What's new

DONT THROW AWAY YOUR BAG SEEED

G

Wow, some of the plants in this thread are truly amazing. I just found a bag of bagseeds that have been in my loft at least 11 years, so they are at least 12 years old, no idea what they might be, probably from imported weed, but I'm gonna try popping a few, see what I get. From the looks of them, they all came from the same batch of weed as they all look the same pretty much.

Tropical

I wonder if those seeds are still viable after all these years. How were they stored? What temperature? How much humidity? Come back and let us know how they fare. Good luck!

G

Tropical said:
I wonder if those seeds are still viable after all these years. How were they stored? What temperature? How much humidity? Come back and let us know how they fare. Good luck!

They were stored in a sealed plastic bag inside a metal box with very low humidity and temperatures between 10 and 20 celsius, this wasn't done deliberately, I was totally surprised when I found them, I have no recollection of them at all, so god knows what they are. 5 went into towels today as a tester. I'll keep ya updated. They are all nice and dark and look viable, only two pale ones. After having a second look at them, it's obvious that they are a mixed bunch, There are at least 3 distinct types, so I may well have 3 different strains in this lil baggie.

90sBagseed.jpg

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I've posted this before, but this was a bagseed I grew out from a bag of Florida "Krippie". Very Northern Lights like. Grown under a 400HPS in a C13 in Miracle Grow Potting Soil.

Bagseed is the shit.

YO! "The student shall become the master."

Peace!

EDIT:
This WAS my bagseed collection/seed collection.

BUT. I popped over 50 seeds and did a LOT of planting. Pun intended.

"You know you got this fantasy in your head about getting out of the life, and setting the corporate world on it's ear. What the F*UCK you gonna do? Except hustle!"

Last edited:

66buds

I have 3 girls that are at day 85 of 12/12, they are from bagseed I had recently found while unpacking a box of junk I had packed up back in 1995!!

yea 1995 and they all germed and were females, the sample I took at day 75 was a real blast from the past in both flavor and high.

I also have a pill bottle full of seeds from the mid 80's which have been stored in a similar fashion, I cant imagine any of those actually being viable but I'm thinking about trying them in october.

Tropical

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
[snip]
from a bag of Florida "Krippie".
[snip]

For those of you not familiar with Florida slang, Kriptonite used to be a strain in Florida back in the 80's. Now, all good bud here is called Krippie.

JayRoach I have some KB that looks crappier than what you grew, and I'm positive I'll get results like yours. Mine was encrusted with dark amber and golden trichs in the middle and just dekeifed on the outside. Great healthy/mature bean ratio and great confusing , couchlock, skunky pleasant high. Fruity/dank skunk aroma to it. I'm very happy I have beans from this batch and about 90 beans from a few previous should produce something 1/2 decent. SO def do as the thread title says and save your bagseed.

Stay chill,
SC

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Only bagseed I grew was from some mexi brick. Surprisingly didn't have any nanners and was actually half decent. Sorry bout the crappy pic. I was po back in the day for a decent cam LOL

Just got 3 beans off this lovely local. This stuff is insanely cheap for the quality of it. Total from this batch, over 140 beans and counting. Bound to be this pheno somewhere in there.

G

I have some seeds recently from some very good mids. Its sold cheap too. But out of one oz I only got 2 good seeds.