What's new

Dozens more L.A. medical marijuana dispensaries ordered immediately closed

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Have you been diagnosed by a professional? I noticed the word usually and wonder if you're a psychologist or psychiatrist. Professionals are usually specific, given the circumstances. Psychologists specify tendency to disorder. Psychiatrists do the same, then determine specific treatment(s).

I get it you're happy. Maybe less-than to voice your concern.

I could get anti-anxiety i.e. Zanax, Valium etc. Or I could smoke weed. I'm not in a med state and a doctor has nothing to do with my choice of weed over pills.

Am I giving other, more serious conditions that medicate with mmj a bad name? Do you feel I'd be better treated with anti-anxiety pharmaceuticals?

Last edited:

onthaherb

i dont know much about mj laws but... in the article it says 'illegal mj dispensaries' - does this mean they were not licensed by the state OR they are licensed but the feds are making moves anyway? now if it is the later then are they sniping operations that have some grey activity going on or are they just taking numbers?

not in the scene but still like to know where we're at if you feel me

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The article specifies the reason. In fact, no mention of feds in the operation. I believe the city attorney's office denotes jurisdictional intervention, not federal.

We've seen at least one suggestion that the feds use jurisdictional coercion. Closer to how much coercion is involved. All from an article that pretty much specifies the level of law enforcement involved.

Based on the article, it appears that LA jurisdiction still calls the shots on who may open dispensaries and how many. Apparently ~201 Ds opened w/o waiting for drawing results. These businesses are subject to inquiry, not necessarily shut-down. The article even specifies the number and aspects of the businesses cooperating with LA inquiry.

Assuming reform eventually mimics or even qualifies for legal status, we're likely to still have regulation. The day that one may do whatever they feel regarding growing and or distributing weed isn't likely to happen from jurisdictional, state of fed perspective.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
anxiety... adhd... ocd... I feel there are ways to deal with those things without marijuana.. therapy, meditation, yoga maybe..

The fact that there are alternate remedies or therapies for a given condition in no way empowers you or anyone else to MANDATE any given course of therapy.

There are many solutions to UNCONSTITUTIONAL infringements on one's liberties; My preferred method is to point out the immorality and UNCONSTITUTIONALITY of the infringement to the offender. "Please don't bring your biased or valid opinion of your life to bare on my INDIVIDUAL choice." This works with open minded individuals that cherish their own liberties, but many others absorb less than a stone.

Well my long eared friend it is my hope that you suffer as little as possible in this life and if cannabis helps you in ANY way may your harvests be plentiful and continue for many decades to come.

:joint: