Indulge a little too much and it will put you down even though initial effects were definitely on the up side.

l3Kqb.jpg

Querkle. Great grape drink/candy flavor that carries well into the taste. One of those lip-smackers after blowing out a big vape cloud. Decent muscle/pain relief, and good body stone with the classic "indica" effects. Awesome taste/smell/effects - all around winner.

sp51v.jpg

Indica space bomb. While growing and drying it didn't give off much character but after a good cure there is an rotten orangey almost medicinal smell to it. Smells much better than it sounds. This one seems to be the most "powerful" of the bunch. A good session will bring about that pressure in the forehead (third-eye area for those into that) and had a good hybrid all-over effect to it. It finishes off with nap requirements. A couple of puffs from a friend who does not smoke as much sent him curled up and out for the count the rest of the night. I was really impressed with how vaping a good bowl has me wondering "perhaps I vaped too much..." which I haven't felt in a long time with flowers since starting up oils.

LauIW.jpg

Chocolope. After a month+ I can finally taste why it is called chocolope. Initially it was all fruit and sugar, but has cured into a deeper more complex flavor. Still retains much of the sugary sweetness on the front end, but after a few puffs of the joint, the aftertaste is a rich chocolate/coffee/musky type of flavor that could easily be described as chocolate by those looking for it. Effects are really nice - I had heard the high is pretty polarizing on this particular breed and am glad to be on the side who enjoys it. Almost all head with some electric body race/tingles if smoking a lot (or taking a dab!). A lighter session gives you that sativa energy and improves mood. Also lets you down quite a bit smoother than the sativa-leaning space bomb even after a heavy session or some big dabs.

Going to run the rest of the trim into oil soon and that about wraps up this grow! Once again, thank you all for following and commenting. Be back with LEDs in the spectrum and some C99 in the perlite sooner than later (crossing my fingers for that blockhead pineapple pheno).

:thank you:

2000pm

kudos gtgio, lookin forward to seeing what you do with your DR60 if you make some changes in there.

Dr 4 four

Looking good 2000! Thanks for the update on the smoke/flavor. Those nugs look nice and frosty. Was the Chocolope fluffy or solid?

2000pm

It was actually surprisingly on the tighter side. Lots of small calyx clusters banded together, never got those fat individual calyx stacks like the space bomb showed. Very little stretch too although that could be just the supercropping on it.