What's new

Do you use a grinder?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I have a 4piece space case that i have had for close to three years. I grind every single bowl that I smoke and I prefer it that way. I like level, neat bowl that smoke uniformly.

How you all break up your weed?

Also, i have a dime in the weed trap that encourages pollen to pass screen into the bottom. i notice no ill effects on my chron, and i have plenty of pollen to top bowls with.

i have tried to get my father in law to use one (i even bought him one) but apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks. he prefers to break it up with his fingers and stuff his pipe.

i cant be the only person that grinds every bowl that is smoked

Danks2005

I'm old school. Scissors and pack of papers. I also chop it up when I use a pipe. I hate when people just shove a bud in the pipe, it never burns right. I try to stear clear of stinky sticky fingers as well.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
always.

forget what hes losing on his fingers, it burns so much smoother.

easier to roll a joint...

the 'crystal catchers' are bullshit. get a stashbox with a screen or go home.

I own all three size space cases. dont bother with the smallest, its fucking useless.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i exepcted overwhelmingly that everyone would use grinder

sort of stunned that people wouldnt use a grinder. mine is a house grinder, it doesnt travel with me unless i am taking the volcano with me, but shit...

its a necessity for me.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
fuck! i guess i'll just go home then...oh wait i am home!

grinder. it's hard to roll hooters with sticky stinkys, but to each his own!

Sour Deez

Of course, burns so much better that way. Only other option is scissors imo, you cant get the bud fine enough breaking it up with your fingers, and if you do, you are just finger fucking the shit out of it.

I was surprised how many people never used a grinder, they are amazed how perfectly ground the bud is, and its effortless.

O

OneTokeOver

I won't use the aluminum grinders after seeing shavings in my weed. I like the old school big Sweetleaf with pins.

cloudy01

Yea no doubt. Been using a grinder since I knew who mary was. I roll stealthy everywhere so I have the tiny ass kanastor. Fine ground bowls burn so much better in my chillum than any other breakdown method imo.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
i exepcted overwhelmingly that everyone would use grinder

sort of stunned that people wouldnt use a grinder. mine is a house grinder, it doesnt travel with me unless i am taking the volcano with me, but shit...

its a necessity for me.

Don't jump the gun on drawing conclusions, up to the point you posted what I'm replying to only four people responded. and of the ones who said no to the grinder 2 of them just use something different but they're still breaking up the weed like a grinder does more or less.

Me personally, I smoke joints mostly and while you don't have to grind the weed to smoke it in a joint it sure seems to burn better that way as opposed to just breaking it up with one's fingers.

Sour Deez

I won't use the aluminum grinders after seeing shavings in my weed. I like the old school big Sweetleaf with pins.

yea those cheapy grinders are no good. Teeth break off, shavings in the bud, no bueno. Invest in a titanium spacecase and you will never buy a grinder again.

AKDrifter

Absolutely a grinder is the only way to fly.

I have had a bunch , the wooden sweetleaf with pins, mendo mulcher, spacecase and a knock off space case. The only one I still use is the Spacecase, spendy but worth it.

It burns much better with grinding, and a pile of kief in the bottom of the grinder is always nice.

b8man

Veteran
Mostly grinder. But...

In a pipe it honestly tastes better if it's in larger chunks. The grinder seems to release a bit of that pungency of the bud - the first burst of flavor.

Give it a try.

gtgio

I've had the same run of the mill, small 2 piece steel grinder for like 2 years now, works okay.I usually grind it up and then put it into a little bowl or one of my plastic med containers and pinch out bowls from there. Sometimes I use a tiny dental brush to make sure I get all the keif.

I usually put little bits of nug in the bottom so when the bowl is cashed it snaps down like a popper. speaking of which, does anyone from out of ontario/quebec even know what a popper is?

For the uninformed - You pack a bowl with a bit of tobacco on the bottom, and put bud on top. I dont do this, I tried it once and I found the taste pretty gross.

A few weeks ago I was at a bong shop and I saw this credit-card size cheese grater style grinder, I had to give it a try. Works pretty well on cured dried buds, but my friends couldnt get it to work with some of theirs that was a bit fresher.

Natural

If I have my grinder on me, it gets used. If not, I carry a little multi-tool with scissors on it and cut up the bud.

Not to hijack your thread here; but does anyone else use a cigarette roller for joints or blunts?
I use them for joints pretty much every time and if I'm smoking a blunt, I pack the ground up bud in a king size cigarette roller, then dump the rolled up bud "stick" (forgive me for a lack of a better description) into an opened cigar and then roll the blunt up like normal. I'm talking about the cheap rollers in smokeshops that have 2 plastic rollers that have the vinyl type materal wrapped around the 2 plastic rollers... put in your smoke of choice, close, roll it a few times, insert paper, roll a few times, open, out pops a rolled smoke.

Passion99

i perosnaly think, that scissors are the best for grinding... you can feel the bud structure in your fingers and the smell.... mmmm... i like to have a little bit sticky fingers after rolling a joint:smoker: i have 2 or 3 grinders, 1 of them is made of PVC, others alluminium and they'r all lying in my tray... i rarely use them... scissors FTW :D

djonkoman

Veteran
a few years back I always used my fingers and couldn't imagine ever wanting it different.
started vaping and bought a grinder, haven't looked back since. also works a lot better for weed that isn't bonedry.
went trough 2 grinders so far, the first had the best(finest) grind, one half rolled into the canal while preparing to vape outdoor
2nd got stolen
the one I have beside me right now isn't actually mine, when my old one just got stolen I was telling that to friends, so if they ever saw it they could warn me(it seemed to be someone who knew where I kept my grinder, and the cellphone that was right next to the grinder was still there)
and one of them said I could borrow her grinder, wich is a few weeks ago now.

Latest posts

Latest posts