Votes: 26 51.0%
  • no

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
So Cal...I see people here where I live with So Cal Stickers on their rides..kinda funny in a way..CO peeps trying to be CA homies...heh heh... :)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Just judging by recent polls...

I would say yes to both because I've seen evidence to aliens.

It seems off topic but there are currently both polls near the top of the thread stack.

The discrepancy astounded me but then again a lot of behavior does :D

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
all righty then....
thread cleaned....
leave the Gay bashing out of it....
Re-zoom U'r paranormal conspiracy.... plz

S

SeaMaiden

MAN! I always miss the good shit.

Dawkins is certainly divisive, if nothing else, isn't he?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I have knowledge that this movie is not entirely about science rather a merging between science and religion, which makes it a blockbuster, BECAUSE, traditionally religion and science have been seperated. And most athiests don't care, while knostics only care about half way, scientists do care as well as the Vatican cares. And now we know Xbox 360 does not care.

Peace

Science and Religion have never been mutually exclusive.

In fact, Science was born out of the minds of deep believers, who wished to understand the languague in which God had created the Universe.

thus, Dawkins fails miserably by trying to refute Religion using his misunderstanding of science, and ends up being a champion of Scientism, and having a following of not too bright people.

on the other hand, you have the authors of 'what the bleep do we know', who make a similar mistake as Dawkins, since they think they can prove their own arbitrary selected subjects of spiritual matters, lets say metaphysical matters, through empirical science i.e: physics. hence termed New Age.

whatever happened to studying pure science without falling into scientism? or to study religion and philosophy without becoming a clueless new ager?

really...

staypuff

Im pretty sure if the crap continues then yortbogey will put a few on timeout and bin the thread with good reason. I say if you have nothing to contribute in a positive way to the thread then don't post at all.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
BOTH of U
Sativa Dragon
skull and roses
need to move along AND STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD....
your input is not needed.

I believe in the existence of aliens, alternate dimensions, multi-verses, and time lapses. But ghosts lol nope. Sadly when we die I think its no different than before we are born. Blackness..... no memory of our existence before or after.

As for people having experiences... I believe that all comes down to quantum physics. In which I recommend reading some books by Michio Kaku. Or you can check out some of his lectures on youtube. He explains all of the above in detail where even a idiot can understand.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
couldn't find that long thread where tons of members here told some amazing first-hand ghost stories... found other short-lived threads but none as good as that one I remember...

anyway, I'm drinking some vodka and and chatty :D so I'll re-type shortly my experience seeing what I believe were ghosts...

so I was invited to go jam at a dude's house, this was about 12-14 years ago... anyway, I arrived at this dude's house with my electric guitar, amp and pedals. I got there early and was waiting for the other random musicians to show up with their gear... the house is a modern three story house, you enter through the middle floor, where you have the kitchen, dinning room, and other house shit, then the floor downstairs has this big saloon, two bedrooms and an exit to a backyard... I hear people arrived with a drum-set, more amps, basses, even a fucking cello! hell yeah, anyway... people started bringing all the gear downstairs, and I started hooking everything up, when they finished bringing everything down, they went upstairs to the kitchen to prepare food, snacks and drinks, and I stayed downstairs putting the drums together and all... I then sit down after finishing, and where I was my back was against the glass-door that went into the yard and I was facing the stair-case and the entrance to the bedrooms which were in front of the staircase... I clearly saw this older lady (55-65 years old maybe) with two children come down the stairs and they went into one of the bedrooms. the children could have been between 5 and 8 years old, the lady and them were all dressed normally, nothing strange about them. 2 minutes after I see them go into the room, the dude of the house comes downstairs and I tell him something like: "dude, I think your mom is here, is it cool we are here?" and he's like: "wtf, my family is in Spain now, I'm all alone here", so I tell him about the lady and the two children I had just seen go into one of the rooms; so we decide to go into the room thinking it could be thieves but we went in and no one was in there! :yoinks:

I may add that this particular neighborhood where this house is at is right behind this big funerary home...

there was this girl there too, I don't remember now if she saw them too or if she was the one who proposed that they might have been ghosts or both.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I clearly saw this older lady (55-65 years old maybe) with two children come down the stairs and they went into one of the bedrooms. the children could have been between 5 and 8 years old, the lady and them were all dressed normally, nothing strange about them.

Sometimes people see things that are not there. We refer to these experiences as hallucination.

Sometimes we have dreams that are very hard to distinguish from reality.

Sometimes when we assume things about the story (they were ghosts) we reinforce our assumptions and EDIT our memories based on those assumptions.

All you can say for sure is you had a weird experience that you can't explain.

Why label it ghosts?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Sometimes people see things that are not there. We refer to these experiences as hallucination.

Sometimes we have dreams that are very hard to distinguish from reality.

Sometimes when we assume things about the story (they were ghosts) we reinforce our assumptions and EDIT our memories based on those assumptions.

All you can say for sure is you had a weird experience that you can't explain.

Why label it ghosts?

actually, if you read what I wrote carefully, you'll notice that when I told the dude of the house about the lady and the children, our first reaction was that they were thieves, this happened in Venezuela, so our level of paranoia in regards robbers is pretty scandalous. and also like I wrote in the last post, I only considered that they were ghosts after a girl that was there suggested it, now I do not remember clearly if she also saw them or not, this happened in 1999 I think...

why would I hallucinate such a thing anyway?

was I subconsciously desiring an older lady with two children? lol... was I praying to an altar of lady and two children for months and suddenly they manifested? lol....

T

ThirstyKenny

Hi everyone, I would have been about 14/15 and had taken my girlfriend up to the local bush one night. We were starting to get into things when a big fire flared up in the distance. Maybe 50 or so metres away. Well we got the heck outta there and found another place. Later on we walked past the same spot where the fire had been and there was no fire nor any ash or anything to show that there had been a fire. We were both scarily surprised by this and have no way of explaining it. We were both straight at the time also.
Thanks
Kenny

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
why would I hallucinate such a thing anyway?

All I can do is speculate.

was I subconsciously desiring an older lady with two children? lol... was I praying to an altar of lady and two children for months and suddenly they manifested? lol....

You tell me. Are all those people who think they're Napoleon actually Napoleon?

If you are going to claim they were ghosts, will you please define ghost for me? Because my understand of the word is that it is the "spirit" of a dead person. Is that what you mean by ghosts?