What's new

double diesel/bubba kush recirc. drip 2k

highonmt

Veteran
NYC diesel X ECSD ; gifts from norcal. This cross was an accident; the story is a male plant was missed in a big patch of ECSD and pollinated another bunch of nyc diesel plants. Both parents were supposedly high yielding quality strains. A guy I know was gifted a bunch of beans and grew them out in a seriously ghetto rainforest style areo/dwc. The plants looked terrible; not because of gentics but because of the 90 degree water that stank like shit and old school fluorescent lamps. I chose four clones of the nicest, best smelling phenos.
My photo hosting sight freaked out and my pictures have disappeared from the first 2 pages here is a photo from days one,
100_3619-1.jpg

And from day 47.
100_3862.jpg

Time for another experiment in hydroponics. I enjoyed the dwc experience and will do a six bucket grow of a few kush strains when my buddy gets his clone situation figured in a few weeks. For now I'm growing the two bubba kush surviors of my aero cloner break down (my fault.) and 4 Diesels They were planted in the buckets three days ago and are already responding to the 1k mh. I'm not expecting anything too special but they were free and I am a sucker for free stuff...Lights are on 24hrs. Feeding on a cycle timer 10sec on 4min off 450ppm floranova grow at ph 5.5. My plan is to veg 25 days. The two on the right are the surviving bubba kush clones. the twiggs in the lower left bucket are bubba clones I have kept in the fridge just in case. I chucked them when my buddy who I got the strain from stopped over. He is going to give me a few more clones so no stress. HM
100_3619.JPG

highonmt

Veteran
Well it is day 7 and I'm still tweaking the water/dry cycle. I'm currently at 5sec on 3.5min off, 5sec on 3.5min off, 5 sec on 3.5 min off and 45min off ...repeat. I know it seems odd but This is because my timers are a 1sec-3.5 min on and off repeat cycle timer and a hydrofarm 15 min increment 24hr timer.I'm Running the two hooked together. The girls were on a 30min dry cycle but looked over watered. I'll tweak it a bit more but 3 of the four are really taking off now and showing lots of roots. I'll post pics this evening. I'm going to pic up a few clones today which have been in soil a few days so I'll clean em up and put them in the system tonight or tommorow. I'm getting 1 white widow,1 pure afgani and one bubb kush for mom duty. And if the droopy double diesel doesn't show roots today I'm going to get something else as well.
HM

highonmt

Veteran
Well one of the diesel clones was stuck in suspended animation so she got pulled....the bubba clones died very sad... But on a brighter note I've taken on a few more strains. One LA confidential, one blue moonshine, and one very weird little grapefruit diesel. It has leaves that are all crinkly looking. My buddy says he and another grower have both seen this and the plant just doesn't grow very fast...It is an experiment for sure but it came from a reputed norcal dispensary. top row left to right DD, DD, GD...lower row LA, DD, blue moonshine. I've been playing with the dry period, first 30sec on 30min off and they were slow so I dropped to 25sec on 45min off and they took off but when the roots dropped into the air the tips dried up and turned brown damn. Not too bad and only on two plants..but it sucks time for some hygrozyme. The one diesel in the middle is showing some nice hybrid vigor I'm hopeful it will be a keeper. lots of roots on the three diesels and the two new normal clones are looking great.Gd looks bad... but has some new growth that looks normal...ish. res temp is at 67-68F , 450ppm ph 5.3-5.5 which rises daily to 5.8ish The plants are all looking pretty good I'll slowly start upping the ppms as they grow...Cheers,
HM
100_3669.JPG

100_3668.JPG

I

igrohydro

Looking good,sad to hear some didnt make it,
I find while waiting for roots,cutting the bottom leaves in half help slow tranpiration an aids rooting.
They look great!
What you using in bloom,bulb wise?
All the best!

highonmt

Veteran
Well did a two day run to waste with hygrozyme 10ml/gal and all the dead root tips are gone:jump:. There was a light leak in one pot which is why there was some algae growing in the system. no root rot symtoms. I ran a strong bleach solution through the system and scrubbed all the buckets (no the plants were not in the system) I also moved the res. into the shade and covered it with mylar. The new clones are starting to grow and the diesels are starting to really take off can you find the clone with hybrid vigor? ?She is also the fruity smelling pheno the others have the classic fuel smell. she gets topped and cloned next week.The first pic is my new purple chronic mom.
100_3688.JPG
100_3689.JPG
100_3687.JPG

highonmt

Veteran
Day 20 pH 5.5 750ppm, still looking pretty good. I like the looks of the two big diesels. They both have nice fruity smells the big one really smells like pineapple! The smallest clone is now the second biggest diesel and is picking up steam she has a citrusy diesel smell. The third smells like fuel. The late arriving clones all have roots out of the pot now and are starting to grow.
100_3713.JPG

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I'm loving the diesel ! Nice square dwc u got there bro. Can't wait to see the grow in full effect nice work

I used those square bucket once, what I did was painted them and then wrapped them in reflectix to help keep the temps down, good luck with it, looks like a couple of the girls are responding well

highonmt

Veteran
I'm loving the diesel ! Nice square dwc u got there bro. Can't wait to see the grow in full effect nice work

Thanks for stopping by. No DWC this run I'm doing a continuous drip similar to Teresa's growing setup. I'm running a 160gph pump it's on the same cycle as the lights 18/6. The diesel clones are ten days ahead of the other three. Today I did some super cropping to keep the heights close. As soon as the blue moonshine and LA confidential get to 24" or so I'm going to clone for some moms and flip them. Cheers,
HM

100_3720.JPG

sanke

looks good! only thing I would say is instead of using tin foil paint the buckets white, tin foil will cause hot spots that will seriously burn your plants!

highonmt

Veteran
looks good! only thing I would say is instead of using tin foil paint the buckets white, tin foil will cause hot spots that will seriously burn your plants!

The silver stuff is metal repair tape to make the white buckets light proof. I have not noticed any problems with hot spots but thanks for the tip.
HM

highonmt

Veteran
Well near two weeks have slipped by so I thought I'd better get some pics. day 14 of 12/12 flora bloom at 1400ppm floralicious plus at 1ml per gal. total ppms 1500. ph is glued to 5.7-5.8. The three diesels have really stretched and are all about 4ft tall now. 1k hps and 1k mhThey are starting to smell nice and sour fruity...HM
100_3755.JPG

100_3756.JPG

100_3757.JPG

highonmt

Veteran
Day 25 of flower day 47 from clones. ph 5.7-6.0 1500ppm. The room is really looking nice now. The three diesels just exploded and are now 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet tall. They are starting to pack on some flowers now. Trichs are starting to develop. Here are a few pics. The grapefruit diesel would be nice in a pc case grow...HM

100_3765.JPG

100_3763.JPG

100_3764.JPG

100_3761.JPG

100_3762.JPG

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Wow dude they got huge. Sick I love the games have begun. Now it's bud growth from here on out. Nice out dude

highonmt

Veteran
Thanks man, they really rocked it in the stretch. 3-4ft of growth in 3 weeks gotta love that. The internodal distance is a bit higher than I'm used to but two of the three phenos look really good. The super big pheno is really sour fruity grapfruit/pineapple. The tall stretchier pheno in the back right of the photos is skunky diesel smelling and is getting really big buds.
HM
100_3766.JPG

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Looking nice bro..Damn, I miss hydro. Been using coco so long that I forgot about it. Looking at your pics make me wanna switch back..Looks like your gonna have a nice harvest<<<

OP

Latest posts

Latest posts