What's new

downsize this. 2x55W pl-l. original haze & more.

Garuda

Veteran
Hi LOOPbackline, tnx for your comment :) How do you do no N with Terra Flores? Don't they need the other nute components? I just transplanted a clone to 1l soil, hope this works better :) Nice strains you grew :)

Short Update on the situation: All 4 DFxDF#2 were males :( but I put the last G13xBW F2 and a OriHaze-clone in the flowering chamber yesterday. There are 2 Double Dutch #3 x Double Fun plus a Black Jack in vegging, 2 more DD#3xDF are germinating :) Its not very efficient at the moment I must admit but for a impressive run I first need some good clones ;)

Greetings,
Garuda.

L00Pbackline

Hey, i use Terra flores just for the first 4-6 weeks of flower. After that i just give pk13/14 for the rest of the flowertime. Don't worry N will be sufficiant if u use good soil, the plant just doesn't throw out so much new green all the time, but focuses more on the budding. And as i said, i hardly fertilize at all. Mostly it's just 1-2 feedings of Terra flores (1/4 - 1/2 of the recommended dosage ) and every 2-3 weeks 1/2 the minmal dosage of pk 13/14 (roughly 1ml on 10L of water).
If you should have N issues make some Comfrey- or stinging nettle-tea and feed that, but beware new shots will grow fast after that.
cheers

Garuda

Veteran
Tnx :) Maybe you could post some pics of your setup someday?

Pics of the curing weed:

(left: "More resinous" phenotype, right: "More bud" phenotype)

Greetings,
Garuda.

Garuda

Veteran
I just build 2/3 of my new 2x36W fixture:

I used the additional reflector of a cooltube I had laying around ;) I'll build the other part tomorrow, they'll be independently height adjustable but using one ballast only, hope I'll finish it up then you'll see :)

Greetings,
Garuda.

F

feral

nice fixture. love the compactness of it.
My baby still showing no flowers and it's been 3 weeks now of 11/13. I'll give it a few more since it's stretching some and bushing out so hopefully it will show soon.

Garuda

Veteran
Mission accomplished :D :

feral said:
My baby still showing no flowers and it's been 3 weeks now of 11/13. I'll give it a few more since it's stretching some and bushing out so hopefully it will show soon.
:D Keep us updated :) some pics would be nice ;)

Greetings,
Garuda.

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
hi what up garuda?

:)

bro im still following your whole thread

but i cant post a comment

everytime you genearate your informative updates

just want you to know that im still inn

:lurk: hans

Garuda

Veteran
Just played around with Sketchup again :D

Started it from scratch, this time its very accurate in dimensions. On the second pic you'll see the future: I plan to include the 23W CFL in the small space on the left, normally only used for drying. It is necessary because I want to flower males in there AND do vegging / cloning simultanously ;) Since this space was part of the lighttrap I'll have to add some lighttrap-stuff between this cab and veg ;)

@Hans: Thanks very much :jump::wave:

Greetings,
Garuda.

F

feral

Here ya go. God I wish it would do something. A female would be nice, but honestly I'm hoping for a male. All my plants I have growing are female and I would love to make a few crosses.
The following below are in my mama cab so the crosses would be:
Mandala #1 x O.Haze...that should be a kick a$$ plant
Warlock x O.haze
Blue moonshine x O.Haze....my baby is frosty as hell so this would be a nice cross too.
and maybe cross it with one of the Swaziskunks I got going.
This plant is extremely sensitive to both nutes and excessive water. I'm going to have to cut the nutes back even more and can only water when it's been bone dry for a couple of days otherwise it throws a 'temper tantrum'.

Garuda

Veteran
Cute :D looks healthy, nonetheless :) *thumbsup* Those crossings sound interesting indeed :)

Greetings,
Garuda.

maree

More Dulux L wiring queiries

More Dulux L wiring queiries

Hi Garuda - I hope you don't mind me posting this in your grow thread (I've stuck it over on the pl-l club thread too). You and someotherguy very speedily came to my aid when I asked a more general question regarding wiring my Osram Dulux L's to QTP-DL Quicktronic ballasts. I hope it's ok to badger you for more info.

Anyways, successfully wired lamps to ballast -I think! Used 1mm solid core stripped out of twin and earth lighting cable. Now I need to connect the ballast to the mains. I intend using the same cable, intact of course. Got two questions:

1. Which hole number - 1 or 2 does the live (brown in the UK) feed into and, by default, where does the neutral go (blue UK)?

2. The ballast states that there's no need to connect a functional earth but I was gonna cos I have an earth wire in the cable and I thought it might make the whole thing safer. Would I be doing any harm if I did?

Thanks in advance!

maree

Thought I might put the pic of the ballast up again so you can see what I'm blathering on about! You can just see the 2 black dots in the bottom left hand corner to indicate where the leads should go. Unfortunately, due to my limited brain power I don't recognise the symbols - accept the one for the earth on hole 4 and I don't need to use it!

Attachments

• osram_QTP-DL2x55.jpg
    osram_QTP-DL2x55.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 23

Garuda

Veteran
Hi maree,

no problem :) First, it doesn't matter which of pin 1 and 2 connect to (in this case for this ballast) since you can also easily switch directions on the plug. Second, I'd connect the earth, can't do any harm in worst case ;) and I hate loose cables hanging around :)

Greetings,
Garuda.

maree

Bleedin' 'ell! That were sharpish! Ok, so if I put the live in 1 and the neutral in 2 this is going to work fine?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this - makes life so much easier to have a reliable source of information!

Cheers mucka!

Garuda

Veteran
:D patient might be the case :).
The direction doesn't matter when it isn't declared I think. We have Schuko-plugs over here which you can plug in in both directions and I did this several times with my lights :). Since you can simply use adapters UK->Schuko it doesn't matter most of the time. The only place it matters is my selfmade fan-control. I build it by instruction but it says that it mustn't be connected the wrong way or it would blow the transformator :) Another case is my timer. When it is plugged in the wrong way, the lights are flickering a little bit the whole time when the timer is switched off.

Greetings,
Garuda.

maree

Hey - I had the same problem years (too many!) ago when I bought my first fan. Totally untutored in even the most basic of electronics and too paranoid to ask, I wired live and neutral incorrectly and burnt the motor out - almost literally. Since then I've been extremely cautious, wanting to double check everything!

Had to look up Schuko sockets and found this on Wiki:

"Schuko plugs and sockets are symmetric AC connectors. They can be mated in two ways, therefore live and neutral can arrive on either pin at the consuming device. As with most types of European sockets, Schuko sockets can accept europlugs. Schuko plugs are considered a very safe design when used with Schuko sockets but they can also mate with other sockets to give an unsafe result."

Not sure, but the problem for me - although good in a way - seems to be that these lamps are not being used widely in the UK for left-field applications, like growing and aquarium lighting, so no-one seems to be sure. I've written to the suppliers to check with them now and will post the info in the Pl-l club as it may help others - and possibly you won't have to field so many questions!

Anyway, just re-read your whole grow thread and have got to compliment you on the success you've had. I love all this experimentation and individuality by people, like yourself, just doing their own thing.

Noticed you were wondering how to lower Nitrogen in your feed. I guess you'll probably know, or have read on here, about general hydroponics Grow, Bloom and Micro. Just in case you haven't though, you might find them a good alternative. Being a 3 part nutrient, it allows you to alter the Ratios of NPK quite successfully. Many people on this forum advocate using it according to the "Lucas formula" to lower, but still maintain adequate, nitrogen levels and still provide high(er) amounts of other nutrients.

By the way, there was no need for that apology regarding your English at the beginning of the thread - it's excellent!

Keep on truckin'!

maree

Hi Garuda, just wanted to let you know that a member has posted an answer to my query in the PL-l club and say thanks for all the help and advice - you've been more than helpful.

Garuda

Veteran
You're welcome :) I wish you luck for your cab, hope we'll see some pics sooner or later :)

Some recent pics of my veg cab:

Greetings,
Garuda.

Latest posts

Latest posts