What's new

Dozens more L.A. medical marijuana dispensaries ordered immediately closed

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
There is a cool little map on the actual site (link below) that shows all the dispos to be closed.

Los Angeles city officials have widened their campaign against illegal medical marijuana dispensaries, warning an additional 60 stores that they must shut down immediately.

The new letters went out earlier this week about two weeks after the city attorney's office notified the operators and landlords of another 141 pot shops that they must close. The letters warn that the city could sue violators, seek financial penalties and “padlock the property.”

Asha Greenberg, the assistant city attorney who oversees the enforcement efforts, said that city employees checked every one of the newly notified locations to be certain the businesses were open.

“These were locations that we were unclear about,” she said. She added, however, that the office has not determined whether all those stores are selling marijuana.
The city’s letter asks for a response. So far, Greenberg said, the city attorney’s office has received information on two dozen locations. At 11, the dispensaries are closed. At six, owners said they were acting to close them. At another six, the dispensaries are still open. And at one site, the business has denied that it is a medical marijuana dispensary.

If the notified dispensaries do not close, the city attorney’s office will work with the police department to gather evidence that can be used in court proceedings to shut them down. Greenberg said she could not estimate how long that process would take.

The city has taken aim at any dispensary that did not register to participate in a lottery to choose 100 dispensaries that will be allowed to operate. The city clerk received 228 applications. The office is reviewing them to make sure they meet the qualifications for the drawing, which include having been in business since Sept. 14, 2007, and having at least one of the same operators.

Greenberg said it was not possible to know whether the city has now identified most of the illegal stores in Los Angeles. “I hear all the time that there are new ones opening and old ones reopening,” she said. “It will always be a moving a target.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-dispensaries-los-angeles-ordered-closed.html

L

longearedfriend

there are a lot of clubs in california wow

how easy is it to get a script

what kind of ailments do they give one out for

depression, anxiety, I know there are the big diseases for sure but im wondering if you can get one for migraines and small stuff

I got a list here
http://marijuanamedicine.com/all-ailments.html

really...

you can get a script for stuff like
obsessive compulsive disorder

tinnitus
hypertension

colorblindness

id really like someone to share some insight on this
http://marijuanamedicine.com/all-ailments.html

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Hi. Pls don't lump migraines in with "small stuff" (whatever that is).

Thanks, from a chronic migraine sufferer :tiphat:

Ya, migraines are no joke and should certainly not be considered "small".

That said, yes one of the things that piss lawmakers off in Cali is you can get a script for anything. In fact most doctors if you walk in and say you have no problem at all but think you could benefit from it, they will still give you a script.

L

longearedfriend

Hi. Pls don't lump migraines in with "small stuff" (whatever that is).

Thanks, from a chronic migraine sufferer :tiphat:

oh but now I looked back and...

I didnt say migraine was small stuff....

it was just an ailment that wasnt as severe as cancer, ms

in my country you couldnt dream of getting MMJ for migraines

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
oh so thats why your so mean sometimes

im sorry about that.. and thanks for pointing that out, I know that migraines are painful and bothersome..

in my mind... harder stuff was MS, cancer, stuff like that

so basically... anyone can get a script in california

dont worry i dont plan on moving lol

No, I don't have migraines, I just know people who do.

Lol "mean". We aren't in high school kid, this is a marijuana growing forum. If you can't handle the heat get out of the sun. You'd be just as harsh if you went through what I have.

L

longearedfriend

that wasnt directed at you

with an attitude like yours, im not surprised your life was hard

if I was you id stop playing the victim

and if it makes you feel good to talk down on others, then continue my friend !!

I dont think you must be very high in your own esteem if you feel the need to talk down on me..

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
County by county the hammer is starting to come down on some or all of the dispensary's in Calif.
My county plans on banning storefront dispensaries where marijuana and
marijuana-laced products are cultivated and sold but makes an exception for certain medical facilities such as acute- care hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and other state-regulated facilities identified in the state medical-marijuana program.
Where or when the dust settles nobody knows.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
One of the better articles to provide a little detail, at least as it materializes.

I hear migraines are pretty darn debilitating. Unknown timing makes it especially unpredictable. No offense to cancer and ms patients.

IMO, the more so-called legal consumers the better, so long as they're responsible. If my state qualified for stress... I'd be on board in a NY minute. Granted, more consumers means larger demand and possibly higher pricing. Good thing I'm growing more and buying less.:)

IMO as public opinion more openly accepts cannabis, society's view of mmj consumers and recreational weed consumers will blend. It won't matter so much the degree of condition, if at all. Imagine having to justify 5 o'clock martinis.

Uhhh... and two olives please.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
County by county the hammer is starting to come down on some or all of the dispensary's in Calif.

My county plans on banning storefront dispensaries where marijuana and marijuana-laced products are cultivated and sold but makes an exception for certain medical facilities such as acute- care hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and other state-regulated facilities identified in the state medical-marijuana program.

Where or when the dust settles nobody knows.

And ---> "You know Who" is behind it joe .

There's no better time for the Feds to push their agenda in defaming the Medical/Legalization/Ending Prohibiton movement than at a time when the average working class is angered about job loss, property loss & higher inflation & economic woes . Their ultimate agenda is to keep it Schedule I at all costs and the more they can inflame the average public with headlines of huge profits & inflated drug busts the better for them . They have jobs to keep & pensions to collect too..but more important they get to keep international , internal interagency & DOJ court powers maintaining the fallacy of Schedule 1 MJ laws .

(many instances in the world of selling "drugs for arms" deals going all the way back to the Vietnam Era & the Iran/ Contra arms scandal that President Reagan was forced to admit too )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair

In good economic "happy times" people are more disposed with free time & relaxed towards issues like these but tougher times of uncertainty creates alot of polarization & leaning towards conservatism . They know this & aren't wasting their time , though they're busy with a whole lot of other stages in the world ...the heroin , coccaine & meth sure make it thru OK .

(Just look at plentifulnesss & the rock bottom prices for those , thank you & good job DEA !)

Better to live in Cali than florida though , they love to publicize the misuse & too liberal prescribing meds now , leading to newer Bills being written up in states like Colo , Jersey etc . But medical or not ,a terribly failed Prohibition was always the core issue tho some may dispute or ignore that .

* Really intersting phenomina the last 6yrs in LA is major crime stats have unexplainably fallen dramatically each year , which goes against the expectation that higher unemployment , tough times would lead to rising crime rates

more peeps medicating ? ;)

Los Angeles crime rates plunge despite weak economy
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/24/local/la-me-crime24-2009dec24

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Well at least DEA has scheduled THC 3 for pharma. That's a start, anyway. It appears that states are reeling back their heretofore fledgling loopholes or participant exploitations in the mid to large growing and dispensary biz.

Not necessarily DEA. Everybody that proceeds w/o playing by the rules may negatively affect those that do it legally.

heavy sigh

we might as well rename the USA to "jack off incorporated"

trying to stop people from using vice(drugs) is like trying to control them jacking off....is that what you want the foundation of your society to be built on??

lol im done..im afraid if I have to hear any more about the damn drug war or deficit im gonna start hurting people

L

longearedfriend

The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.
Abraham Lincoln

I

In~Plain~Site

I wonder why they feel emboldened to do so?

Couldn't be that wishy-washy stance by the great O and his puppet, now could it?

Cali blew it when they shot 19 down :moon:

You get what you get :ying:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
the same guys that attempt to regulate the bedroom ain't the ones that promote general reform

in fact, they're typically opposed. for generations. nothing new here, other than the degree. as proponents, we're leaning hard against something passive proponents don't. passive advocacy doesn't help much.

even with strong public opinion, we'll have to deal with corporate interests. they'll try to cut into market share as much as it allows. even if that means we're more regulated than they are.

we ain't yet seen capitalism take their piece of the pie

the same guys that attempt to regulate the bedroom ain't the ones that promote general reform

in fact, they're typically opposed. for generations. nothing new here, other than the degree. as proponents, we're leaning hard against something passive proponents don't. passive advocacy doesn't help much.

even with strong public opinion, we'll have to deal with corporate interests. they'll try to cut into market share as much as it allows. even if that means we're more regulated than they are.

we ain't yet seen capitalism take their piece of the pie

thats why I love cannabis so much...its the only vice you can grow yourself and there by have the possibility to completely eliminate any and all middle men...love it

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I like your take, SacredTHCRtiual. I hope the livelihood you feel appropriate goes along with it, should you may.

I grow personal and don't do quite enough, lol. I can still appreciate your reasoning.

Latest posts

Latest posts