What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Thai

P

ptg

Thanks ya all gentlemen!:tiphat:

some kind of introspective psychedelic experience? huh?
Words on!...even if no words could match the experience!:)

@ Rusty420,I hope you have a strategy to grow them because they're wild!And I wish you good luck man...you will need it...a call for a long journey just to win a so special reward!:clover:

Peace!

U

unthing

Great smokereport ptg, sounds like a great choice for those introspective weekend evenings. No party weed this one :) or maybe to some..

Rusty420

we have 5 dubthai an 1 destroyer fem pop so far, im nearly ready, strategy is simple, build a bigger room, mixed spectrum, grown from clone. Id like 2 cross the thai hybrid 2 flo while im at it. Ths time next year we wil be smoking them and tripping balls, inshallah.:↲

Thanks for the oppertunity charlie, dubi et crew.

RubbaDub

Just curious, would this Thai (or any pure Thai) finish at 12/12 indoors? I'm amazed how long PTG's took at 10/14.

Rusty420

on the equator its near 1212 all year round. 13hrs dark in 'winter' i think and 11 in summer..14.10 for flower is the way to go, id think they wd b 12foot high and stil going after a year if u us 12hr dark length. Dubi wil know. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello smokefrogg,

Our koh chang mother came from seeds collected directly in koh chang island. She takes 16-20 weeks to finish and as you said the high is very clear, creative and motivational, im glad to hear you are enjoying there with your plants.

these are beautiful, i'm looking to purchase a pack of these as well as a different seed co's thai

koh chang, i'm very interested in the mother's origins....i have been running one recently that is supposed to also be from koh chang, it takes 14 weeks to finish, is very up and clear and creative, the seed company i won't mention but it's name usually gets a lot of disrespect, i have a columbian gold from the same company that is surely not columbian gold (maaaybe a hybrid), their "koh chang" thai is really something though! so i'm just kind of wondering if anyone knows if there is some kind of relation to the koh chang thai used in the ace seeds double thai?

if this isn't proper to ask, i apologize and mean no disrespect..........*adds double thai to the shopping cart*

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High ptg :)

Thanks for your great report and feedback, so pleased to hear the double thai match our description and your expectations. Many SE asian sativas share this kind of citric aroma but i think the double thai hybrid has stronger potency than straight SE asian sativa landrace. So nice! I have enjoyed a lot reading your smoke report :smoke: You are right, smoking a good pure sativa like double thai could be a very psychedelic trippy experience, especially if your tolerance is low.

Thanks for share it, best pure tropical sativa grow i have had the pleasure to read lately, hope it motivates to other growers to experience more pure sativas.

Hello sativas aficionados!:wave:

The buds taste like they smell,something of a mix of catpiss,spice like curcuma and citrus/agrum.The smell is medium,as the taste.It reminds me vaguely the lao sativa i grown before,let's say they smell similarly.

Now the most important is the high...if you are a heavy smoker with a high tolerance you will find her to be exactly like the description,energetic at first then dreamy high with a long duration.

But if you are a light weight you will be blasted like never before...i will try to tell you a little story,a personal story.I did stop smoking cannabis this summer for some reasons.I quit for 2 months.

Then i started again,slowly,very slowly...smoking only a stick (one little leaf filled with pure weed) once a week,generaly sunday evening because it will blast me so much that i have to stay quiet at home...the stuff was so potent that each time i smoked a whole stick i ended like a zombie,clear minded but blasted,lost in my head...so low tolerance that actually i did need only 2 to 3 puff to feel the energetic effect only and not freak out...

After a month like that,i told myself next time i will smoke a bigger one,two leaf collage,double amount of pure weed,just to see what the effect will be...oh man,what i have done...the smoke was exquisite,my tolerance was a bit higher so i feel an energetic rush just as i finished the joint.5 mins later i did feel weird,my vision was distorded, like i was pushed back,this very strange feeling made the world different...I decided to go sit on the couch,high on tv...as soon as i sit myself,i feel my heart goes so fast i tought i would die,an up as you have with mushroom in fact...it stopped,my vision get more distorded,i had a lot of fun looking at tv,no matter the channel,could have been funeral advertising that i have found it funny.Suddenly,i feel sober and then the heartbeat comes again,stronger,really stronger...the tv became boring,and i was a bit anxious due to those heardbeat,so i look at the window to change my mind(still on the couch) and then visions started to come as the hearbeat slolwly disappear...i have a great panorama by my window,but i much say never i seen it like that...mountains became golden colored and i was jumping from one to another,just like a giant,my body was still there on the couch but i couldn't feel it,and i see myself almost flying behind those mountains...

Another strong heartbeat come and the vision stop.I feel like i was very very stoned,tired.It was 3 hours since i smoked.So i did go sleeping,and believe me the morning after i was still stoned...This was the first time i had this kind of effect using cannabis...I think it's comparable to mushroom trip but more enjoyable and with another kind of hallucinations.A true shaman weed.

So if you ask me,this strain is well worth the wait.Kudos to Ace seeds and Charlie Garcia to make such a gem available!

P.s: excuse my english:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just curious, would this Thai (or any pure Thai) finish at 12/12 indoors? I'm amazed how long PTG's took at 10/14.

Sorry RubbaDub, i think i missed your question.

Yes, pure thais flower indoors at 12/12 photoperiod, i'd recommend to start them from seed with a bit more hours (14/10) for at least 3 weeks, top them when ever is necessary, keep them in small pots ... then pass to 12/12 photoperiod, dont expect to see much flowering signs in the first 4-5 weeks, when she starts to form bud sites, then start to decrease the photoperiod, a bit but constantly till the end of flowering (10/14). Final repot around 2 month of flowering.

Rusty420

Hello Rusty,

Is this a Double Thai cross? Looks nice! :)

Yeah mi amigo, she smells strong very similar aroma stem rub to X18(maybe F13 x Oaxacan x X18 is dad??), this is from a solitary seed found in one of the DT girls from earlyer this year, due to problems in my life the grow took a dive around 5-6 weeks 12/12, all 10 dt girls dried up but didnt show any signs of sexual disfunction, they grew like weeds all day and night. one of the thinnest leaves ive ever seen.:) sorry i could not report properly but they were fantastic plants, not so hard to control, they were not 3 foot at finish in a small pot..:)

I did get another pack last month, and will not hesitate to grow them again...:yes:

P.s. All 10 dub thai were girls, and didnt flower any males from other lines in the room, although there were flo males around at the time of conception, i did miss the pollen if it was from them...also didnt find any male flowers when i cleaned the room, so guess the seeds produced are kosher Insh'allah, i found about 20 seeds in the room and have germed 7 of those this bieng one.:) Jah te bendiga!:rasta:

(
^^(these were seeds fathered by the same pollen, from flo and f13 girls.)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Rusty,

The Double Thai is a very tropical line and lproduces mostly females .... you need to plant a lot of seeds to have the chance to select between different good males. It is a fantastic thai line to cross with other fast flowering plants. Good luck on your breeding projects! :)

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Double Thai at day 120 of 11/13

Double Thai at day 120 of 11/13

Hey everyone here is one of my Double Thai seedlings at day 120 of bud. It has been under a combination of HPS and MH on a 11/13 light cycle. It could go a little longer in the future but I really want that energetic Sativa effect, so I am cutting it down now.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest, SoF. :)
120 days ~ 17 weeks- which isn't too bad for this strain. :biggrin:
From seed/clone?
Love to hear more about her- smell, smoke report, etc.

Cheers