What's new

Dr is in Da house 5 plant scrog

DrFever

Veteran
Fantastic log Doc! Looks really nice!

Do you trim fan leaves in the canopy at all? Im doing a 4 x 5 under 1k watts and it's getting really crowded it seems...whats your airflow like on the canopy?

This is great to see...I was worried that I flipped mine too late - but they're right about where yours were at the same age. Really nice setup and thanks for sharing :)

No i just kept folding fan leafs under screen every day as well as Kept supercropping up to 10th day of flower to help with the stretch phase i highly recomend it
This way you get 3 nice buds off very top of bud i also only cleaned up about 1/4 and a little of below screen them 1000 will penetrate under canvas about 8" pretty easy as for fan i had a 20" fan constantly blowing on tops worked out real well if you can try to get 82 temps lights on and humidity 60 - 70 throughout you will see a considerable amount of better growth

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all Figured i start another journal within my journal as its that time of year so bin getting room ready
going to be 3 k this time 5' x 15' scrog 15 plants, with C02 i will go step by step this time around maybe to help a few scroggers out by making a adjustable scrog table to actual transplanting into training pots to final pots size

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great harvest! always nice to see a bigger scrog!

looking forward to the next one...

VG

DrFever

Veteran
great harvest! always nice to see a bigger scrog!

looking forward to the next one...

VG

Ty VG we seem to see eye to eye from some older posts we discussed i also am looking forward to this grow.
Veg time will be lower from my usual veg times probably like 4 week veg with training then transplant and flip
goal is to achieve 6 pounds plus

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all how is everyone today little update almost got room all done getting flooring done then just entrance to do.
room is 12 x 26 clones are looking good for 4 days old
in the next week i guess i will start on new scrog table 5foot x 15 foot , set up my c02, and fogger system, and finish up all my air in lines then calibrate and dial in room
temps i will be running will be 87 lights on and 72 off humidity 85 to 100 for veg cycle
1350 ppm of C02 through out Veg and up to 6th week of flower
lights will be 3000 watts of hordilux bulbs
1 - super blue mh and hps in one bulb in middle of the 2 other super hps's on sides should be a nice spectrum blue and whites and yellows :)

LokiLoki

Hey man ive just gone through your thread, what an awesome scrog! Congrats to your epic harvest and good luck on your current grow :)

Peace

DrFever

Veteran
Hey man ive just gone through your thread, what an awesome scrog! Congrats to your epic harvest and good luck on your current grow :)

Peace
Thank you loki looking forward to see room completed and things happening :dance013:

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all well slowly getting my room ready lol well waiting on clones to show roots should be any day now bin a week since taking cuttings
ppp takes around 14 - 18 days to root so taking my time on room here are a few updates starting to come together should have all my electrical all tidy by tomorrow, then start mounting lights, then get c02 all set up which is pretty slick i run my tanks outside in a heated shed attached to house run insulated lines thru walls last year i had one freeze up but got it solved ( insulated my lines ) lol
as well have my fresh air coming thru there as well when i open her up lights off before i had way to much condensation forming on dryer vents cause had outside cold air coming straight in ( so now pre heating outside air prior to entering room problem solved )

DrFever

Veteran
Can you explain your super cropping techniques? Amazing grow!
Sure man after i am done explaining your on your way to making the best possible yield per plant count lol
what i do is low stress train and super crop at the same time
First things first as your clone or seedling grows you probably going to have to transplant 4times before your in your final pot size leave it do its thing till there about 6 - 8" tall by this stage you should be in like 4" pots etc what i do is then start getting ready to transplant them girls into my training pot this is where the magic occurs so 3 - 4 days prior i will lean my plants on there sides every day raising one side of the pot more n more till pots are litterally sideways as i will post in pics
Reason i do this is all sides of plant will start to grow in 1 direction and thats towards light so in a sense one side of plant is facing up other stems etc tops are also turning into the direction of light
now i am ready to transplant into 12" pots
Instead of placing plant right in middle of of 12" pot place it on one side and plant it at a angle making it easy to tie stem / top to other side of pot now every 2 - 3 days i will keep tieing plant over like 2 - 3 " as it grows once plant stem has completly went around pot its time to untie her and set her free
meanwhile as she is growing all tops i will pinch approx 1" below as i am doing this thus causing more tops to form as they form into little tops you do the same to them and within total of couple of weeks you got some nice trees going on hope this helps you

DrFever

Veteran
Now my plant has bin tied completely around pot its time to transplant again into my final pot size remember root mass = yield don't let anyone fool you i like using totes for final pot size as well reason i like to transplant so many times is to give plant fresh soil as i do hammer plants with nutrients so here is what plants look like going into final pot i will only super crop now for like 1 - 2 weeks then stretch it out on scrog table then flip to flower
meanwhile everyday i will stretch plant out as well super crop until 10-th day in flower filling out my scrog table and that resulted in 4.75 dry pounds out of 5 plants 2k more or less 15 oz dry per not bad ya think
total veg time being i used T5'Ho's was approx 6 - 8 weeks being it was a hot summer
this grow i will be vegging under 1000's so veg time will be 3 - 5 weeks goal is 7 - 8 pounds as i will be running C02 and 15 plants in a way bigger scrog table 7 x 15 i am thinking

Yikesy

I really appreciate the explanation. I love using lst for my gals. Can you elaborate on your pinching technique to get multiple tops? I've actually used LST the same way you have for years, it works fantastic.

I'm blown away by your grow. Looks like top of the line product.

DrFever

Veteran
I really appreciate the explanation. I love using lst for my gals. Can you elaborate on your pinching technique to get multiple tops? I've actually used LST the same way you have for years, it works fantastic.

I'm blown away by your grow. Looks like top of the line product.

pretty easy really all you need to do is with all the tops forming on your plant go down to next lower leaf and right above it pinch with thunmb and fore finger the stem firmly bending it into the direction you want normally i bend out words within a few days you will notice a new top forming under your super crop just keep doing it to all tops like every 3 - 5 days in no time you will have instead of 20 tops you will get 40 to 60 tops once they mature enough to super crop do them as well an so on

DrFever

Veteran
Hey everyone well clones are showing roots on a few so only days away from getting things rolling here are some pictures clones are in 1" trays will be placing them into 3" shortly so got soil warming up as well getting room ready scorg table is made 5 x 10 attaching another one shortly to it couple lights are up and more or less coming together cheers everyone

Yikesy

pretty easy really all you need to do is with all the tops forming on your plant go down to next lower leaf and right above it pinch with thunmb and fore finger the stem firmly bending it into the direction you want normally i bend out words within a few days you will notice a new top forming under your super crop just keep doing it to all tops like every 3 - 5 days in no time you will have instead of 20 tops you will get 40 to 60 tops once they mature enough to super crop do them as well an so on

Maybe I'm missing it, but how does pinching the stem create more tops? Ive LST'd for years, so I understand the concept of bending and tying down, but I'm not understanding how pinching the stem creates more bud sites. Sorry for being an idiot, I'm sure it's much simpler than I'm making it out to be.