What's new

Dogs acting strange(ly) today - May 1

C

Classyathome

High folks - humour me with this one...

My dog started acting really strange about an hour ago - shaking, hiding, refusing treats. Just like a thunderstorm, only no storm. Blue skies, beautiful day.

My son put out a query on his msn/whatever, asking his friends if any family pets were behaving differently. Several of his friends reporting same behaviour - all without his telling them specifics.

Anyone else notice this - North America, or other places?

Seismic activity? Coming storm? It's really strange...

Thoughts?

S

sparkjumper

My god my dog licked his own balls this morning,I think he's gay!

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Let's all just hope that it's not the supervolcano under Yellowstone getting ready to blow......

If that goes, say goodbye to the entire USA west of Kansas....and forget growing any food for a couple years......dust clouds will blot out der sun.

C

Classyathome

Let's all just hope that it's not the supervolcano under Yellowstone getting ready to blow......

If that goes, say goodbye to the entire USA west of Kansas....and forget growing any food for a couple years......dust clouds will blot out der sun.

Oddly enuff - that WAS one of the things that has flashed thru my alleged mind, along with recent seismic here in my city (3 in last 100 yrs).

My dog never misses a treat - and she wouldn't even lift her head from her hiding spot to sniff it.

Oh, and I'm in Ontario, so the west coast would be missed, but I'll be OK. (J/K)

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Low pressure and some rain and t storms passing thru Ontario...likely the weather...

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Low pressure and some rain and t storms passing thru Ontario...likely the weather...

Damn....see now you got me started KG.....I just pictured you doing the weather for my local station in your undies.

Disclaimer:
This post in no way represents any real life sutuation and is purely the demented, perverted (if not imaginative) mind of it's poster :nanana:

We're harmless KG's guy :D

My dogs been eye-ballin me all mornin' :moon:

L

LolaGal

It is a well known fact that animals can forecast seismic activity!

They say right before the San Fransisco earthquake (the big one) The dogs, cats, and milk cows all acted strangely. No milk from the cows, dogs cowering, etc.

Make sure your lights are fastened well! Don't want em crashing on your girls if you got em!

Let me know how this one turns out!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
I've had dogs act very strange before a quake as well.

Lets hope for the big one !!

S

sparkjumper

A lot of smart people were able to save themselves during the last big sunami because they watched the strange behaviour of the animals

ben ttech

may day ya know...
and the workers are soon to be free...

i think dogs sense their primary role as companions to man are DAYS numbered..

LOTS or grilling on holidays ya know...