What's new

does anyone here use an auto feeder system

autopotking

New to the board i have used all types of systems here and finally found a fully automated feeding/water system that seems to work great.

Last edited:

autopotking

yes this leave me a little more time with the kids, just wondering if there are any other systems used as the one i use i have not seen used here (although i think this is an AUS product) mostly.

Motsumi

I just set up an Autopot system that I purchased from a distributor out of New York (I live in Southern Ca. North San Diego County) I have kids too and was hoping the same...less time spent with the hydro-equipment........I would like to talk to you about it more. I am new to this sight, new grower and this is my first interaction with anyone on the IC
It would be nice to find somebody that uses/has used the autopots successfully to get some tips

hydr1

I run an r/o filter to a res with air stones and a submergible pump in it...that flows to a drip line system which waters all my pots when I flip a switch or can be set to a timer.

all materials can be bought at home depot for under a hundred bucks

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Tropf BLumat autowaterers, all the benefits of drip systems AND wick systems, without the hassle of pumps or timers. Gravity-fed ceramic cones so each plant can use as much, or as little water as it needs. You just set the overall moisture level in each pot and it will do the rest. If you automate your reservoir top-offs (see my sig) you can have a system that will keep itself fed and watered for WEEKS without intervention.

Top that! :)

T

theJointedOne

hey auto king and welcome to Icm.

Great thread. Seems this is a topic many people are getting into.

One design I am working on is to have 4 x 4 tables on rollers, each one has four 2x2 containers 20 inches high with dynarock granular size grow media filled 18 inches up.(this is a design which according to some dudes i just met that are Super big in the lighting world, wil give a pound a plant so 4 pounds a table. i know that sounds crazy but i guess there is a new development in lighting coming that allows almost zero heat and TONS of lumens ..we are hopefully going to be the testers of this new equipment but thats another thread...)

Each table would have a "quick" attach/release valve that will connect four drip feeders to a central resevoir. With 12 tables will be feeding a lot but thought the qiuick release valves would be cool cuz it is automated but the tables can be moved around/ configured if needed and can still be hooked up to be fed quite easily.

saving time is the goal, while still being able to give the attention the plants need

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no understanding how you can automate soil grows? every 3-5 days my plants get a different amount of nutrients depending on what I top fed of dry nutes, and the following week prior as to what there gonna get that week ( fulvic, humic, boost, EM-1.. ) . I have never understood how you can "automate a soil grow as you change with the plant, I have never seen the light how you can just dump in water and let it be, alsoI beleive most nutes want them in the soil a day after mixing ???

I can see hydro systems though, but I don't do salts. maybe that's why I don't see soil organics being able to be "automated" .

I also can't see someone not wanting to spend time with the plants while watering them, seems like a kid saying" I want that car" and not understanding everyhting that goes with it. even if I could build a machine to automate my plants I never would, as then the "soul" of the whole point your growing I feel would be lacking...

back back on topic, if you are doing hydro there are many systems that will automate your process depending on budget ( autodosers and the sort )

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, it's hard to do organic hydro nutes in a res, I've tried several times and the yield always paled in comparison to a good salt nute. I use 2 gallon bags of soil in my trays currently, and do flood and drain (recirc) with hydro nutes (AN Sensi.)

Works pretty well (click to embiggen)

hydr1

Tropf BLumat autowaterers, all the benefits of drip systems AND wick systems, without the hassle of pumps or timers. Gravity-fed ceramic cones so each plant can use as much, or as little water as it needs. You just set the overall moisture level in each pot and it will do the rest. If you automate your reservoir top-offs (see my sig) you can have a system that will keep itself fed and watered for WEEKS without intervention.

Top that! :)

I was researching these and thats why I made a drip system in the first place.....but would my nutes be able to pass through these ceramic cones and into the soil? would I need to just place my exit hose at the bottom of my res so gravity would force the water/nutes out?

hydr1

it would cost me almost 400 bucks to get these for my whole garden....FUCK!!! I want it though and thats the worse part...cause my dumb ass will buy them. It looks like I can just put them right in place of my drip emitters i have now....and I could prob keep my timer so that the pump tries to send water to them weather they are open (needing water) or not.

do they get clogged? do they ened to be cleaned....?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Actually the Blumat site sells 50-packs of waterers for $214 I think, not too bad. They don't push water through the cones, the cones act as a wick to tell the valve on top of the cone when to open and let water/ferts drip through it. Verrry slick. Yes, gravity fed from the bottom of your res, just needs to be higher than your pots. No pump should be installed on these, just gravity feed. The only thing is the end of the little drip hose outlet will sometimes get crusty if you use organic hydro nutes, but it just crumbles with a fingertip squeeze. Part of monthly maintenance.

But look at the bright side, no failed pump/timer/power failure is ever gonna kill a crop or a plant again, whoohoo! Those cones would pay for themselves in a year with all the dead water pumps I don't have to replace.

hydr1

Im running

Cns17 , liquid karma, calmag, carboload, floranectar

and i have adjustable drippers...which get clogged and I need to open them all the way then tighten them everyday...the canopy is getting huge and I cant see myself continuing to do this...I forsee problems and flaws...

Its done...Im on blumats site now....Ill need to buy a 50 pack and ten singles or somthing...it will eb worth it...now I can really travel and not trip...

I left my tiemr on last night...luckily the res had calmag, LK and was Phd before I left the room...it was flooded...so I cant feed for a day or two and I got an involantary light flush...FTW blumat...thanks again lazy...your lazy ass is gonna have me coastin through this next grow hahah

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hehe that's my goal brother, all of us sitting in our living rooms, smoking fat piles of herb instead of tending gardens, that can tend themselves! ;) There are a couple great threads here on IC on those too, just do a search.

dirtyshawa

was about to ask the same question. been thinking about diy but, really wanted a ready to go kit. i found thishttp://www.dripdepot.com/1431

anyone, know of any other kits?

autopotking

i run an Auotpot system as the designer is local to me and very knowledgeable (and has helped me heaps) i have been using it for a combo of organic and perlite/vermiculite mix and it works a treat as the plants decide when to get fed i have 60 different pots for all types of grows ill post some pics next

autopotking

This is the auto feeder/waterer

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 42

autopotking

This is organic soil (Dwarf lemon tree)with an auto pot smart dripper. This is in a bigger pot so as i can take it with me when i move. How cool will this be a movable lemon tree.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Latest posts