ion

checkout a link..(i been there b4)...lotsa fun stuff, mail order only

amazing, followed by the number 1, followed by a dot,followed by com

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Don't Taze' me Bro!

Don't Taze' me Bro!

I'm sure that one could just Google "stun guns" for numerous purchase opportunities.
Tazer" is the brand name of the upgrade stun gun that shoots the wired darts.

Principles of operation

Electroshock weapon technology uses a temporary high-voltage low-current electrical discharge to override the body's muscle-triggering mechanisms. The recipient is immobilized via two metal probes connected via metal wires to the electroshock device. The recipient feels pain, and can be momentarily paralyzed while an electric current is being applied. It is reported that applying electroshock devices to more sensitive parts of the body is even more painful. The maximum effective areas for stun gun usage are upper shoulder, below the rib cage, and the upper hip. High voltages are used, but because most devices use a high frequency alternating current, the skin effect prevents a lethal amount of current from traveling into the body. The resulting "shock" is caused by muscles twitching uncontrollably, appearing as muscle spasms.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I used to carry a stun gun in my back pocket a couple a decades ago, it didn't have a safety and I got tired of it accidentally zappin' me in the ass when I sat down.
Beware that their are many crappy quality toy like Zappers available, a top quality one with a consistently fully charged lithium battery approaches almost being reliable enough to protect oneself in a potentially life threatening situation, me I know better.
Why just hang on real tight to it and hope it works, if not they get really, really pissed.
I had a bar bouncer friend that carried a cheap twenty US dollar one that he thought was the bees knees, but his usually had a weak battery from dickin' around/playing with it all the time, it didn't pan out for him, he ended getting beat up pretty bad and had his toy used against him.

Speaking of a stick in hand, Google "Kubaton" keyring for another self defense device/strategy that is highly effective and likely to be with you if needed. They are banned in many countries, but a sharpie pen/ magic marker will function as a substitute protection device.
The Kubotan is usually held in either an icepick grip (for hammerfist strikes) or forward grip (for stabbing and pressure point attacks).
Common uses include hardening the fist (fistload) for punching, attacking vulnerable parts of an assailant's body, and gaining leverage on an assailant's wrist, fingers and joints.
With keys attached, it can also function as a flailing weapon.
As a pressure point and pain compliance weapon it can attack any point a finger can, but with greater penetration because of the smaller surface area at the ends.
2158Kubaton.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan
Me, I'm too old and sick for most physical up close and personal type close contact self-defense strategies anymore, (except perhaps Kubaton...knife.)
For those in a non-felonious situation in those parts of the planet that doesn't ban civilian handgun ownership, imho, a state of the art, absolutely, positively, guaranteed to work protection device is a Glock pistol with glowing nightsights and an integrated "lasermax" laser, if kept clean, it is 99.99999% reliable, hell, even if its dirty.
Never say never, thus the fraction. :)

IMB :)

Last edited:
why a stun gun they are nothin but trouble????? first of all you need to be in arms length of the person or animal you are using it on!!!!DANGER!!!!!if i was in a fight and someone broke out some little hand stun gun their ass would be the new stun gun holster!!!!!!cheap stun guns are a joke you would have better luck with a car battery strapped to your back with jumper cables over your shoulder!!!!Buy bear spray that shoots 25+ft at least you have a chance if you miss and has better stopping power!!! they dont use stun guns on bears because they would eat you and your little shocker!!!ZAP ZAP ZAP

hamstring

Veteran
STB girl^^^^
Has some good advice in my opinion but to be fair I have a friend who teaches self-defense classes and he bought his GF one of these. I don’t think she needs it she could kick my ass but any who he teaches his students to follow the perp down to the ground with the stun gun pressed against them.

I agree with STB girl that’s too close for my liking I think mace is the way to go and gel mace for close quarters applications.

ddrew

Veteran
The ones with the wire lead connected to darts are nasty, and will drop you in a hurry from 20feet away.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
The ones with the wire lead connected to darts are nasty, and will drop you in a hurry from 20feet away.

:yeahthats

Seen the cops here drop a LARGE dude with one, he was able to fight it for a couple of seconds at most before it dropped him into a heap (I think he was on pcp or meth too).

They're pretty damn effective IMO, I sure wouldn't wanna get nailed with one! ;)

IMB, got one of those on my keychain, HIGHLY effective.

bushwakka

i'm in uk but have bought loads online, sell for a fortune over here, from 100,000- 900,000 volts, never been stopped in the mail, even ten at a time in a box if you want one just order it, i got them from germany quite a lot, they give you free pepper and cs gas as fe

ree gifts with them. much better than firearms imo but with less law problems if caught(p.s. the 900,000 are the ones to get btw!)Oh yea.nobody would send a taser to the uk for some reason)

S

Stoner Gardener

do you own a stun gun?

I've paid for many online & every one of them has been stopped by customs.
I asked my U.S. residing sibling to forward one of the many that I bought online.. (they agreed to forward it too), but their militarily brainwashed spouse vetoed the choice to send it to me.
Ironically, the U.S. Officer I'm alluding to instructs young recruits to fly into foreign villages and blanket bomb without question.

Classic Seeds

Veteran
i see a stun gun as pretty useless unless you got a high end multi dart model .me i preffer a more perminite solution if push comes to shove or as was said in the old west god made man but sam colt made them egual .the pistol fires multipull times and a 45 or 44 will stop a 500 lb crazy in his tracks .a stun gun will not pentrate heavy clothing and the little hand held touch ones are a joke a total waste of money

ddrew

Veteran
i see a stun gun as pretty useless unless you got a high end multi dart model
This is what my step dad got after his golden retriever was attacked by a pit bull out walking, and he wanted something to carry other then a gun that wasn't a toy.
I will have to ask the make and model of his, but the police recommended it to him, it has two sets of wire lead darts, so if you miss the first shot, you have another chance.
They had a video of a bull getting shot with one, dropped the thing right over on it's side instantly, that's what sold my step dad on it.
The thing is big, heavy, and not something I would ever want to get shot with.

Myself, I still prefer guns

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you own a stun gun?

have you tried this?

I have not tried it in a live situation, no. Thank goodness haha
But these were reccommended to me by my mentor... Hes been on the cover of a few different martial arts magazines over the years.

You can buy them over the counter pretty much wherever camping gear is sold for $50 a can. No paperwork no nothing.