What's new

does anyone here use an auto feeder system

autopotking

if you look at the pics the hoses are above the water line so you need to flush a lot to get rid of all the nasties you want out.

DeepFried

So with this mod you can now flush with water added manually to the top of the autopot with say a watering can and the run off will drain through a hose stuck through the grommet to drain into a container or straight to a drain pipe?

Is this new version available online anywhere? and if it is, does anyone have a link.
picture.php

This thread has been a great help in helping me to decide on a simple hydro system. Really like the low profile of the base which allows for taller plants in a low head room situation and the remote reservoir capability :yes:

dodo5678

So with this mod you can now flush with water added manually to the top of the autopot with say a watering can and the run off will drain through a hose stuck through the grommet to drain into a container or straight to a drain pipe?

Is this new version available online anywhere? and if it is, does anyone have a link.
picture.php

This thread has been a great help in helping me to decide on a simple hydro system. Really like the low profile of the base which allows for taller plants in a low head room situation and the remote reservoir capability :yes:

Welcome DeepFried! That is pretty much how i understand it. I have not seen the setup you pictured anywhere in the states. Only from Australia by the original creator of the smart-valve. I believe the following link should take you to his site/product page:

http://autopot.com.au/default.aspx?PageID=83e38d35-bdff-472c-b568-94a872187947

Glad we can be of help. IC MAg is an awesome place in general but has the most information i've personally seen in regards to coco and autopot setups so far.

-dodo :joint:

DeepFried

Thanks dodo, yeah they might take some time to get into distribution channels. I want to try them using Higromite http://www.higromite.com

from their website:
"HigromiteTM provides several advantages over expanded clay pebbles, coco, and rock wool. It's high in silica and has the best moisture retention & release on the market today. Completely reusable, the varied shapes of the rocks promote porosity, allowing more oxygen to reach the roots.

HigromiteTM provides the grower with much more precision in watering and management of nutrients. In side-by-side studies with with other growing mediums, plants grown in HigromiteTM exhibited more compact growth, improved stem length, quicker establishment, better bloom breaking, improved leaf expansion, better head size with shorter inter-nodal spacing, and an increased overall yield."

Anyone have experience using Hydroton/Higromite in autopots?

B

bongoie

picture.php

Yes that's Mk2 the original valves are blue , i have an autopot eight valve and eight tray set , Using compost and perlite it grow's a nice healthy plant // problem's i had was using biobizz grow feed , as it's so thick it made my resorvoir smell and look like a sewer .
Other option's for the smart valve are using a tray and feeding the tray with a single valve . A timed automatic valve helped controle this system .
Hope i'm not regurgitating whot was allready said .

dodo5678

Thanks dodo, yeah they might take some time to get into distribution channels. I want to try them using Higromite http://www.higromite.com

from their website:
"HigromiteTM provides several advantages over expanded clay pebbles, coco, and rock wool. It's high in silica and has the best moisture retention & release on the market today. Completely reusable, the varied shapes of the rocks promote porosity, allowing more oxygen to reach the roots.

HigromiteTM provides the grower with much more precision in watering and management of nutrients. In side-by-side studies with with other growing mediums, plants grown in HigromiteTM exhibited more compact growth, improved stem length, quicker establishment, better bloom breaking, improved leaf expansion, better head size with shorter inter-nodal spacing, and an increased overall yield."

Negative. Craven_au or autopotking may have had more experience with those mediums. Many years ago I did a grow with the little rockwool cubes. They are kind of the size of sugar cubes. Had really good success with that, but don't like the waste of rockwool cubes so many years later (now) decided to try coco this time around. This run i used 50/50 coco/perlite and about an inch of hydroton at the bottom with a root mat below that. hopefully i'll get some good results. i'd be curious to know more about Higromite, but i'm not sure they have it at my store.

dodo5678

Hmmm

Hmmm

Yes that's Mk2 the original valves are blue , i have an autopot eight valve and eight tray set , Using compost and perlite it grow's a nice healthy plant // problem's i had was using biobizz grow feed , as it's so thick it made my resorvoir smell and look like a sewer .
Other option's for the smart valve are using a tray and feeding the tray with a single valve . A timed automatic valve helped controle this system .
Hope i'm not regurgitating whot was allready said .

Hey bongoie. Really the blue ones were the original? I always thought the black ones where and the blue ones were the knock offs. Maybe autopotking & Craven_au can help clarify as i'm confused again. While Craven_au said i have the original from Jim, when i go to his site:

http://autopot.com.au/default.aspx?PageID=3256e3a9-5f1f-47b1-93d6-5fa256dd4711

He says that future garden stole the idea from him, but that is where i got my setup from! Future Garden. Anyway, i'm just confused and hope that people choose to support the real inventor as he is the one that deserves the credit.

Peace,

DeepFried

LOL... will the real autopot please stand up!.

It looks like http://autopot.com.au is the originator and has the real Smart Valve Mk2 which is black in color and has round pots only. The other sites
http://autopot.co.uk
www.autopot.com.my
either buy the Smart Valve Mk2 and incorporate them into their own designs or use a knock off or first generation Smart Valve and square buckets. Futuregarden looks like they sell the original round autopots.

The AutoPot Easy2Grow Systems sold by http://autopotgarden.com and others have a knock off called the aquavalve and also square pots.

Or maybe I am having a delusional grandeur..

Craven_au

Yes the first smart-valve Mk2 where Blue
the real smart valve look like this.

http://autopot.co.uk are a copes them ass holes made there copes blue just to confuse people.

Attachments

• Valves LAR (8).jpg
    Valves LAR (8).jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01379.jpg
    DSC01379.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01381.jpg
    DSC01381.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01384.jpg
    DSC01384.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 11

dodo5678

Yes the first smart-valve Mk2 where Blue
the real smart valve look like this.

ahh, good to know. i never seen a smart-valve in blue. anyway it's a shame that people have to rip Jim off. hopefully anyone reading this thread looking to buy an autopot will want to support the real inventor.

Is there anyone else using the autopots with coco/perlite 50/50 and h3ad's GH 6/9 formula? I'd be interested if they have made any adjustments and what their luck is with it. I really haven't see anyone but Johnny Chimpo using it and does not look like he's been on for a while :dunno:

thanks,

Craven_au

from their website:

Have not tried Higromite were can i get it looks good.

Hydroton is added by a lot of people to increase air ration u can use Hydroton by its self in the autopot just 5 or 6 inch deep.It can also be used with no media at all don't ask me how.

autopotking

i have spoken to Jim and currently there is no one in the US that is bringing in the new black pots but he is in the process of finding someone to import them he will send to anyone that wants them though just send him an email say that "autopotking" told you about them and he will ship direct to you.

mayorofthdesert

That sucks that I spent a bunch of money with the folks who ripped off this idea. I wish I had known, but they seemed legit. I will be sure in the future to recommend the originals & if I need any more myself it'll be the round ones.

autopotking

Jim is making an adjustable smart valve soon to be released which you can dial in the water line. Good for clone boxes or more frequent water change overs.

dodo5678

Jim is making an adjustable smart valve soon to be released which you can dial in the water line. Good for clone boxes or more frequent water change overs.

OH- gimme gimme gimme gimme! When? Where? How much? Sounds like a good add to me. Let us know when we can get a look.

Latest posts

Latest posts