What's new

Double Thai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had any advice or input as far as selecting between plants/phenos. I popped 5 and all look healthy. Should I go with the nicest looking or clone all...how much variety is in this line?

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry

Hi Mr. Roseberry,

I would recommend you to take clones of all the parental plants you are working with and only decide which to keep when you try them after a bit of curing, many times the one with better growing traits is not the one that produces the flowers with better quality.

Koh Chang phenos are more lemony, better yielding with a kinder refreshing effect, while the Meo phenos have a more spindly flower structure, woodier spicier aromas and more electric colder caffeinic effect.

Best wishes with the selection!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I finnished a Double Thai run about 2 months ago from a 5 pack (Seedsman) I had 5 males.

I would have like a female but I was after pollen so it was bonus point time!

I'm running some Purple Haze/ Thai that I hit a couple of the lower branches with the pollen, also running a OG KushX Dbl Thai and a G13SknkX Dbl Thai.

Sounds good WaterDude,

It's a pitty you didn't get a female in your pack, but at least you had more males to choose from.

Please, keep us updated about the Double Thai crosses you have produced.
Best wishes!

jay sus

are these ever going to be re-released? i have ordered these from 3 retailers by now, all claim to have it on stock but don´t have them. i have read somewheres that tropical mix had D T at some point but if, when?

Dr.King

Veteran
are these ever going to be re-released? i have ordered these from 3 retailers by now, all claim to have it on stock but don´t have them. i have read somewheres that tropical mix had D T at some point but if, when?

Dubi will have to verify but I think they are no longer working on that and their Thai Stick. I was lucky enough to grab the last 25 DT I could find. Only Thai Stick I can find is on the bay and boutique. I don't really like having to print out orders and go through all that hassle plus I have to show my face in public which I dislike the most. I can't wait to run these lovely Double Thais outside but that isn't going to be for 2 years but atleast I have them which I couldn't be happier about :biggrin:. Hope others are having fun with their Double Thais.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Unfortunately we have no plans to release Double Thai in short term, the reproduction schedule is already full until 2017.

I'm playing lately with a new thai male from Chiang Mai area in north Thailand, it's a third thai, different to Koh Chang and Meo/Hmong Thai genetics included in Double Thai.

justabluez

Veteran
I see a few packs of Double Thai out there ready to be grabbed!!!!

I also grabbed a pack of Snowhigh Dragon's Fire (Lemon Thai X Burmese X Angola Red X Meao Thai X Purple Thai). Should be interesting!!!

Hoping for some input from dubi or someone experienced with the different phenos of double thai. I have 2 in flower right now. I gave them 3 weeks of 12/12 and have reduced it to 12.5/11.5 for a few days now. One plant has very defined and someone developed bud sites. Kind of quick from what I was expecting. The other is just throwing pistils. No where near the development of the other. Is one a meo leaning and the other the koh chang? Can I expect much difference in finishing times and smoke effects?

MostlyMe

Veteran
Hoping for some input from dubi or someone experienced with the different phenos of double thai. I have 2 in flower right now. I gave them 3 weeks of 12/12 and have reduced it to 12.5/11.5 for a few days now. One plant has very defined and someone developed bud sites. Kind of quick from what I was expecting. The other is just throwing pistils. No where near the development of the other. Is one a meo leaning and the other the koh chang? Can I expect much difference in finishing times and smoke effects?

I had five Double Thai females and they were very uniform in development under 11 on-13 off, although they turned out to be not quite the same in aroma and high.

help me please, i find the origines of the mama thai strain and i find nothing, if some one know the true lineages of this strain please answer ....THANKS FOR ALL

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi Mr Roseberry,

Double Thai and extreme tropical sativas mainly stretch in the first month-month and half of flowering, just defining the budsites in this early flowering stage. You will be able to recognize the different phenos when they are more advanced into flowering.

How are the aromas of the different expressions ?
If you have the chance to post some pics in flowering ...
it would help a lot to answer your questions.

Best regards

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Exciting News! Triple Thai?

:biggrin:

Hi ThaiBliss,

Sounds like a good plan! ;)

I would like to breed the new Thai Chiang Mai with Double Thai and other Thai hybrids but i won't be able to do it this year as i'm busy with other sativa reproductions.

The Chiang Mai mother is being pollinated as we speak with my favourite F4 Kali China parental plant, i think it will produce a great asian sativa/indica hybrid,
i bet the thai will still be very dominant, at least this has been my experience when doing Thai x indica F1 hybrids.

I've been stepping my double thais down in their light schedule. Everything was going good. They were at 13 hours dark, 11 light. When I took it down to 10.5, I started to see a lot of new growth like they were going into veg? I took it back to 11 hours. Any input or advice is appreciated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mr. Roseberry,

Did you feed them with high doses of Nitrogen or did you transplant them to a soil rich in N?

Hi Mr. Roseberry,

Did you feed them with high doses of Nitrogen or did you transplant them to a soil rich in N?

I grow in a no till organic style. They are in 15 gallon pots. The soil is the same soil that has been in the pots for well over 2 years now. I hardly ever feed anything. If anything its a kelp tea every now and then. I rely on the organic matter and the worms to keep everything thriving. They were planted in the pots as clones still in root plugs. One week of 18/6 then I started the step down on 1/20/16. They've been doing nicely until I took it to 13.5/10.5

Mr. Roseberry

jay sus

it´s very thai/se asian trait for plants to reflower, or revert back to vegging. apparent on hazes(real) too. might be stress related. my ph x thai did it, almost all my bagseed thais have too. usually i just cut the new growth away as it´s just stem and single calyxes, not bud per se. or if proper buds are already mature, just harvest it. my limited experience.

C

Cannabisso

Double Thai

picture.php

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
At the beginning of the year I will start all of my packs of Double Thai and Purple Haze to reproduce seeds for anyone whom are still looking for them. It should take me about 8 months total to veg, clone, flower, dry seeds and prepare them for shipping. This time next year :biggrin:. Hopefully I should have a good 1000 of each seed strain. I will also be doing many other projects.

Latest posts

Latest posts