Do you believe in the paranormal ???

• yes

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • no

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

staypuff

Just as the title says a little poll on how many of you stoners believe in the paranormal. I myself do believe and im intrigued by the talk of it love hearing ghost stories, and watching anything that discusses the paranormal, a la' shows like ghost adventures or the Dorset ghost investigators from england. If u have had a brush with the dead please do tell.

I had my first encounter when I was about 8 years old around 3am I awoke in a state of terror like I was in a nightmare but fully awake I felt like I was strapped to it without anything holding me I could not speak or yell while a dark figure stood at the base of my bed then diminish before my very eyes.... Crazy chit gives me goose bumps just typing about it... I remember it like it just happened !!!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
why not.. its possible..

my dad who was a builder was cleaning out a house and was stood at the bottom of a flight of stairs and saw a woman combing her hair at the top of the stairs looking out the window at the same time his mate was stood at the other end of the landing upstairs and saw the same woman,, that freaked them out..

staypuff

^^^ yowzers that's pretty freaky. I recently started watching the show ghost adventures and those guys have been into some crazy shit where they travel the world investigating haunted locations and let me tell you I don't know how any of that stuff is made up. One episode that had me on edge waas called " Bobby Macky's Music World " anyone interested check that out on the tube had me tossing all night lol.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
no offence but i dont believe anything i see on tv especially any of the so called ghost investigation programs.. they just scream and look like fools with an infrared light on them.. or take it bizarrely serious but still look like idiots to me..

back in the day as early as the 1800's they used clever tricks to electrify the air and cold drafts and certain smells/visual effects with mirrors and projectors to create enough unusual sensory information to make people believe they were experiencing that world between worlds where spirits supposedly lie,, i'd imagine its still used today in haunted houses and those dumb celebrity ghost programs..

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Just as the title says a little poll on how many of you stoners believe in the paranormal. I myself do believe and im intrigued by the talk of it love hearing ghost stories, and watching anything that discusses the paranormal, a la' shows like ghost adventures or the Dorset ghost investigators from england. If u have had a brush with the dead please do tell.

I had my first encounter when I was about 8 years old around 3am I awoke in a state of terror like I was in a nightmare but fully awake I felt like I was strapped to it without anything holding me I could not speak or yell while a dark figure stood at the base of my bed then diminish before my very eyes.... Crazy chit gives me goose bumps just typing about it... I remember it like it just happened !!!

I believe but I think what you experienced was sleep Paralyisis, I have been there done that, scary shit but it has prompted much study and writings about the paranormal, long read but see below.

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to REM atonia, the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Sleep paralysis occurs either when falling asleep, or when awakening. When it occurs upon falling asleep, the person remains aware while the body shuts down for REM sleep, and it is called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. When it occurs upon awakening, the person becomes aware before the REM cycle is complete, and it is called hypnopompic or postdormital.[10] The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes, with some rare cases being hours, "by which the individual may experience panic symptoms"[11] (described below). As the correlation with REM sleep suggests, the paralysis is not entirely complete; use of EOG traces shows that eye movement is still possible during such episodes, however, the individual experiencing sleep paralysis is unable to speak.[12]

Le Cauchemar (The Nightmare), by Eugène Thivier (1894)

Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are symptoms commonly experienced during episodes of sleep paralysis. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for reports of alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[13] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox (the Blackmore-Cox study) of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that reports of alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[14] There are three main types of these hallucinations that can be linked to pathologic neurophysiology.[7] These include the belief that there is an intruder in the room, the incubus, and vestibular motor sensations.[

staypuff

Very interesting read man thanks for posting :)

Lost in a sea none taken ;) I have seen many shows that were very gimmicky and a bunch of phonies but these guys have had actual proof to the point where they were on the news and had documentation to prove there claims for the sceptics. I keep an open mind for this as I myself and others I know have had there own encounters with the after life whether it was in a positive way or negative. But I respect anyone's judgement on the matter :)

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Re: Do you believe in the paranormal ???

I'm a skeptic.... and I'm always calling bullshit on people's ghost stories.

But at the same time, I get creeped out in my own home (old 5000 sq ft house) from time to time. That might tell a little more about my opinion... haha. Right after I moved here, one trip on a heavy dose of Azures went from amazing to fucking terrifying very quickly.

As much as I have a hard time believing, it would be fucking nuts to be proved wrong.

Galactic

Re: Do you believe in the paranormal ???

Societys measuring stick for "proving" shit is usually amusing. We only believe things we can visually see spatially sometimes and then other times simply "accept" what we are told by an authoritative figure.

Visible light is a tiny blip in the electromagnetic spectrum. That's what the cameras are there for on these shows, to catch a ghost "in the flesh". This is lol and many base their own views by accepting what is shown or discussed by the narration.

What about xrays? I've never seen one, touched one, don't know shit about them except their name... But I'm just supposed to accept that the very minimum is that IT'S POSSIBLE xrays exist.

I can do it for x rays and I don't see it a stretch to include the paranormal.

That said, paranormal stories and accounts are usually horribly opinionated and laden with conjecture rather than observance. Kooky bunch of folks drawn to the subject, non conducive to forward progress/understanding.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I've woken up with scratches all over my body before.

I've had a spirit in my house one time after messing with a ouija board.

I wrote a short story one time with small details only I would notice..I saw the same thing I wrote in my story on a road trip once into the woods a few summers ago.

Sleeping in a tent back in 2012, I was up on a mountain fishing for a day and a night...Experienced what can only be called from my p.o.v. as 'being watched feeling'...like someone or something was actually watching me sit there fish, camp, hike and have a good time for about 16 hours..pretty freaky.

staypuff

Wow messing with a ouija board would be where my ass draws the limit lol. Seems like alot of people end up having negative events occur to them after messing with those things I for one don't want to be opening any doors that shouldn't be open or have shit follow me home and torment my life LOL u have balls my friend. Waking up with scratches is not freaking cool either !!!!

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
If you have time and you know a little about Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Physics etc, try to find a movie titled "What the bleep do we know" and a DVD set called "The Bigger Questions", they talk alot about how we think affects our perception of the world around us, what we think affects the world around us. I won't try to explain it all because the What the bleep do we know is like 2.5 hours, and it is a bit of a mind bender, however all the speakers are at the top of there game and they all are open minded.

Peace

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
i just believe most of us are paranoid of our own unresolved fears and thoughts...
thus causing them to manifest in the strangest of ways.....

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
there was a thread about this a while ago, maybe 2 years ago or so? some cool first hand stories being told, including one of my own experiences, kinda lazy to re-type it again...

who remembers the thread? tried searching but did not find it...

S

SeaMaiden

Yes, I do believe in 'paranormal.' I've only had one really remarkable occurrence that could be called 'ghost,' but have had more instances where I utter what someone else is thinking, or occasionally vice versa, than I can count.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Yes, I do believe in 'paranormal.' I've only had one really remarkable occurrence that could be called 'ghost,' but have had more instances where I utter what someone else is thinking, or occasionally vice versa, than I can count.

In that DVD I mentioned they touch on the Quantum law of entaglement, which in lamens terms means we are all connected, if you are generally in tune with people or the person you love, it is possible according to the law of entanglement that you are indeed connected on a very different level, one that us humans have never been educated on in order to percieve it as a part of our reality.

peace

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
what the bleep do we know is quasi-scientific new age babbling. imo of course!

was forced to watch it twice!!! once at a my step-mother's and a second time in a classroom... the horror!!! good thing I was high as all hell during both times :D