What's new

Doing IT outside, Geurilla style 2010

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I would move it away from your area just enough that your grow area cant be seen from it. Cause its gonna look unnatural for a pile out there composting. Needs sun too. Also, sometimes animals like to come play in compost piles. This is the first guerrilla journal I've followed really. I wish you didnt have to fence them off like that. If seen, thats gonna draw attention. A person not in the know could stand right next to a MJ plant and maybe not recognize it for MJ out in the wild, but a person would realize its grass a lot quicker if he is curious about the little fence cage in the first place. There is nothing you guys can spray or anything that wont keep critters away?

like i said, spot 1 and 2 are very inaccessible, no one in their right mind will chose that area to wander off the track, even if they have no idea about the ticks, getting to my spots involves climbing on all fours part of the way, i'm hanging on to bushes and small trees to pull myself up past some bits. so taking that into account, i'd imagine they will be safe.

will work on making a compost heap using the old leaves and the dirt under the leaves.

A lot of good info showing up on this thread . I`m against slug pellets when i found a couple of dead hedgehogs in my grounds so went totally organic & just use beer traps , i empty them daily coz theres always drowned little & fat bastards in there YIPPEE . Beer brewing is so simple & cheap you can make 25ltr anywhere at home & take a bottle out whenever you need it .

I`m sure it`s BackCountry that uses chicken wire for his anti deer cages around his plants & all he doe`s is chuck it in a fire for a little while & it discolours & knocks off the shine & vertually undetectable once the plants start to grow .

dagger . When we were fishing once we heard this almighty scream coz a mate of ours had peed on a cattle wire , funny thing was the following day while having another pee he got bit on the bell end by a mosquito & it came up the size of an apple & he walked like he`d shat himself for a week .

if you just pile some up say a good area but not too high 300mm or so or better still find a hollow or dip to fill in , you want the leaves as leafmould is 1 of the finest composts going it won`t show too much & pin it down with some green plastic bean/pea netting to stop it blowing away . By next spring it will have rotted right down & be fairly light so easy to carry a bagfull to your planting holes .

Stay green .

will get to work on that compost pile as soon as my other jobs are done out there. it would be a great help if i can produce some good compost earth to mix with the local soil.

i saw that thread with the guy using fire to blacken his chicken wire fence. i don't really have a place to make an out door fire unless i'm using a grill spot along the river, but there people would wonder what the hell i was doing with a roll of chicken fencing lol.

i also noticed an area where the soil looks like store bought black soil, will take some pics of it. was wondering if i can make use of it.

i made sure to buy ecological snail pellets, these things are safe for warmblooded animals. so birds and hedgehogs should be safe. i am worried about the frogs that might eat snails, but at least there are lots and lots of frogs around...

Damn MJB that dude shouldnt pee anywhere outdoors lmao ever again

roflmao, too true!

yeah weed still sells for 65 an 8th at some clubs here in oaksterdam, but the bow price is in the mid 3s.

on the street 40 an 8th is usually the most you can get. my younger homies doing the breakdown thing are having a way harder time than i had during my heyday.

those breaking down small and standing on the street are the idiots in my opinion. sooner or later they get taken down every time. it's too easy to film people in the street.

you guys are really lucky to still have relatively virgin lands to do guerilla on...here in california its super crowded and the rippers and cartel are always around teh corner. almost makes me wanna move to another state and give it a try

what a shame, the places with the best grow weather, has the worst types destroying the countryside. and don't even get me started on rippers, one of the lowest life forms on earth...

hi Yes4Prop215
you should just move state and do your thing ... you wont be dissapointed unless you get caught of course.. be careful and you wont ;)

that's the nice thing about guerrilla grows, as long as you don't leave and prints or other evidence leading to you, you should have a good chance of getting away with it, even if they do find it.

maybe you can find a state that's still ok for growing, where you can keep out of the way of any cartels and rippers.

You can always come on up to the frozen North lol lol where the bud is sweet and the ppl say eh... :dance013:Headband707

lol

Or, you could move out to the country in the Great State of Texas. I bought these 5 acres, with a big four bedroom house and a warehouse bigger than the four bedroom house, and a beautiful duck pond and the property is fenced in with a 6 foot cyclone fence. $125,000. Thats right. Try to buy that in Kalifornia. Also, we dont have a state income tax coming out of our checks and our state is running on a surplus. We have all the same problems that yall have out there in Kalifornia but we just vote differently out here.

sure, i like Texas policies mostly, but don't they have quite strict anti growing laws? sure is good weather for growing, you just have to have your own water source ideally. very nice touch having it fenced off like that, now you just need some hidden game cameras at the entry to your land, so you can immediately see if anyone is entering your property.

I do always have fun around the good ole boy I must admit bro definately good folk LOL LOL peace out Headband707:tiphat:

a party at your's tex lol

:dance013:

:tiphat:

Update from spot 3

this was just a quick visit, just before sundown. seems like they have settled in ok. but they don't seem to be getting much bigger. they have been there for 5 days now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this is what i believe is a deer feeder for the winter...

picture.php

as you can see, there are a lot less snail pellets around. some one is eating them.

peace out

rocket high

Veteran
mines have been out for three weeks now and there not that much bigger and they get light all day so you might be expecting too much from your little one's ....ive done the same lol

nobody in this country really care for deer apart from visitor attraction's and such like they seem to thrive wether it's a bad winter or not ..they must be more caring in your country..

MJBadger

Veteran
I meant by "make homes for them" leaving around some suitable bits and pieces in wet areas so the lazy gits make a new home there before heading out to trash your plants, checking under the seed tray or nearby rocks when you return often reveals the culprits....

I don`t know why i did`nt pick-up on chaos`s post . If you want a home for slugs where you can just pick them out & drown the little darlings in salt water use Grapefruit halfs , just the skins . Put them on the ground like little round houses & if needed add a bit of camo (natrual herbage) slugs can`t resist them & will happily feed inside the skins for ages .

Stay green .

ps , we started to call my old mate Apple End Steve & when asked why we called him that could`nt answer half the time for laughing .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
mines have been out for three weeks now and there not that much bigger and they get light all day so you might be expecting too much from your little one's ....ive done the same lol

nobody in this country really care for deer apart from visitor attraction's and such like they seem to thrive wether it's a bad winter or not ..they must be more caring in your country..

yeah you are surely right, i have toned down my expectations for this spot a bunch since planting them. if i could chop down a few surrounding trees, things would be much better light wise, but they are over 5 years old some of them maybe over 10, so i hesitate to cut them down just for me to grow a few seasonal plants. maybe i will climb up and trim the branches back that are in the way.

the winter here can get very cold and snow can cover all the natural food sources for deer. so when it's like that they help them by feeding. i think the town nearby is rather proud of even having the deer living in that area. they are even getting bears back in the mountains and wolves have also recently re appeared in the wilder parts. i still haven't seen any deer personally since i started this adventure.

We love our deer here. They taste really really good.

hehe they are tasty that's for sure. there are places where people do hunt the deer at certain times in certain numbers, but my woods is a protected area, i think a gun shot would be the quickest way to get all kinds of unwanted attention in this area.

I don`t know why i did`nt pick-up on chaos`s post . If you want a home for slugs where you can just pick them out & drown the little darlings in salt water use Grapefruit halfs , just the skins . Put them on the ground like little round houses & if needed add a bit of camo (natrual herbage) slugs can`t resist them & will happily feed inside the skins for ages .

Stay green .

ps , we started to call my old mate Apple End Steve & when asked why we called him that could`nt answer half the time for laughing .

nice tip, thanks. was thinking of the old fashioned beer in a container buried in the earth method too. i don't want to put salt on the earth, that will fuck up the local soil like crazy.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Or, you could move out to the country in the Great State of Texas. I bought these 5 acres, with a big four bedroom house and a warehouse bigger than the four bedroom house, and a beautiful duck pond and the property is fenced in with a 6 foot cyclone fence. $125,000. Thats right. Try to buy that in Kalifornia. Also, we dont have a state income tax coming out of our checks and our state is running on a surplus. We have all the same problems that yall have out there in Kalifornia but we just vote differently out here.

that sounds awesome man, for 125k thats a good deal. yea kalifornia is on some other ish, super expensive, super taxed, the only thing keeping me here is prop 215 and the relatively safety under state law.

would love to get out to texas and finally slap some 30 rounders into my AR, and take off that damn maglock, hehe..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
those breaking down small and standing on the street are the idiots in my opinion. sooner or later they get taken down every time. it's too easy to film people in the street.

what a shame, the places with the best grow weather, has the worst types destroying the countryside. and don't even get me started on rippers, one of the lowest life forms on earth...

that's the nice thing about guerrilla grows, as long as you don't leave and prints or other evidence leading to you, you should have a good chance of getting away with it, even if they do find it.

maybe you can find a state that's still ok for growing, where you can keep out of the way of any cartels and rippers.

[It

yea everyones gotta start somewhere though. maybe it would be better to just buy a small property somewhere and guerilla it on an adjacent property, and keep all grow supplies off site so the house is clean.

and yea rippers deserve every bullet i send into their body. rippers get their karma though, it will eventually come back to them.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey gm nice pics bro, I like the one looking down the cage. I forgot to ask what genetics they are and when you expect them to be finished? I am shit with outdoor grow info, what is the average grow time (inc veg) when growing outdo's?

Tex, don't forgot my invite to the party bro, never tried deer though :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yea everyones gotta start somewhere though. maybe it would be better to just buy a small property somewhere and guerilla it on an adjacent property, and keep all grow supplies off site so the house is clean.

and yea rippers deserve every bullet i send into their body. rippers get their karma though, it will eventually come back to them.

yeah man, everyone has to start some where that's true, but from personal experience amongst friends i can tell you that even for starters, selling on street corners is about the dumbest thing you could do next to being a Currier, those guys get the worst risks for the lowest pay. not saying selling small is dumb, just selling small on street corners. even buying on the street is risky with todays cctv cameras in every fucking place. that's what's so cool about growing your own, you don't have to go and deal with egoistical maniac dealers to get some bud.

dude i wish all your bullets sent at rippers god speed, lol. even just reading threads here about folks getting ripped gets me wound up. stealing anther mans work is bad enough, but stealing a mans cannabis plants is whole other level of evil. hang'em up by their balls on the nearest pub door.

That's a frisbee golf jawnt homie - not a deer feeder. Ain't nobody be feeding deer in the winter :dance:

gosh are you sure, i don't want to swear on it, but that's what i thought those things were for.....what the hell is a; "frisbee golf jawnt homie"? why do i feel a tugging on my leg :laughing:

Dont want to sound stupid but what the hell is that ???

look's like a bale feeder to me lol

rofl, fuck i'm glad i'm not the only one that didn't get the "frisbee golf jawnt homie" thing. so how does this bale feeder work, do they stick a bale of hay between those chains?

Hey gm nice pics bro, I like the one looking down the cage. I forgot to ask what genetics they are and when you expect them to be finished? I am shit with outdoor grow info, what is the average grow time (inc veg) when growing outdo's?

Tex, don't forgot my invite to the party bro, never tried deer though :D

you know i was wondering if anyone was gonna ask me what the hell i was growing lol. i gave a clue though with my album description. anyway it's called frisian dew, it was highly recommended to me as a good outdoor strain for my climatic conditions, that doesn't mold fast, but finishes quite early. now i see that a few others are also saying it's a good outdoor choice, so i'm optimistic. just should have begun the whole project earlier. the plants in spot 1 are much bigger even though they only had 2 weeks more time.

i'm guessing end of September should see them ready, as i say i was very late, specially with spot 3. i'm still planning to plant the other 5 seedlings i have vegging some place in the real countryside. we will look for a place with light all day and plant them quite close if we have to as they won't get very big in the remaining time, but i want to find a place right out where we can do things properly next year.

Hey man thats great, a bale feeder? lol He meant its a disc golf basket and it kinda looks like the fairway is half ass mowed. I do not know anything about your location but i would be careful. Disc golf was invented by the hippies and most disc golfers are stoners so hide them plants well man. Good luck with the grow.
GIG

liquidlight

Heya GaiusMarius ... a man for the people eh? :)

I'm growing some Frisian Dew fems this year:
frisian_dew_fems.jpg

In UK about 52 or 53 degrees latitude. So i'm keeping my eye on how other peoples frisians fare. Seems like a solid reliable plant to me.

yeah breakdowns on corners is a bad idea and I know everyone has to start somewhere but man out here its crazy, I got friends who can break down a zip gram by gram in a day reup from me and keep rollin, that was till I stopped flippin and started farmin. and grams were 20-25$ some were gettin as much as 30 a g, shocked me but in chicago I know places to get a bow for 1500 and helLA I can find em for 1500-1800 but honestly the transporting is a huge risk and not worth it when I know places locally for stock, but even they cant keep up with my network and I got tired of being blown up 24/7 for stuff I couldnt keep on the shelves at 475 a zip the half bow would be gone in 2 hours ... invested in farm now and I can relax and play xbox all day lmao, till the dog broke in and trashed my room and set the plants on fire... fucking rat terrier

plants look good though and definately beer the earth it likes it more than salt

apple end LMAO

Molson

^Yeah, maybe I should've been more specific lol. Definitely not pulling ya chain...

