What's new

'DP' 'The Ultimate' - 'NFT SCROG'

Scrogerman

Veteran
Thanks Kind Plenty of air getting through there thats for sure lol. Better Pics them last few. I have a dedicated Clip on just blowing under the screen to stop any dead air spots.
Peace.......Scrog

Lookin good man. Real full.

You asked about other people with something similar..
I'm doing a 2000w vertical scrog here. Not exactly the same thing, but it's a very large scrog.

If my screen were laid out flat it would measure 6 ft by 13 ft, but I'm only covering about 5 ft by 13 ft.
All that at about 22 inches from 2 1000w lights lol

I'm enjoying the show, and would really appreciate any tips on scrogging such a large area.

Tokesome

Mmm. . . Its been going through my mind to have some plants around the edge of my horizontal screen trained vertically to surround my horizontal screen with maybe 3 vertical screens. Has this been done anyone?
I guess it must have been done in a cupboard or the likes, but on a larger scale it could be freakin amazing! You`d have to build a frame of some sort to lay planks or something to crawl on to work from above, and ok I`m running before I can walk. . . . . but I wonder, stoned ramblings (I`m smoking honey oil!), or an idea for the future.

Toke ;-)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Toke, yeah ive seen a load of peeps doing it before, B.O.G style, Box of Green!
I dont quite think on the scale you are talking about though lol.
I cant see why not if everything was running smooth, enviromentals etc... G'Luck with it!
Peace.........Scrog'

haze_daze

Looking good Scrogerman, I'm watching this thread with great interest as I'm looking to do DP's 'The Ultimate' for my next grow, but there's hardly any info on this strain and cannot find a smoke report.

All I know that is it's a high yielder and supposedly very good quality smoke, but apart from that I know little else about this strain. The DP seeds that I've bought in the past have always delivered what they've promised and that's what appeals to me.

I've never done a scrog before but will be doing one once my Super Lemon Haze grow is finished in about five weeks :)

Good luck with your grow mate, the plants are lookin really sweet.

Scrogerman

Veteran
To Be Honest Bro believe it or not but The Ultimate dont like being Scroged all that much, She will Scrog, but it dont seem to like it. I can think of a few better strains to Scrog.
Peace......Scrog'

haze_daze

So The Ultimate would be better just grown naturally as they only grow to 75cm max I think?

I'd like to do a scrog, but if that's the case I will just grow them naturally as I'm really interested in this strain as 'high yield and connoisseur quality' really rings some bells for me.

Scrogerman

Veteran
IMO you'd be better off either traditional or partial LST, they did respond well to FIM too, i just noticed they didnt like the Scrog as well as other strain do!
Peace....Scrog

rocket high

Veteran
chronics good for scroging but a bit common ... takes a week or two too long for my liking ,but is a good strong multi brancher ;)

haze_daze

IMO you'd be better off either traditional or partial LST, they did respond well to FIM too, i just noticed they didnt like the Scrog as well as other strain do!
Peace....Scrog

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll probably FIM a few and LST a couple to test, and it saves a lot of work as well especially as I've not done a scrog before. I'll probably go for Coco in 2 pot Autopot modules.

Good luck with your grow buddy and I'll look forward to your smoke report :watchplant::smoker:

Tokesome

Hey Scroger, how long do you carry on training the plants into the flowering period on say a 9 weeker with average stretch qualities??

Thanks Toke

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Toke, it varies from strain to strain imvho'
A sound Guess would be something like 5-10 days for indica dom hybrid (maybe less),10-20 for Sati Hybrids & Sativas.
9 weeks with average stretch, i would guess an Indica Dom then hybrid, 5-10 days then. Its just a guess/approximation. I would say its best to get to know your strain. Guessing is shit! Dont try using too much of the stretch training through the screen with indica doms or ya gonna end up with poxy buds(popcorn).Ive seen some indica's that stunt if you even try scrogging the stretch period. You would want a little height above the screen before the switch with these types so all the training is dine before the switch to 12/12. Hybrids i would train for up to the first 12 days of 12/12, but it all depends bro'. You got to try to read each strain differently going from seed. Good Luck with it buddy'
Peace........Scrog'

Scrogerman

Veteran
Thanks for the 'heads-up' all you guys out there, Pics & Updates coming sooon!!!
Peace & Respect .............Scroger'

Tokesome

Hey Toke, it varies from strain to strain imvho'
A sound Guess would be something like 5-10 days for indica dom hybrid (maybe less),10-20 for Sati Hybrids & Sativas.
9 weeks with average stretch, i would guess an Indica Dom then hybrid, 5-10 days then. Its just a guess/approximation. I would say its best to get to know your strain. Guessing is shit! Dont try using too much of the stretch training through the screen with indica doms or ya gonna end up with poxy buds(popcorn).Ive seen some indica's that stunt if you even try scrogging the stretch period. You would want a little height above the screen before the switch with these types so all the training is dine before the switch to 12/12. Hybrids i would train for up to the first 12 days of 12/12, but it all depends bro'. You got to try to read each strain differently going from seed. Good Luck with it buddy'

Peace........Scrog'

Nice one mate, I`ve grown the strain in 3 times in the larger room, but not scroging, and 2 scrogs in the sq meter tent. Ive had issues which have made them over stretch and get all weak and bandy in my bigger room, hence all the upgrades I`ve done recently there, and in the tent scrog I`ve clearly been over doing the training, carrying on till most of the stretch had been done, I`d read various threads where people talk about filling the screen to 60/70% and then filling the remainder out through the stretch, and that`s what I set about doing, without checking out, I guess, whether it was sativa or indica dom strains.

I`ve seen the strain I`m using in two other grows and they are as you describe, a typical indica dominated strain. Wondering if I`ve already gone past the point of where I should be letting them go, day ten today. take a look at my latest pick if you get chance, the 3x2 (not quite) scrog. There are a couple of close ups amongst them, you may spot something.

Hope to see some more pics from yours soon.

Toke :biggrin:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Few More.

Few More.

LOL.......Wildthing!!!!!!! Bit of heat stress too, only 79f at canopy. I'm gonna move the 400w up to 18", its 15" now & its a little too much even with a fan pointed at it-it seems!

SkuNkWorX

NICE!

NICE!

Just as i suspected! Nice, its all comming together quite beautifully! keep doing what you are doing! I know things havent been as easy this time around, but i cant tell! Get r Done! I cant wait to see these fatten up. Good luck & keep things safe!
:dance013:............Peace, Skunk...........:dance013:

What future for them

What future for them

Hi Scrogerman

Got to ask your opinion now of added CFL light, how much blue CFL to HPS do you think needed and what about uvb?

I take it that GH Ripen is a planned part of the plant diet, have you played about with jasmonic acid with it? Just a idea that i am looking into

Looking good in there

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Guys,
Thanks Skunk!
Tel- That would all depend on stage of growth imo, it would vary on the mixed spec ratio's to stage of growth.
I'm currently investigating the use of added UVB too, A couple of editions back of Urban Gardener (Magazine) was dedicated to the use of UVB supplimental lighting, very interesting & imo, would increase THC production, so its worth looking into just for that fact.

I'm Using Grolux (Spectrum Enhanced/Adjusted) and 2700k Cfl's, ive got 1 6500k(125w)-Cfl too but aint managed to get it on as ive ran out of plugs at the moment.!
I'm running 1000w(enhanced spec)HPS 1 x 600w-(aircooled) + 1 x 400w, and 2 x 250w Cfl's (2700k).
So i got a 2 to 1 ratio & they absolutely love it dude. I really like supplimenting with Cfl's, its a great lumen boost on the outside edge furthest from the HPS's.

Ive used GH Ripen. You gotta be carefull what your doing with that stuff & make sure you give a good flush after use, or you may get a suspect mouthfull of sulfur when smoking ya buds. Its good stuff & has its place, but i wouldent use it unless i needed to finish off my crop in a real hurry, it does work well Ripen!
Not sure on the jasmonic & Ripen!(it's in Ripen is it not?) i'll check it out! What you got on it Tel!???
Thanks.........Be-Lucky......Peace...........Scroger.';)