What's new

'DP' 'The Ultimate' - 'NFT SCROG'

jm420

Veteran
Hey scroggerman,
just stoppin in ,get that other 600 yet?also what nutes r u using.Lets see a pic of that canopy.I'm curios on ur height ,I think I stopped training a little early.Im at 12 days with a canopy 6 inches above the screen.I'm hoping the desciption is rite that the initial stretch is 14 days.Keep the updates comming hate to see this thread die out.I noticed you spend some time in Amsterdam,,is that where you got your beans? To bad Ill never get there,Flying aint my thing

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Jm,
I Been to the Dam many many times and i use to live & work in the Hauge (Den-Haag).
But thats another story my friend.
No, the other 600 is on hold for this grow(big shame) But i may bang in another 250 super HPS and 500w of CFL, just waiting for my Co/D to get his shit together, so just a 600+400 Growlux for now. when my mate fixes himself up, only then we can rock!!!! maybe bang an LED in too, anything cool to suppliment basically!!
Vita-Link Max Nutes(hydrogarden), Cannazym, Canna Boost Accelerator, PK, Silicon +,superthrive, i always like using Ionic as a plant start for the first 3 wks - beacuse its better than any plant-start 'imo!, and you can use it i find for up to 4 wks(This stuff works very well with 'H2O2'), then i have to use a fert with a stronger N.P.K ratio !!
Your Screen sounds pretty cool(can i see a pic?) i like to let it stretch to about 12" or more on the first stretch, i think its better than having a carpet Scrog so to speak, as with long Cola's you can get better Air-Flow through your canopy!! Beans from Attitude!!

Pics-no probs-new ones in a week sorry!!

Their about 2 -3" above the screen now i cant take any pics till next wk now, as a mate has got my camera.
Peace.................Scroger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eggnog:

SkuNkWorX

lookin good scroger!...cant wait to see mine come together! Ill be looking forward to seeing new pics next week when u get your camera back.:elf:

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Nice clean set up!

Wish you the best in the next phase.

It'll be worth watching my man!

Craven_au

Hey Craven,
Nice Scrog dude,
I think i Remember UBen, Yeah Bummer about Xmas.
Is that an aqua Farm you are using there(home-made?)and a Recirc-cool as fuck. Whats the specifications of it dude??is that all hydroton clay-balls, or how are your pots made up? do you have a bubbler in the bottom of each one? etc??? how big are your lights? etc-etc
Thanks & Peace........ Scroger':eggnog:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147643

it's a diy drip system i have used six 40L tubs to make 3 pots 1 on top of the other what i did was to drill a lot of 5mm holes in the bottom of the top tub for drainage and connect the bottom tubs to rez with 1'' tube i was going to use a bubbler in the bottom tub but i don't think its necessary.
what u can't see is the 3'' rockwool slab just under a layer of hydroton then more hydroton for drainage. I found with the layer of rockwool there that it holds so much water i only need to feed ever 2 or 3 days i could do this by hand and may not even need the rez but it makes life ezy to have it there.

I feed them a 2 part Nutrient growth tech + Epsom salts 1tps per 50L. I keep the ph at 5.5 to 6 max the ppm is at 1100 for lights i have 2x400 hps air cooled light and a ceiling fan going 24/7 a hydro fan made for continues running not the cheep Barth room kind. i draw fresh air from under the house threw a filter to keep the bugs out.

happy growing.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Guys,

Skunk- Yeah dude them pic's will be up next wk!

Ojo- Thanks man, i think this is gonna be pretty interesting to watch!

Craven- Nice Rig fella,Thanks for the specs!!I'm looking at doing something similar myself just now. comparing similar set-ups to yours!
Also got a few design idea's of my own i'd like to try-out!

'Peace & Respect' People!,............Scroger' :eggnog:

S

spacecaser

This is the scrog dreams are made of!

Cant wait to see those fill out!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Guys,

Thanks for looking in & the kind words!
'Its gonna be interesting!! Pic's next wk!

'Peace' & 'Be-Lucky'..........Scroger'! :eggnog:

SkuNkWorX

stoppin by

stoppin by

just stoppin by to see how its going!...Not much changed huh? well, Hope all is well. Ill be waiting to see those new pics this week!.........:eggnog: Peace, Skunk

Scrogerman

Veteran
'The Ultimate' update 9+ Days of 12/12

'The Ultimate' update 9+ Days of 12/12

Hey Chaos thanks for checkin in bro'
Yeah that is what i was sort of aiming for, at least a controlled jungle anyway lol'
Thanks for the heads-up Skunk Peace bro'- heres a pic update for you guys that are interested!!

Well guys thats a weeks growth, not bad!! as there just starting to stretch out, i'm not expecting much of a stretch with all them indica looking genes, its a 50/50 indica/sativa. leaning on the indi side more(in stature & growth patterns), although theres definate slight differences in pheno, there aint much, apart from the usual Weak & Dom pheno ratio, 50-50 in this case.
'Anyway till next week,- Peace to all..!!!!!...........Scroger' :eggnog:

'I took shots of before & after tucking, think there a bit messed up now, but you can see the difference if you look'.

