What's new

do some people not get high off sativas?

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I wouldn't be so quick to make statements about relative intelligence based off of cannabis preferences. Just a thought. ;)

I have encountered people who do not like or can not handle a sativa high, but no one who just doesn't feel it. Now i have heard of people like that, and it isn't too common, but common enough.

With a sativa i wouldn't necessarily go by the color of the hairs as an indicator. You might benefit from getting a cheap $5-15 magnifying scope (30X - 100X) so that you can look at the trichomes (the glands where the cannabinoids are produced primarily) and use that to figure out optimum harvest time. Sativas can have several "windows" where you can harvest and in between these windows you can lose a lot of potency.

Personally i'm a fan of energetic sativa highs with no ceiling or sativa dominant plants. Then again i go do lots of physical activity when i'm high. Not stoned. :) Good luck

trshunt

Then again i go do lots of physical activity when i'm high. Not stoned. :) Good luck

That just summed it up for me: Sativas get me high, while indicas get me stoned. I LOVE the high I get from sativas, but maybe that's just because I got sick the last time I smoked an indica.

Herborizer

Veteran
Over the last 20 I have met several people who can't get high the first few times. Then suddenly bam. Weird.

Not smart enough to get high...

The Emperors new clothes?

:chin:

Ima Sativa kinda guy. Little half hits and LOTS of being busy... and lots of little half hits. High, not stoned. Stirred, not shaken.

Indica? Pain meds and sleep... and being stupid for long periods of time... WoW anyone?

bobman

I just had the same thing happen with one of my sativa phenos. A guy said I feel something but its just not there, meanwhile my head was nicely in the clouds for hours, in fact this weed gives me a head in the clouds hangover the next day. I think tropic brought up a great point. The first few times I smoked pot I did not feel it. I think that is what is going on here, their brain needs to figure it out. Give it to this guy a few more times and then get his reaction. I bet it changes. He is just used to indicas and perhaps that is all he has ever smoked. I know the guy that tried mine has never had a sativa before.

enter sandman

Over the decades...man I'm old...I've had friends & associates who were what you'd call addicts---meaning they were those type of people who have an addictive personality & loved & had to be drugged up to get by. They did just about everything under the sun. These types loved Indica always over sativa for some reason & those I know (including me) who does not do anything else (I don't even drink beer or liquor) loved sativas. Even my brother, who commited suicide from crack ruining his life (i love you man wherever you are) could not stand sativa but loved an Indica. He was what you'd call the stereotypical drug addict. So, there are the true cannabis lovers who can't be placed under the 'predisposed addict' label, for all they do is cannabis (which is about as safe as listening to music or eating cookie dough) these I find smoke nothing but sativa, then there are the 'druggies', who just want to be drugged up all the time not caring what gets them high...they are down with the Indica. This is just my speculations. I'm not saying all who smoke Indica are loser drug addicts who shoot heroin & smoke crack also, it's just that all the sativa lovers I know don't do anything else while the Indica lovers I've known are always doing 'everything' else. Just cold objective observations.

G

grasspass

Alcohol kills a Sativa mind high for me. Drink and smoke = mind numb and not mentally high. Was he drinking?

I most certainly get high off Sativas, Sativas around here are super rare. I can only get them like a few times a year. First time I had one, felt like I was in heaven. I was happy, relaxed, and it felt like I was floating. Second time I smoked some, I ended up on the floor, trying to breathe (even tho I was) and thought I was having a heart attack because my heart was beating so fast. Awesome stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts