What's new

Donkey Kong

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Looking back at the pics and now the plants. I have some defoliation work to do! Dk can throw some massive fan leaves.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Looking back at the pics and now the plants. I have some defoliation work to do! Dk can throw some massive fan leaves.

Amen brotha. Just did the same thing yesterday. She is very low maintenance compared to other genetics, though.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Let's hope mine is not too squat. Having this be my first run with her it's still too early to tell though.

Too squat would only be limited to your personal preference of course. As you are seeing that's a lot of growth sites to direct energy. I have propped up shorter plants with buckets or cinder blocks to meet canopy with groups. Plants always seem to yield as much as the bigger ones when I do that. I know you got it handled MrTea!

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Amen brotha. Just did the same thing yesterday. She is very low maintenance compared to other genetics, though.

Low maintenance as far as ease of grow for sure! Notoriously the healthiest looking plant in my grow. Not sure about all these leaves right now haha. Glad there's a node for a bud with every leaf, otherwise I might be sad.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Notoriously the healthiest looking plant in my grow.

The Glue held that role down easily until I received a DK cut.

Not sure about all these leaves right now haha.

You're telling me...a day after untying my lady friend she got her panties all in a bundle, more like a knot. I had to die her back down. Did some supercropping in hopes of being able to untie her again in a week or so.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Donkey Kong

Back to the future!

@ abt 48 days of flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey MrGoodBudz, that DK is killing it right now :). Great job on that one. The frost and the stacking with the start of a few foxtails, that's just a great looking plant. Can't wait to it finish up. Take care 1

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
I don't know what is better as I have only smoked Dk. I have a real gg4 in very early flower looks like a great plant and pics I have seen in flower are beautiful. Dk is not like anything I have ever experienced even compared to the parents. She is simply a new animal of her own kind. Something special did happen here as I'm sure did occur with the Gg4. Only time and experience will truly give us the knowledge we need going forward with our endless journey to achieve the perfect strain. So if you have the DK and the gg4 let's get some feedback and comparisons on here..

Kant C Shyt made a great recommendation to cross the DK and GG4. I think he also loosely coined the name Ape Shit! Lol So we will see what the future brings us. Until then I'm sure lots of people will be loving DK and GG4 that come in contact with them. Happy growing and best vibes fellas!

-MGB

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
My Flo x GSC Forum male is about finished up in the isolation chamber... was probably gonna S-1 some Glue next.... depending on whether or not my MCD is a male of course... If so, he wins.

and I believe there is already an "ape shit"

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
If there is an Ape Shit already i'd still go ape shit for a GG#4/DK or DK/GG#4 cross but lets hope the name stays open :). The Glue and the DK are both some plants i'm sure anyone wouldn't mind having around and I hope I get to try some in the future at least. Take care 1

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Grape Ape x Gorilla Glue x Donkey Kong = ??????

Damn.

Gorilla Grape Kong. It will happen.....give me awhile. Chocolate Grape Banana would be an interesting flavor.

Last edited:

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
like anything I have ever experienced even compared to the parents. She is simply a new animal of her own kind. Something special did happen here as I'm sure did occur with the Gg4

You want a truly somewhat foolproof way of seeing which of the two plants performs better? Mix a complex mix of organic soil and put your plants in it with no cycling. The following is what happens next.
(except for the Glue is in a 5 gal and the Donkey Kong a 20 gal,, so maybe there has something to do with the amount of space for the roots to reach, idk)

Gorilla Glue #4

Instantly showed signs of deficiency, general unhappy nature. I don't blame her I put her in a harsh environment of soil, but she looks loads better than she did two weeks ago.
IMG_20140621_160917_426.jpg

IMG_20140621_161116_403.jpg

IMG_20140621_161132_629.jpg

And now the Donkey Kong. Same soil as the Glue, no cycling time. Healthiest plant I've ever seen in person. I can't believe I am growing this plantf. The main leads are so fukkin happy that all their newest fan leaves sit at 90 degree angles.

IMG_20140621_155609_322.jpg

IMG_20140621_160248_884.jpg

IMG_20140621_160446_037.jpg

IMG_20140621_160631_338.jpg

You tell me which plant is superior. I'm not dissing on the Glue, it's a great plant, but all my other plants got the same treatment as these two. Of the 4, GSC Forum wilted the worst, but has recovered faster than the glue. Glue was the 2nd worst, Mob Boss the 3rd followed by DK.

This plant is truly special, thank you GoodBudz for blessing me with such a remarkable trophy. I love her so much.

Last edited:

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
You want a truly somewhat foolproof way of seeing which of the two plants performs better? Mix a complex mix of organic soil and put your plants in it with no cycling. The following is what happens next.
(except for the Glue is in a 5 gal and the Donkey Kong a 20 gal,, so maybe there has something to do with the amount of space for the roots to reach, idk)

Gorilla Glue #4

Instantly showed signs of deficiency, general unhappy nature. I don't blame her I put her in a harsh environment of soil, but she looks loads better than she did two weeks ago.
View attachment 272348

View attachment 272349

View attachment 272350

And now the Donkey Kong. Same soil as the Glue, no cycling time. Healthiest plant I've ever seen in person. I can't believe I am growing this plantf. The main leads are so fukkin happy that all their newest fan leaves 90 degree angles.

View attachment 272351

View attachment 272352

View attachment 272353

View attachment 272354

You tell me which plant is superior. I'm not dissing on the Glue, it's a great plant, but all my other plants got the same treatment as these two. Of the 4, GSC Forum wilted the worst, but has recovered faster than the glue. Glue was the 2nd worst, Mob Boss the 3rd followed by DK.

This plant is truly special, thank you GoodBudz for blessing me at such a young age with such a remarkable trophy. I love her so much.

She clearly loves you MrTea! Keep up the great work and your updates are appreciated. :tiphat:

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
DK

DK

I have been crazy busy lately. Finally got to zen out a little this morning with the plants. I have not felt myself lately and kinda neglecting my ladies. Also didn't have light for 48hrs this last week due to an electrical project on my part. DK is forgiving.

Day 32ish 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Looks good man. glad youre finally gettin a second to breathe.... notice my bent-betty side branching on that clone... no topping.