What's new

DONT THROW AWAY YOUR BAG SEEED

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
@33 degrees. I'm very impressed with your plants. Most people laugh at bagseed but I find it more interesting than the vast majority of what I see other people growing. I'm very glad you posted them. When I think of bagseed I think of our compressed stuff. Not bagseed of gdp or whatever. Those seeds like you grow are old long standing genetics not available anywhere else. So if you like the stuff you have make sure to keep it and breed with it, because the chances of ever finding stuff like it again is slim to none, and it gets replaced with dutch stuff more and more every year.

At any rate I'm with you 100% on your observation of seeds from bigger buds but I don't take it the way you mean.

You speak the wisdom of an old southern grower who knows a thing or two about brick. The main thing to assure you get good buds out of bagseed (aside from selection) is to pick your seeds out of large resinous buds. Not the seeds from the shake at the end of the bag, never pick all seeds out and drop them back in the same bag. You pick seeds directly out of large resinous buds and set them aside. That is the secret to turning Bobby Brown into sexy mexi.

But IMHO this doesn't have anything to do with the location of the bud on the plant, or amount of growth hormone contained in the top cola. It's simply about fields of weed. You can't see what the plant you are smoking looks like and it is a huge mistake to assume there is only one, or two, or even three plants in a single ounce much less a QP. A field of weed of literally thousands of different phenos with varying grades of quality are all eventually chopped, trimmed, mixed, and bricked together.

Without picking seeds from large resinous colas, you have NO guarantee that the loose seeds in your bag are anything worth your time. Most of them come from average plants in the field, and some of them are from runts. When you choose the large resinous colas you have a guarantee they are from the best mothers you had access to in what you bought.

You have no control on the fathers of any bagseed, but by choosing the buds the seeds come from you at least know something about the quality the mother produced. Picking seeds out of the shake of your bag or random crappy "popcorn" buds will leave in a truly blind crap shoot. And probably make you another guy who laughs at the quality of bagseed.

Regardless of why. Choosing seeds directly from the larger resinous buds of the bag does in fact increase your yield and quality. That is a tip every old school southern grower I've ever respected abides by. Try both and you'll do it too.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats how the outdoor has been done in my area for longer than I've been alive. You could not have said it better.

Bud Hi

last years bag seed-- this years " My Field of Dreams"

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 13

Allie

moz-screenshot.png
I was packing the bong one evening with medicine a college friend had brought over here in the far north US, thinking about how much more efficient it would be to grow my own when out popped a seed. And its growing. Hope it smokes as well as its seedy bitch mother did.
DSCF4107.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4107.jpg
    DSCF4107.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF4011.jpg
    DSCF4011.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
This is a bagseed grown from my buddies romulans

attachment.php

This is a bagseed from my buddies white widow cross
attachment.php

I think they hold their ground for sure.

Check this out

Check this out

I stumbled upon this thread just surfin, and its actually very useful also very cool too see everyones elses pics. Heres a few of mine grown under a 250w hps turned out nice. The bagseed was aquired in las vegas my only problem is their tendancy to herm compaired to other strains. Currently right now Im doing a cfl bagseed grow,click my sig peace:joint:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M

Marywanna

I gave a friend some seeds I have had for over 30 years. He is going to see what we get from them,hey you never know. Back in those days all pot had seeds,whether it was Acapulco Gold or Panama Red. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprized.

Sobekobe

well I was actually going to germ some bagseeds I got the other week from some mids that were covered in red hairs and looked the business under a microscope, and this thread sold me :)

Antoine Mack

Cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first called `fertig-joint-pflanze´(prerolled joint-plant):smoker:
i renamed her `nobodys d´aze´,because the strory is like that:
i bought a prerolled mix joint in a coffeeshop called Nobodys Place
in venlo.
in that joint,which i did not light,but opened,i found three seeds,
which led to this plant(one seed did not sprout,one was a male,
that died later).

meanwhile i discovered the weed kind of dieselish,but with a imho long flowering
time of 13 weeks.the smell/taste is something like grapefruit´n oil.the effect
is kind of relaxing,but a bit more on the sativa side,mostly a
good-mood-nice-vibe-kind of effect.

Last edited:

dj3hut1

these are clones from, what turned out to be, one of the best smokes ive ever had. beats out all the other name brands in the neighborhood that i know of. Great taste, great smoke. STICKY! outer leaves of a blunt stick to your finger making it hard to roll. got too over zealous cutting and didnt leave enough for a reveg. :wallbash: got some white russian, sensi star(F), Cheese(f), and some nepalese jam comin thru the mail to make up for it

peace

mad librettist

Veteran
Blue Burmese bagseed I've been growing for almost a year. Everything about it is easy, from the mom to scroging to hermie-proofness. This plant could care less about light leaks.

little plantlets

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

scrog

DSCF0013-1.jpg

DSCF0005-3.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts