What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you belive in love?

G

i'm a bit scurd to make myself so vounerable to a woman and her demands etc.... i get too attached too quickly and usually it ends up with me getting dumped rather quickly... i think my longest relationship only lasted 6 months, was a nice girl, extremely screwed up family tho heh.... couldn't even hardly get her to come out of her house.... anyway..... maybe there is such a thing maybe there isn't...... seems that i aint found it yet.

/a turns the sap off

THC

G

Hello,

I haven't been around much these days...

I will say again, I am not describing my problems here, just the way I see it.

I am reading a great book now. Genom, written by Matt Ridley. You can get more info by clicking the BRC link in my signature. The book looks in 23 of our genes and tells us about them. But not only that. [by now you must be thinking, Agnes, wtf are you talking about, this theard is about love??, but please read on :p] It tells you how the genom is built, what effect it has on us, how imporant it is, how sickness affects on gens and how gens affect on sickness... It is a must read! Those who will read it, will understand me, when I say, how unimportant we are. Everything living on earth.

One chromosomes (you have 23 in every cell), is long for 800 Bibles. 'We use' only 3% percent of it. Well, we are accualy not using DNA at all! DNA is using us. It is selfish, reproducting thing. We (bodys) are only medium for transfering DNA trough time. (Accualy DNA that can multipy without having to creat his own medium exists - read the book :))

If DNA could chose between long, secure, safe and nice or short, dangerus, lethal life with more chance of reproduction it would chose shorter one. We, our bodys are secondary meaning.

I've written 100 pages in a few words here. Anybody who is attracted to this topic should read this fascinating book.

Now finaly! Love. What love's got to do with DNA?
Some very simple animals (you can take one with only one cell for example - i dont know how they are called in English) doesnt feel love.

And you say, 'Hey! You can't say that'!!

Oh yes I can. How do we feel love? Hormones. (You can take Testosteron, just for example) Hormones come to your blood and that effects your mind, your brains, just like THC, but on another level :)

Now we look at the one cell animal. They dont have that kind of hormones. No, they are far more simpler and they do not feel love. They just carry selfish DNA to their limits. Their simple DNA ais far more developed in one way than us. Mediums multipy (mix DNA) many times an hour/day/week or so. They have been here far more longer. They DNA made so many copies, they can addapt much quicker than we can (for certian desiese). So technicaly that is that.

Now some will say soul. We have a soul. Medium has a soul.

Maybe.

I am not saying soul doesnt exists ( i feel it - but knowing humans body so good these days, I dont know why I belive it). Soul could fall in love.
Do monkeys have a soul?

Well, they have one chromosome more than we (humans 23 / monkeys 24 [yeeey! monkeys win!! ?? :p]). In history two monkey's chromosomes got together and we got one less. Saying monkeys doesnt have a soul, you are technicaly saying our soul is in every our cell, right in that huge glued together chromosome.

Now that is strange. If you say, we have a soul, monkey have to have a soul too, and if you say that, than EVERY LIVING THING should have a soul.

Well, here is where my doubt starts...

Sorry for my english again,

Agnes

G

Love............................just go with the feelings, let the emotions roll over you warming you to your soul.

I love being in love.

yes love ..love it is so easy to say & feel ...dont be shy , dont be afraid to sy to your best friend ,,hey man i love you ( even if he does look at you as a homosexual or maybe even give you a :bat:

love & motivation is in everyone ..just reach in & pull that shit out of you !

peace & love to all

G

I agree.......just reach in and pull it out................then spread it around

G

Love endures, it clings away
When asked to leave, it begs to stay

Like the perfect song at imperfect times
It's the way the chord's struck with the rhymes

mtnjohn

Veteran
pieceofmyheart said:
Love endures, it clings away
When asked to leave, it begs to stay

Like the perfect song at imperfect times
It's the way the chord's struck with the rhymes

sweet, just beautifull

G

A professor was giving a lecture on "Involuntary Muscular Contractions" to
first year medical students.

Realizing that this was not the most riveting subject the professor
decided to lighten the mood slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and said, "Do you know what
your asshole is doing while you're having an orgasm?"

She replied, "He's probably drinking beer at the bar with his friends." :D

G

:)

How you doing people? My emotions are getting healtier. I meditated quite a lot several months. I think that is one of the causes for feeling better.

There is an interesting movie out there, "What the bleep do we know". It says some words about emotions, abuse and that. How is that connected with our health. Ahh. Watch the movie if you have time.

I am nicley stoned from some marocco hashish and celebrating coming of new year.

I wish that everybody would have nice ending of the year and have lots of fun, success and pleasure in 2006.

:wave:

Agnes

Bonzo

Veteran
Glad your feelin good Agnes. Yes i have seen that film, it sure made me think, i liked it alot. I wish you the best in 2006.

have a great day

bONZ

G

The thread continues. As the sand in an hour glass...
Love? Believe? Real? So many different levels... it surely is the meat of humanity that seperates us from the rest of the organic structures on this earth. Does my dog love me? I could whoop his ass(I don't) and 10 minutes later, or right away, if I signaled him to come he would and be happy about it. Is that love? I don't know. Some people(abused) respond the same way. Is that love? I don't know. It's not my reality to make that judgement. In my reality it wouldn't be.
I think a lot of love(eros) is a biological confusion. The things we do for love.
I do not believe that love is a choice(this is ME). I believe that the behaviors associated with love are a choice that can lend itself to propagation of said feelings.
A choice, I think not. I've tried to love a few ladies that claimed love for me, once eros had left the room no amount of choosing to love that other person could affect the outcome. My chosen behavior on the other hand showes a different type of love. Respect for others and their feelings. It is odd to stand face to face with someone that declares love for you, that you thought you felt the same thing for, you look back and 'feel' nothing (eros again).
I hear this thing about 'Love God (Jesus) with all your heart' and all will be well when you reach the kingdom of heaven'. Man o man, what a promise! Who wouldn't want all to be well. I tried, and revisit often. Nothing. No feeling, except that catholic fear of shame, guilt, and eternal damnation for NOT feeling the love. I can't wish it to happen, it's not a choice for me, or it would be there. I'd love the ignorance of bliss.
Do I believe in love? Of course. Been there and would love to have it again, and next time, it will be better than the last time, because I chose to do the things that will make it better.

Nuf Said,
Woof

G

I think what most men don't understand is that women are responders on an emotional level.
Meaning that if a man treats a woman right, has consideration and respect and is loving toward her she is going to respond in kind.
On the other hand, if a man goes behind her back and fools around, treats her like shit, and in the worse case beats a woman, She also responds in kind.
One thing I can not figure out is why do women put up with the latter so long.
Is it hope that the man is going to change? I hate to tell those women who are holding out hope, those kinds of men aren't going to change.
A man can be sensitive to a woman's needs and still be a man. Meaning that a man can be attentive to his woman and not go towards the Metro-Sexual stereotype.

The biggest problem with Younger men, or those who refuse to grow up is that they think that it makes a man a man by the number of women he can keep.

The problem is that a lot of women go after those dangerous types. And that is what they get, someone who is dangerous. Be it physically, emotionally or just out of pure neglect. That person is dangerous to the woman's well being.

A sign that a woman should look at when seeing a man, is he trying to separate you from all contact with your family? If so, that man is more than likely a control freak and possibly abusive. Men who fool around on their wives or girlfriends will never change. They will promise the woman the world and say he will never do it again. Well that is utter and complete bullshit and they always do it again.

Well I know that women who are reading this, think well how can a man know how a woman thinks? Well it took me over 20 years and a failed marriage to figure it out, that I was fucking up. I was a neglectful husband. I was too worried about my job and making money. I didn't have time for my wife and kids at the time. Now I'm not saying that the failure of the marriage was all my fault, she did have a hand in it. But I often think if I had done things differently and been more attentive if the marriage would have lasted longer than the 10 years that it did.

Advice to men who date women who have kids.
Never, but Never get between the woman and her kids. You will lose each and every time. Believe it or not No matter how much you may love that woman or she loves you, you are always going to be number two in here life. Get over it.

Latest posts

Latest posts