What's new

Donkey Kong

Mikenite69

Veteran
My DK is coming along nicely. It's about 5 days I think into flip and she is loving life.

I plan to reverse a gorilla glue and forum so 2 of the donkey kongs branches can get the rub down.

I'll try to get some pictures up of my girl in the next couple of days.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
After about 14 days in flower room

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
The closer it gets to that light, the closer it gets to being flowered out

7cdd11ba4cb610cb866b_10.jpg

Its clone just got watered and repotted into some more nutritious soil.... Had to wait for a nutrient cycling batch of soil to finish aging... now its time to see what shes really got... this one ought to really take off... I use a stout mix.

7cdd11ba4cb610cb866b_11.jpg

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I did an alfalfa/aloe/coconut foliar that was a little strong the other day and a few leaves on a few strains got a lil crispy, but the new growth is poppin like crazy from the all the triacontanol in the alfalfa.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey MrGoodBudz, 2 weeks and looking good. How's the stretch on her? I remember you saying she was leggy. Will be waiting for you to toss up some more along the way.

Hey Seaf0ur, looks like you're rolling along also. Hope you get to flower her out soon. Ya'll take care 1

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
She is a funny plant. If left alone (no top, fim or lst) she grows identical to any "typical" OG or sour d. But a little manipulation with this girl and she will squat right out and stack mean nodes! I topped/fimmed this particular lady over 50x in veg. You can see the flowering growth tops made an attempt to stretch out on top of the bush. A little longer node spacing there. It will be interesting to see someone run a dk "natural" structure. Might be a little while because we got some bonsai experts in this thread having fun training the hell out of this strain ATM lol. I'll probably run a naturally structured DK next time to show off.

-MGB

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Been setting up the grow room and blowing fuses left and right (stressing the girls out in every way imaginable)and after moving plants in 115 degree hot bags from my apartment to here and all the other stress they've been through, I decided to do the (almost) unthinkable. Mixed up a batch of organic soil a week ago consisting of 3 liming agents, 25+ nutritional amendments, 13 compost sources (4 of those being different EWC sources), 7 trace mineral sources and about a dozen plants I added into the mix from around the new property. The very same day I transplanted my plants into this soil, no cycling whatsoever. 1 week later plants have doubled in size and have shown no sign shown of wilting, yellowing, etc. Trying to upload a pic of the DK, but I need a new cord!! argh.

I know this isn't an organic thread, but damn I have heard it's possible to put plants in "hot" (uncycled) soil, but haven't seen many people do it. I spent my entire tax return on gardening supplies this year. Much of that was the highest quality compost from around the country that I could find. Cannot believe my eyes; wish I could show you pics!!!

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Pics. DK 1 week into uncycled soil fed only water.

Attachments

• IMG_20140615_242757_201.jpg
    IMG_20140615_242757_201.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20140615_242609_164.jpg
    IMG_20140615_242609_164.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20140613_225923_146.jpg
    IMG_20140613_225923_146.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 12

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Yeah buddy! That's the bushiest DK I have ever seen. About 20 tops on that gal and less than 2ft tall! I can't wait for your flower cycle.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Yeah buddy! That's the bushiest DK I have ever seen. About 20 tops on that gal and less than 2ft tall! I can't wait for your flower cycle.

Me too! a 1k ballast kit is arriving in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully I can flower some of these girls in 1 week, but somethings telling me I might wait 2 weeks. Really wanting a lot of return on the DK, she's still smaller compared to a couple other gals.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
1 more pic! Untied her yesterday for the first time since I received her as a clone. She just hit 12" tall today.

Attachments

• IMG_20140615_111802_049.jpg
    IMG_20140615_111802_049.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Lol 12" tall and about 18" wide?

When growing in 10 sqft grow tents for years and overhead space is an issue one becomes quite skilled at plant training. Don't think I've ever not trained a plant down, but that might start changing now that I have a 7ft ceiling to work with. I just hate how slow they grow once one 1 lead becomes 20.

Last edited:

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Agreed. I usually super crop on the 4th node from clone on my Dk and then let them stretch for a couple weeks before I start FIM and pinching/bending to work my canopy. I have thought once or twice in the past that I had my DK too squat.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Agreed. I usually super crop on the 4th node from clone on my Dk and then let them stretch for a couple weeks before I start FIM and pinching/bending to work my canopy. I have thought once or twice in the past that I had my DK too squat.

Let's hope mine is not too squat. Having this be my first run with her it's still too early to tell though.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey MrGoodBudz, I can see the sugar starting to spread! Its still looking good in that HPS light. GL and take care 1