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. The area where I grow would make some people cringe and shake their heads. As long as you're grow is secluded, it should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much -- people wandering through that is.

There's "traces" of past human activity near my grown, trash and the like. But for somebody to stumble upon my patch, they'd have to be suicidal and enjoy thorns and stinging nettles up the ass. The one time I wore shorts to the grow I wanted to kill myself.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey man thats great, a bale feeder? lol He meant its a disc golf basket and it kinda looks like the fairway is half ass mowed. I do not know anything about your location but i would be careful. Disc golf was invented by the hippies and most disc golfers are stoners so hide them plants well man. Good luck with the grow.
GIG

LOL typical me, instead of looking at the words, i just assumed he must be joking. well i guess that makes more sense then the whole deer feeding lol. anyway it so happens that spot 1 and 2 are quite far away from this metal monstrosity. i'm positive no frisbee golfer is gonna go climbing up to spot 1 or 2. when it comes to spot 3 i also don't see those golfers coming close enough to find them, but i guess that's the unsafest spot so we'll just have to wait and see.

Heya GaiusMarius ... a man for the people eh? :)

I'm growing some Frisian Dew fems this year:
frisian_dew_fems.jpg

In UK about 52 or 53 degrees latitude. So i'm keeping my eye on how other peoples frisians fare. Seems like a solid reliable plant to me.

looks like some one studied heir history :)

man your FD is looking real good, really strong looking plants. great job you did with them.

yeah breakdowns on corners is a bad idea and I know everyone has to start somewhere but man out here its crazy, I got friends who can break down a zip gram by gram in a day reup from me and keep rollin, that was till I stopped flippin and started farmin. and grams were 20-25$ some were gettin as much as 30 a g, shocked me but in chicago I know places to get a bow for 1500 and helLA I can find em for 1500-1800 but honestly the transporting is a huge risk and not worth it when I know places locally for stock, but even they cant keep up with my network and I got tired of being blown up 24/7 for stuff I couldnt keep on the shelves at 475 a zip the half bow would be gone in 2 hours ... invested in farm now and I can relax and play xbox all day lmao, till the dog broke in and trashed my room and set the plants on fire... fucking rat terrier

plants look good though and definately beer the earth it likes it more than salt

apple end LMAO

yeah i will need to pass by spot 1 to make another fence, maybe i'll bring some beer along and set up some traps. but it looks like we are finished with wet weather so the snails should probably be less of a problem now?

Maybe that'll clear things up for you.

indeed it does, it makes things very clear :laughing:

live and learn eh? so i suppose this green path in the back of my pic will lead to the next one and so on?

^Yeah, maybe I should've been more specific lol. Definitely not pulling ya chain...

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. The area where I grow would make some people cringe and shake their heads. As long as you're grow is secluded, it should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much -- people wandering through that is.

There's "traces" of past human activity near my grown, trash and the like. But for somebody to stumble upon my patch, they'd have to be suicidal and enjoy thorns and stinging nettles up the ass. The one time I wore shorts to the grow I wanted to kill myself.

makes me laugh to think i thought you were kidding. but no i'm not too worried as my spots are not on the beaten tracks anyway and the forest even around spot 3 is too thick to allow any frisbee to fly through. i imagine they will mainly stay on and near their green paths throwing the frisbees right? thanks for the information.

peace out

THC123

Veteran
this was just a quick visit, just before sundown. seems like they have settled in ok. but they don't seem to be getting much bigger. they have been there for 5 days now.

hey GM , i think the one on spot 3 look real healthy , they have only been there 5 days , give them some times , in 10 days they'll take off , you have one month veg left approx

MJBadger

Veteran
Ain't nobody be feeding deer in the winter

That`s the only time of the year they are fed , starvation is geneally on the cards in a severe winter with deep snow . It`s done on a lot of Scottish estates by the keepers & a lot of National Parks like to look after their wildlife .

Only a bloody stoned hippy would come up with the idea of Frizbee golf , all that walking , what a waste of energy . Sane people get a dog that will catch it & bring it back .

gaiusmarius , i see your having trouble with the water carrying . I don`t know where you`ll find them but there are some large bladder type water carriers . Coz they are very flexible & kinda wrap around you when your carrying them in a rucksack they are a lot easier to carry than a rigid container . I think they are 20-25lt , i saw them mentioned on a thread here i while ago but can`t remember where i found it .

Stay green .