What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DR60 Pl-l tent

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
looking good man, going to be fun to watch this one. keep it up with the updates :yes:

that chocolope close up on the calyx looks good, i saw those screens at plant nursery the other day and thought the same thing. had to picked up a few of those myself. wished they came squared as well. plants looking great and cant wait to see finished product

2000pm

Day 9 of 12/12, and they are well on their way. TGA plants are stretching quite a bit putting a lot of distance in the nodes. The chocolope I feared would be worse with her sativa genetics but actually has managed its own height well thus far. We'll see if a spurt comes on later - I haven't been weaving it down so if one does I may be caught off guard.

Since I don't really know these plants and how they stretch, after some advice and reading I'm thinking 2 weeks of weaving (5 more days?) then letting them just grow up. How do you guys tackle a plant you've never scrog'd before?

Anyway, pics:

1Kanm.jpg

Swapped out the 6500K bulbs, now (4x) 3000K Osram 55 Watters.

a4VUm.jpg

Orange in there.

hACGY.jpg

Space bomb knows what time it is!

fTnmQ.jpg

Chocolope hedge top-down.

2000pm

Day 16 of flower.

5MaHO.jpg

I decided to do some weaving on the chocolope (FL), then a couple of days later un-weaved her and now she is a bit mangled looking and will be slowed some days no doubt. I got scared about her possible stretch but further searching shows that supercropping was supposed to reduce it and possibly the plant itself isn't a stretcher. Noob mistakes, getting too handsy. Too bad because she was looking so great as can be seen in the prev overhead shot. :laughing: (no idea whats up with the colors in this pic)

7uuvO.jpg

Querkle. She is starting to smell nice n fruity. Didn't veg as fast as the space bombs and it seems this is consistent with this particular breed. People keep saying none of these TGA plants are supposed to yield all that well anyway - just for the fun of it.

gZp5N.jpg

You can see the trichs really starting up now. I believe this is one of the space bombs. The one in the back right is swelling up and frosting up the fastest out of all of them. They list it at 45-55 days which seems really fast but people do seem to cut them at these days. I'll go by looks at that age when it comes.

uAKPq.jpg

Querkle closeup. Chocolope buds are lagging behind due to my f-up.

Now it is just a waiting game. I am going to do powder koolbloom the week before the two week "flush" - in which I'm going to taper the lucas down the first week and then water only the final week instead of shocking it with just straight water for two...

Is that leaf serrated edge curling mag def? I cut back to 5ml/gal after doing 10 for a while. I am noticing what might be cal/mag def again after a bit of doing this. Guess my water needs the addition.

As far as scrog notes go, I wish I had left more time for growth between weaving the branches in there with the chocolope, but timing was again a pain. It seem just easier to get a little vertical growth going then pull it down, stick it in place, and get a better canopy with the final placements as I was able to do with the TGA plants. I followed Verdant's method of keeping all growth under the screen so I can more easily pull branches down to place in different screen spaces.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks very nice. Those lamps do an amazing job, don't they? I have a hell of a time keeping up with supplementing magnesium - my water has only 1.1 ppm in it, and it always makes me paranoid to supplement as much as the plants seem to need.

2000pm

Yea I keep reading that micro has all that you need as far as that goes and with the tap water blah blah but without any I definitely had deficiencies and scaling back to 5 they are starting to show again. Not all water is the same for sure. (just checked the local analysis and I too only have 1~2 ppm. Confirmed!)

I do love these lamps. I had used PCs from planted tanks so I knew how bright they could get and its great to see what they can do on terrestrial plants.

2000pm

Great looking ! Definately following this as I want to buy a PL-L setup soon (2x80W).

I've been impressed so far. A side node: I really like the td100x/phresh combo; I can barely hear it and it keeps my temps cool enough right now in there with zero odor thus far.
Thing is, it keeps it just barely cool enough for my comfort so a hps definitely wouldn't work unless I wanted to do extra work and rig up a separate cooltube system of some sort. I am curious what the addition of those luxstrips as I plan at some point will add to the heat in there.

80w sounds like serious pll bulbs. I hope my end results are something that makes you want to continue those plans.

Really nice Screens you have there! Can't wait to see what they turn out to be like in a month.:wave:

Thanks for continuing along! It's been a real pleasure caring for them so far. A month seems really far off and too close in many aspects as I won't be able to continue until it cools off again.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
still watching , lookin good, this is the the 2 by 2 right, it seems bigger than 2 feet, looks good with 4 buckets in there.

2000pm

Good to see you back! Yea its small in there, only 2'x2' - I'll throw up a lighter or something in the next shot for a reference. There is a ton more vertical space to work in there since my lateral movement is done but it would require a completely different configuration.

I'm definitely feeling like I should have let a little more vertical growth happen after watching them for a week here. While these lights are no hps I definitely have a bit more penetration to work with than I am currently utilizing above screen level. Might try to slide them up a bit on the next watering.

edit: feel like I'm posting too much here so I'll spice it up with the relevant pics.

WhTQ7.jpg

Everyone's favorite trimmer for size.

O8pCc.jpg

Space bomb

TGAFl.jpg

Querkle

2000pm

Oh ya I just move them up for the photo op ;). They stay about 4" from the tops right now. With the reflector style I'm finding that right on top of the plants are making me lose some coverage.

2000pm

Yes indeed, thanks for swinging on by everyone :tiphat:

We are at day 30 now. Things have been progressing as they should for the most part.

I was going to start on some koolbloom with the TGA ladies but a few are starting to show some tip burning so I decided to back off on that for a bit. Not sure what is going on there right now.

Anyway, pics:

BE8Lc.jpg

Top down.

kjANK.jpg

Flower power. Trich coverage on these are very pleasing.

yZObx.jpg

Chocolope. Definitely caught up in the frost and is starting to put on the weight now.

6BP9H.jpg

Space bomb 1 is much skinnier in structure than 2. (c99 vs romulan on 2)

I'm still very skeptical of the 55-day finishing time but space bomb 2 is already browning back pistils and really making a go for it. She definitely outpaced everyone on swelling fastest as well.

Tent smells awesome now!

2000pm

Day 38.

CIhMX.jpg

Topshot.

udvl9.jpg

Space Bomb. Calyx swelling starting up in ernest and still running towards that finish in the 50s. Not a lot of smell to this one inside this tent. Maybe once she is isolated but right now being dominated by the others in that department.

yAw8F.jpg

Other Space Bomb. Putting a little bit more heft on but still comparably slim although the pictures don't seem to reflect that as much with my shots. Has a really nice cherry cola smell going on when jostled.

mEhKG.jpg

Querkle closeup. Kind of a citrus thing going on right now but the Chocolope continues to have her way in the aroma game over everyone else right now with the ripe melon funk.

Also been meaning to say thanks for all the encouraging comments and advice thus far. I know these particular breeders don't jive with many here and I thought I would note that in light of the new TOS.