Roortokeage

Hey Scroge, i want to do scrog also. can you explain to me how? Or is it even worth doing with Autos. Looks great tooo. Didnt read much, what light are you using?? and nutes? THanks again

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Roor,
Thanks for looking in buddy!!!!!!
Theres loads of info on IC on how to 'Scrog', so try a search on it, as its far too much for me to explain & type 'lol', i'm sure you understand!
However, If there are any points that aint clear to you after you have looked it up, just PM me & i'd be very happy to help you out and go through things with you-Ok Buddy NP!!.

'Lights currently 1000w hps(1x600&1x400) and 500w of CFL Full Spectrum going in to suppliment, to get the space upto 50w per '2(square ft) where i want it to be, there going in over the next wkend!!
Nutes - Vita-Link Max' + Canna B/A +PK, +various supps/adds including potassium silicate!

Auto's would be difficult to fully scrog, but a partial Scrog is doable imo' & something ive been looking into for a while btw! I think any sort of LST on AF's has gotta improve there 'sometimes' dismall yields.

'Peace & Respect'............Scroger' :thanks:

S

spacecaser

I have a feeling this will look like a pack of green cigars staring up at you by the end lol.

Hey Im curious about the under-screen area. I would like to see what your stem network looks like under there. And how often/when do you need to trim under there? Will growth under-screen stop after canopy fills out?
Sorry for more noob Q's but Im trying to get individuals perspectives on the art of scrog.

I cant wait to see how these ladies do in the big boom!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Spacecaser,
Yeah fk'in big Green Cigars-im aiming for more like Feather Dusters LOL-CannaHavana'
I aint got any shots of under that screen, i'll see if i can rustle up a few for the next time i post some pics up ok buddy!
'Under the Screen, well, i usually start taking foliage from under the screen about 2 wk before, and upto 2 wk after 12/12 no more than 3 wk into bloom at the very latest. theres various reasons for this. All Growth under the Screen is useless and sees no light whatsoever by the time you are 3 wk into 12/12, most of it starts to die off anyway because of lack of light. you'll still get growth under there in terms of branching and shoots etc,which is just dead growth or Wasted Energy, but it all needs to be removed to help airflow and combat things like molds & Fungi etc! Once you have a good canopy up above, the foliage under the screen serves no purpose but to harbour thing like molds,& wasting energy that could be being used elsewhere-ie up above!
My tip to removing foliage under the screen would be:- Remove small amounts every few days, try not to remove large amounts of leaves & shoots all at once,- this will minimise stress.
Hope this Helps!
Be-Lucky....................Scroger' :eggnog:

Roortokeage

My question to you is, Can you scrog an AUto?? Should you??

Also what leaf set do you start the screen?? And then when do you pull them back thru??? If you can get me an undershot of your canopy that would be great.

I am new and want to learn scrog cuz you get more yeild from something small. Thanks

Scrogerman

Veteran
AF Scrog-I like it!!tis possible!

AF Scrog-I like it!!tis possible!

My question to you is, Can you scrog an AUto?? Should you??

Also what leaf set do you start the screen?? And then when do you pull them back thru??? If you can get me an undershot of your canopy that would be great.

I am new and want to learn scrog cuz you get more yeild from something small. Thanks

Yes' imo any form of training wheather partial or not is still training. Like i said before imo you could partially scrog an AF-Why Not!! LST or Scrog even though it may be partial will increase yield no question about it.!

To give an acurate anwser here i would have to know that particular plant. with an Auto' optimal screen height would be paramount. Some Af's are small while others i have seen will grow to 1.5m which i was quite surprised at.
the norm height for a screen seems to be 10"-12". I suppose its gonna wanna be be smaller to match the stature of that paticular AF. Remember one thing you gotta get under there to work etc, make it too tight & ya could make things difficult on ya self, 'too high & again problems filling any screen in, in the time with an AF' which is mostly non-exsistant. I think it would be all about knowing what your getting and timing if ya wanna scrog an AF, but yeah its doable.IMO!!!!(if it were me i'd go for 7-8" screen height for small auto's)

So moving on,.-on letting the tops through the screen and when to do it etc.
If you top ya plants your gonna have multiple branches let them all grow up through the screen(2"x2" holes) say 3-4" then pull each branch down through the same hole it grew up through(dont try weaving)& move the branch/ branches along to the next hole under the screen you want it to come up through, repeat this process untill you have say 70-90% of the screen full. Then switch/Flick to 12/12 light cycle, use first stretch in bloom phase to fill remaining % of your screen, then just let the tops grow up to bloom! The Screen would be 70% full for sati's and 80-90% full for indicas before you switch to 12/12 light cycle,for obvious reasons. If you dont TOP then just bend the single/merry stem under like you were LST'ing her, hope for some secondary branching to fill ya screen, thats a problem with a lot of AF's they aint too branchy sometimes, but ive seen plenty that are and are well 'SCROGABLE'lol. Pick genetics wisely for this task me thinks!
I'll put some pics up for you next week now sorry!

Hope this Helps.
Peace...............................Scroger' :eggnog: