What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

doing a 6 pack...

Iowa Grown

This spring I spent a lot of time making seeds cause most of mine were getting close to 5 years old... Anyway, I figured I would test some of my new seeds, so this is what this grow is all about. So I will be growing from seeds and it will be an all organic grow using my own mix, my compost and most all my other soil amendments are from the sea...

What I will be growing...

92 Kali Mist

These seeds come from a real nice F6 gal that I cloned and then selfed. Her parents are a wonderful pair of 92 Kali Mist plants that I have played with for many years. I didn't get the parents as cuts, I actual got a couple of packs of seeds from cerebral in 1992 and found one nice frosty n' colorful male and a few really nice females in those packs. I love this strain... the seeming never ending trippy high found in its flowers is truly indescribable!

76 Bubble Gum #1

These are seeds from my Bubble Gum mama plant that I cloned and then selfed, 40 something years later she still pumps up some pretty flowers, and she is pretty darn potent too! My Bubble Gum mama n' papa come from cuts I got in the spring of 1976 in Carlton Iowa. Wow, how I came to be gifted those cuts is one crazy story!

72 Lambs Breath

I have never been able to find a decent Lambs Breath male to cross with my 72 Lambs Breath gal, but I have used her to make some really nice crosses through the years. Anyhow these seeds are a result of cloning and then selfing my 72 Lambs Breath mama that I got as a cut back in 1978. She comes from Hagley Gap, Jamaica, way up high on Blue Mountain Peak! This gal is difficult to grow indoors because when she flowers she will stretch n' grow to at least 5X the size she was at the flip, crazy! So the only way to control that when growing her indoors, is to top the top repeatedly, at least 3 times, then she will only stretch n' grow to a little over 3X the size she was at the flip.

76 Bubble Gum #3 (m) X 92 Kali Mist (f), (White Mist)

These seeds come from a F7 gal that I cloned and then selfed. This is one of favorite crosses. Its a nice stable cross that consistently grows the same flowers. This gal smell and tastes like hubba bubba groovy grape gum that sat in a bottle of 190 proof Everclear for a long-while. I just call her 'White Mist' cause when she is done curing her buds always look like they are covered in a sticky white powdery sugar.

76 Afghani (m) X 78 NL (f), (Afghani Lights)

Man... I have really abused my 78 NL gal through the years. Seriously, I have starved her nearly to death, and not just once, LoL! But she doesn't care, because every time I clone her, then throw her under the big light, and then cross her, she kicks out these beautiful babies that seem to produce flowers that are amazingly beautiful. I got my NL and Afghani cuts in 1980, they came from the Eugene Oregon area. Thank You Ned Lagin!

God Father OG (CHR) bud seed

Bought a qp of God Father OG (CHR) early last fall and I found one seed in a big bud I was cutting up , so I am finally going to grow it out n' clone it, then have it lab tested just to see what I got...

The grow...

I just put all the seeds in ziplock bags to start their germination. I will post an update once they have popped and I have placed them into solo cups. As a side note... as of right now I don't know if I will be using a 4/5/7 gallon cloth pot as my final pot, but my final pot will be one of those. I will be using my up-potting method, going from a solo cup to my final pot, using 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon, and 2 gallon plastic pots along the way! For lighting, I will be using either (1 / 2) depending on my final pot size, brand new 320w 928 chip Samsung LM301H 2700k - 3000K mixed board with added Samsung red / blue spectrum's on-baord, those wavelength include 450nm, 600nm, 660nm, 730nm. And for supplement (veg / flowering) lighting, I will be using some 2 foot T5HO(s), (2) ATI Coral Plus during (veg / flowering), and (2) Arcadia 16% UVB(s) which will be used only during flowering!

Have fun!!!

Iowa Grown

A picture of how bad I have tortured my 78 Northern Lights mama, LoL! She sits on a shelf in a upstairs hall way that doesn't ever get much light... And yeah I know I am terrible for doing that to her, but I am getting older, so forget things a lot more these days...

Attachments

• nl_mama.jpg
    nl_mama.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow. What in intriguing list of long lost genes! I'm tuned in for this thread! :lurk:
If you are ever short a kidney, let me know!!! :joint:

Welcome to IC!

dank.Frank

rolandomota

Veteran
Thank you Iowa grown.......Lambs breath I'm telling you guys it's lambs breath not �� bread but grassy lambs breath a Jamaican accent would sound like bread to us but that doesn't make sense like lambs breath and grassy smelling sativas

xerb

Hey Mr Iowa Grown, I've got a couple wrestler buddies coming to town for the big meet. I won't give you my buddies name, but he has more than a few Olympic Gold Medals...

I have heard of the legendary Iowa top soil being 4 feet thick, any chance of a tour?

Here is a little something you might like

Don't worry, I have papers and a lighter...XERB