What's new

Does stress cause hermies?????

Budley Doright

Veteran
in '00 i had a clone only stella blue's clones herm out due to light poison in her 9th 0r 10th gen of cuttings(digital timer failure)

in '05 i had several strains(nycd4,stella and derailed blues) all herm out before they died after 3 weeks w/o power after katrina..

your lack of experience with the subject at hand...

i have grown several hundred plant grows and can tell you with certainty.
================================================================

I find it at least a little interesting.....

you describe several hundred plant grows......

and have to go back to '00 for an example?????

That must mean it doesnt happen often doesnt it?????

Never from the beginning has I said it didnt happen......

but I do suggest it doesnt happen often.....

And in the cases reported for the most part.....

the plants were under extreme stress......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I dont care much because I know these sites are boys clubs......pals ...you know.....

Yeah, we know people who get ideas they can't present and take offense when they're not recognized as pioneers of new understanding.

There is one type of experience which I would take as pretty good proof......

Thats a sea of green that has some hermies only..... grown from a mother plant.....

:tumbleweed:

Thats about as good as it would getl.....

I get it. You fell off a cliff in mid thought and that's as good as it gets.

IMO, you're not very good at making a coherent hypothesis. I doubt many are editing your posts to see whether you've yet made a complete thought.

Budley Doright

Veteran
The really good thing about this thread and what is important is not the opinions of me or anyone.....

Its just for the sake of understanding....

You are welcome to interpret the experience of others how you wish since nothing can be proved......

Maybe someone has one now????

Let me know when someone posts a pertinent thread and has plants we are discussing.....

Pics would be great fun wouldnt they?????

Maybe we should just wait on conclusions until someone has some pics?????

Anyone????

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
in '00 i had a clone only stella blue's clones herm out due to light poison in her 9th 0r 10th gen of cuttings(digital timer failure)

in '05 i had several strains(nycd4,stella and derailed blues) all herm out before they died after 3 weeks w/o power after katrina..

your lack of experience with the subject at hand...

i have grown several hundred plant grows and can tell you with certainty.
================================================================

I find it at least a little interesting.....

you describe several hundred plant grows......

and have to go back to '00 for an example?????

That must mean it doesnt happen often doesnt it?????

Never from the beginning has I said it didnt happen......

but I do suggest it doesnt happen often.....

And in the cases reported for the most part.....

the plants were under extreme stress......

Having trouble with your structure? No two of your posts in this thread could possibly be discerned as related. Funny how you dissect my grammar yet ignore the message.

I say you got sloppy or something happened you didn't/couldn't identify but that too would be sloppy.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
pics of what?

who takes pics of hermies apart from newbies?

i have hundreds in my head of clones throwing balls due to stress sadly,,

stress = hermies

case closed

Budley Doright

Veteran
Having trouble with your structure? No two of your posts in this thread could possibly be discerned as related. Funny how you dissect my grammar yet ignore the message.

I say you got sloppy or something happened you didn't/couldn't identify but that too would be sloppy.

I have no idea wtf you are talking about......

Budley Doright

Veteran
pics of what?

who takes pics of hermies apart from newbies?

Exactly.....

someone suggested that newbies are the perfect folks to get hermies.....

So if anyone with pics has a nice sea of green with some plants hermie and some female.....'

that would be perfect......

Keep in mind we arent looking for hermies we are looking for a guy who has had a well loved mother and has now lost it.....

vastly more traumatic......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The really good thing about this thread and what is important is not the opinions of me or anyone.....

Its just for the sake of understanding....

You are welcome to interpret the experience of others how you wish since nothing can be proved......

Why don't you trot on over to the advanced science and botany forum and pass your wisdom to folks who will certainly open your eyes.

Maybe someone has one now????

What? An experience? I'm having one. This thread sucks.

Let me know when someone posts a pertinent thread and has plants we are discussing.....
Ok. Stick a conk shell up to your ear. When you stop hearing the ocean, check for response.

Pics would be great fun wouldnt they?????
At some point... you'd have to make one. A point that is.

Maybe we should just wait on conclusions until someone has some pics?????

Anyone????
How about you tie yours together with a story, preferably one that demonstrates your experience. After all, it's your thread and your opinion, albeit subjective.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Why don't you trot on over to the advanced science and botany forum and pass your wisdom to folks who will certainly open your eyes.

I specifically avoided that.... because I wanted to find out how often it happens to regular growers.....

INstead I get guys who want to speak for other growers.....

NOw that the thread is here.... lets see how long before someone has an active case that applies.......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I have no idea wtf you are talking about......

You know more than you're willing to admit. You think because your plant didn't herm early means your latter herms aren't stress related.

You have no basis to form your opinion and nobody's gonna do it for ya.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

I specifically avoided that.... because I wanted to find out how often it happens to regular growers.....

They are regular growers. They can send you on your way faster and that's why you're here.

INstead I get guys who want to speak for other growers.....
And you're just trolling your own thread. I'm pointing out you're having trouble making a point and dissing others' points (you asked for).
NOw that the thread is here.... lets see how long before someone has an active case that applies.......
Why don't you team up with Crush. His buds are very small, maybe your nanners will be small too.

Budley Doright

Veteran
You know more than you're willing to admit. You think because your plant didn't herm early means your latter herms aren't stress related.

You have no basis to form your opinion and nobody's gonna do it for ya.

You were making fun of me about my logic....

But your logic is funny.....

Why would I start this thread if I had problems with late hermies???

I have better things to do......

Budley Doright

Veteran
You have a guy pointing out have much trouble you have making a point, other than dissing others' points (you asked for) with a shiny new thread.

Thats a jumbled up mess isnt it?????

Its the good sentence thing again.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly.....

someone suggested that newbies are the perfect folks to get Hermie's.....

So if anyone with pics has a nice sea of green with some plants Hermie and some female.....'

that would be perfect......

Keep in mind we aren't looking for Hermie's we are looking for a guy who has had a well loved mother and has now lost it.....

vastly more traumatic......

WTF how is a newbie going to have a well loved mother lol. Your logic is flawed

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure but you said SOG did you not. The data you get from a newbie grower is probably not the most reliable is it.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
this thread is dumb,,

i could take 95/100 plants everyone of different genetics and make everyone either hermie or not hermie no problem,,,

i would stress the plants out to do it,,, so it would be stress that caused it,, almost everything can hermie,,,

Budley Doright

Veteran
Sure but you said SOG did you not. The data you get from a newbie grower is probably not the most reliable is it.

Right... this is a case where it would be easy to simply miss the male flowers.... then at some point see them......

The sea of green thing.....

is because if you can spot them on one plant....if you are looking at the others you should be able to find them there too....