What's new

Do Your Pets Change When Ya Toke?

Helps Me

Hey:

I've noticed something interesting and is a definite pattern:

Whenever I partake, whatever animal I'm with (be it my own, cats or dogs or someone else's pet)

They become suddenly waaaay more affectionate, licking on ya much more and for longer time than when not partaking. Also wanting to be pet and snuggle more than usual.

Anyone else notice this with their (or around others') pets or is it just me?

What the F are you smokin? LOL
You sure it's not just you.. I kinda get affectionate when I smoke.. Ah lil licky too!
I JJ, sometimes I think animals jus like the aroma therapy much like we do, some don't scatter & hide.
Hell, I bet a turtle's even movin a lil faster !D

Oh, $HIT i forgot, once in a park I just smoke. This MOOSE did not like it or me laughing at it! DO NOT SMOKE BY MOOSE!

Helps Me

What the F are you smokin? LOL
You sure it's not just you.. I kinda get affectionate when I smoke.. Ah lil licky too!
I JJ, sometimes I think animals jus like the aroma therapy much like we do, some don't scatter & hide.
Hell, I bet a turtle's even movin a lil faster !D

Oh, $HIT i forgot, once in a park I just smoke. This MOOSE did not like it or me laughing at it! DO NOT SMOKE BY MOOSE!

Just smokin' reg weed, nothin' special. But my cat is ALL OVER ME whenever I smoke..

And I was at a friend's house and we lit up and afterwards, her dog was lickin' my face for ever and wouldn't quit, ya kno?

I tell ya, animals become all lovey-dovey whenever I partake, seriously! Weird, huh? Thought this happened with everyone.

And LOL about not smoking near Moose. I'll try to remember that next time I'm near any (which is like never, lol)

What'd the moose do, charge at ya?

There is some hypothesis floating about the counter culture that when using MDMA around dogs they can absorb the toxins you are sweating out by rubbing up against you and will "roll" with you. I doubt this is a very credible postulation, however, I have heard it from a number of different people while growing up. Thought it was pertinent to the topic at hand, but as far as blazing goes my dog seems way more affectionate when I'm stoned. This could perhaps be attributed to the fact that when in full much session mode I drop lots of food and she can play vacuum cleaner in those instances.

isit4.20yet

It could just be that your pet recognizes the mj aroma and knows that you are more receptive to the lovey-dovey when you're stoned. Just a thought.

My dog KNOWS when I open our jar!!! that SOB will come from downstairs and around the corner burning rubber across the hardwood floor to get into our room fast enough for the stems I tend to toss him........ FUCKIN STONER!!!!! lol

Masterlow

My dog KNOWS when I open our jar!!! that SOB will come from downstairs and around the corner burning rubber across the hardwood floor to get into our room fast enough for the stems I tend to toss him........ FUCKIN STONER!!!!! lol

lmao...
Yeah, my dog loves the weed itself, he'd eat a pound of it if i let him, but he doesn't like the smoke, i think it makes him sneeze a bit much.. lol

Tripp35

It could just be that your pet recognizes the mj aroma and knows that you are more receptive to the lovey-dovey when you're stoned. Just a thought.

This is along the lines of what I was going to say.
It is known that animals have heightened senses including possibly in the paranormal, they can (as I've observed) react in different ways to the emotions you're feeling. When we're high I would say we are indeed in a different mind set, most of the time a very positive one. It would make sense to say that animals can pick up on this change and respond accordingly, which would seem to be in an affectionate manner.

It also may have something to do with THC and their own receptors, as well. They could smell it long before we could, meaning that the molecules/chemicals travel much farther then when we know it's around, and this could have some impact on the animals, they are much smaller and I think it's safe to say that we don't know when they are starting to feel the effects. It's also safe to say that we can plainly tell when our animals are moderately-heavily under the influence of a substance.

Thoughts or opinions?

Edit: Where's my avatar?...
There it is, must have not been able to find the file any more since I had to restore it.
Times change and so do avatar's, I like this one better then my first one (Don't Panic it's Organic)
It is a bit small though, it reads "I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker" from Steve Miller's-The joker of course.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
My cat does not like smoke

But you know what triggers my cat to come to me?.......................eye contact

so if I am all smoked up, I will probably be easier to distract by the cats movement, thus he sees me looking at him, and will come over...

But my cat is no permitted on the furniture, so the amount of "lovin" the cat gets would be minimal

Tripp35

Point well taken, for the sake of discussion, how often would you make eye contact with your cat, would the number of times be significantly higher when you're high?
True enough that when you make eye contact a cat becomes much more interested in strutting over and pushing their ass end into your legs. However, I have also observed many times where eye contact alone is in no way enough to motivate the cat to come over in search of a scratching.
Adding to this, cats seem to be naturally very affectionate and I believe OP is regarding a state in which the animal would become more interesting in affection.

Please don't take this in an argumentative manner, my only interest in this case is knowledge, and as far as I can tell the only sure fire way to learn is trial and error. It is also a very interesting topic to me, since trying to find a thought process in my own animals, yes I'm trying to get into my animals heads.... Lol.

One time I ate some shrooms and my dog was staring me down from across the room. Of course, everyone was a cartoon and my husband grew horns too... hmmmmmmmm

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
my pitbull does not change he just watches the smoke rise and sometimes tries to get it.. He licks at the air... peace n pufs..

sackO

One of my dogs doesn't like it when I smoke, he's the smart sneaky one with a healed broken hock and probably could use some THC to help his pain. I made medicated gingerbread and he got them down from the table and unwrapped one, smelled it and walked away... this is where the other one comes in

My other dog is very neurotic, he is afraid of the floor, and has no self control and thinks he is a 70 lb lapdog. He loves it when I smoke, he tries to get on the couch with me and he sniffs the air when I smoke and snuggles me too much. He also can not get to where the gingerbread was without the other one getting it down and not liking it, due to the whole scared of the floor thing. But the gingerbread ended up o n the part of the floor he can walk on and is not scared of and he ate 10 peices, a few peices included the wrapping, as evidence in the vomit later on that night. After self medicating with 10 gingerbread peices, scared of floor dog was poured onto floor that he was scared of and could not stand up. He loves marijuana, where his biological cousin, does not like marijuana.

Who knows why one whould not like it over the other?

H

HippyJohnny

First dog might be a republican :dunno:

Sorry for posting to the thread...just noticed "Womens Forum" oops