What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do You Think Medical Marijuana Should Be Legalized for Dogs?

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
he was old ,his displacia was really bad ,i just didnt want to put him down ,he was a smart loyal friend who watched over my children as his own,he never disagreed or refused the meds

Wolfsvixen

I too am needing help:thank you:, please pm me if anyone can think of anything. I have a 12 year old Manchester Terrier named who is currently in extreme pain due to multiple slipped discs in his neck. The vet has told me that it's just a matter of time and that I need to prepare myself. He's currently on Tramadol and a muscle relaxant. His dosage is the highest they can possibly give him due to his small size.

I understand that MMJ is controversial. I myself have used it for 2 years to help with the pain of extreme osteoarthritis. Two years ago at the age of 38 I could barely walk, the opioids my doctor was giving me weren't doing anything and my dose kept getting higher and higher. Now after 2 years of use I can walk nearly pain free and I feel so much better.

I know that for Tanuki time is running out, but I want the time he has left to be the best time. He only weighs 16 pounds I don't want to hurt him by giving him too much. I know how to make infused oils and I also have cannabutter. I have read that vaping can also be an option for dogs (balloon style) but really what is everyone's opinion on this? I don't want my best 4 legged friend to be in the excruciating pain he's in for what time he has left. But I'm very scared of the dosing. I've over medicated myself and it's not a fun place to be. I've scoured the net from one end to the other and I can find nothing about dosing, which makes sense as most vets are scared out of their minds to even suggest mmj for pets.

If anyone has any thoughts at all, I'd love to hear them

Thank you!:blowbubbles:

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I too am needing help:thank you:, please pm me if anyone can think of anything. I have a 12 year old Manchester Terrier named who is currently in extreme pain due to multiple slipped discs in his neck. The vet has told me that it's just a matter of time and that I need to prepare myself. He's currently on Tramadol and a muscle relaxant. His dosage is the highest they can possibly give him due to his small size.

I understand that MMJ is controversial. I myself have used it for 2 years to help with the pain of extreme osteoarthritis. Two years ago at the age of 38 I could barely walk, the opioids my doctor was giving me weren't doing anything and my dose kept getting higher and higher. Now after 2 years of use I can walk nearly pain free and I feel so much better.

I know that for Tanuki time is running out, but I want the time he has left to be the best time. He only weighs 16 pounds I don't want to hurt him by giving him too much. I know how to make infused oils and I also have cannabutter. I have read that vaping can also be an option for dogs (balloon style) but really what is everyone's opinion on this? I don't want my best 4 legged friend to be in the excruciating pain he's in for what time he has left. But I'm very scared of the dosing. I've over medicated myself and it's not a fun place to be. I've scoured the net from one end to the other and I can find nothing about dosing, which makes sense as most vets are scared out of their minds to even suggest mmj for pets.

Sorry to hear about you friend. In a few post earlier I explained the dosage for my dog. He's 90+ lbs and I gave him just 1/10th of a gram.
Maybe start with a tiny pinch of cannabis. I mixed it with a little coconut oil to activate the thc and other cannabinoids. If he likes it you could add a little more next time until you reach a dose thats giving him some releaf but not too powerful.
Good luck.

Wolfsvixen

We are going to try the cannabutter, small pieces at first until I can find what works. I'm spoiling him outrageously right now, he had a waffle (with the cannabutter) and half a piece of bacon a few minutes ago. MMJ saved my life and I'm hoping it can help improve his. How are you giving it to your dog? Edible? Nug? I'm open to trying pretty much anything if it will help him. I've even considered RSO.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are going to try the cannabutter, small pieces at first until I can find what works. I'm spoiling him outrageously right now, he had a waffle (with the cannabutter) and half a piece of bacon a few minutes ago. MMJ saved my life and I'm hoping it can help improve his. How are you giving it to your dog? Edible? Nug? I'm open to trying pretty much anything if it will help him. I've even considered RSO.

I'm definitely not an expert. I just take a nug and rub it in with the coconut oil,although I'm talking about a very very small nug.

I know that dogs organs process different chemicals differently than human organs do. So for that reason I used very small amounts,so I don't risk overwhelming him with potency. Although you may want potency if your dogs problem is sever and he's in extreme pain.

Do you have access to medical grade cannabis? What did you make the butter out of and what do you know about the butters potency?

Wolfsvixen

Yes, I have access to medical grade (redcard for 2 years now) What we used a bit ago is a cannabutter made by a company called "Beyond Mars", net weight 224 grams 200mg infused thc. He seems to be perking up a bit, but with him you never know. He can be ok one minute and the next crying in pain on his bed. He waxes and wanes and it hurts for me to see it. When I look at him though I don't see "please it's time for me to go" I see "please help me". I just don't think the tramadol was doing anything for him, but my vet, like most, cringes when you even mention mmj to him.

G

Guest 26753

Contact Veterinarian, Dr Doug Kramer, and get a copy of his new ebook "Sweet Serenity"

Sweet Serenity is the culmination of over 5 years of work and research by veterinarian Dr Douglas Kramer. This definitive guide outlines not only detailed glycerine tincture production but also clearly advises pet owners how to properly dose their animals with the optimal amount of medication. Step by Step instructions with high quality photographs ensure that anyone with no experience at all can quickly and easily produce herbal remedies using items commonly found in an ordinary household kitchen.

While we understand that the book in not cheap, it contains information that currently cannot be found anywhere else in the world. In addition, the proceeds will be used to help fund Dr. Kramer’s ongoing attempts to design and implement clinical research trials (and charity work). Please note that for liability purposes we were forced to remove all references to MM. However, its important to note that this book with teach you how to tincture almost any plant to potentially create thousands of safe, natural remedies for your pets!

Book Chapters:

Chapter 1: Overview – Why Tinctures are Ideal for Pets
Chapter 2: Materials, Ingredients & Quality Control
Chapter 3: Calculating Tincture Recipes
Chapter 4: Preparing the Tincture
Chapter 5: Suggested Dosing Protocol
Chapter 6: Medication Monitoring
Chapter 7: Factors Affecting Potency and Your Pet’s Response to the Tincture
Chapter 8: Cautions and Warnings
Chapter 9: Some Final Words of Advice
APPENDIX A: Resources

Available for immediate digital download in PDF format.

G

Guest 26753

Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity".

Sweet Serenity is the culmination of over 5 years of work and research by veterinarian Dr Douglas Kramer. This definitive guide outlines not only detailed glycerine tincture production but also clearly advises pet owners how to properly dose their animals with the optimal amount of medication. Step by Step instructions with high quality photographs ensure that anyone with no experience at all can quickly and easily produce herbal remedies using items commonly found in an ordinary household kitchen.

Book Chapters:

Chapter 1: Overview – Why Tinctures are Ideal for Pets
Chapter 2: Materials, Ingredients & Quality Control
Chapter 3: Calculating Tincture Recipes
Chapter 4: Preparing the Tincture
Chapter 5: Suggested Dosing Protocol
Chapter 6: Medication Monitoring
Chapter 7: Factors Affecting Potency and Your Pet’s Response to the Tincture
Chapter 8: Cautions and Warnings
Chapter 9: Some Final Words of Advice
APPENDIX A: Resources

Available for immediate digital download in PDF format.

I

izzywozzywizzy

My kind of people.keep it comeing as me dogs are oaps and will soon need this medication.thanks .

McNerdius

Heh... this thread title caught my eye and put a fresh spin on something i've told doctors for ages. I've been on things like heavy dose phenobarbital and similar as anticonvulsants in the past. The only reason they're commonplace for pets and animals is that they are cheap and animals can't say "this shit sucks ass and makes me feel like a zombie. i don't consent."

Absolutely no reason that natural compounds with proven, straightforward medical benefits shouldn't be available to any sick animal. Careful and responsible dosing, of course...

Grow4Flow

Oh wow Dr Doug Kramer died?

Young dude. No cause of death listed.

Strange, rest in peace

I know, it's a bummer, i was able to locate a close friend who was very happy to pass along his e-book to someone who was very motivated to continue making his recipe

blastfrompast

Veteran
My dog is 10yr old GSD...she has been medicating recreationaly for about 3yrs now....low doses to begin with...so she wouldn't freak out....
Now she will do a dab with me and be eager for it at that(she gets the exhale). She acts like a puppy for a bit, then usually sleeps around the house... Yup...she is a stoner

For her hips tho that have become a problem over the last 2yrs she gets 1/2-1/3 of medible....

Most people are good with 1 of my medibles....2 and your REALLY good...and 3 you green out. if that is any indication on dosage.

The dog weighs 80lbs...

Latest posts

Latest posts