What's new

Do people REALLY think growing marijuana is easy?

S

sparkjumper

Nothing difficult about indoor out outdoor growing when all the information you can ever need is at your fingertips.What is difficult is adopting a lifestyle where you can make it happen.You apt growers and growers with kids/family I just dont know how you do it.Now that would be hard

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the first plants i ever grew were my best so far, beginners luck i guess. every single harvest after that succumbed to things like light leaks, hermies, over dried curing, all that good shit. not to mention the fungus knat invasion.

i was talking to another buddy of mine who started growing this year, he lost his whole crop to heat stress. instead of having bomb white widow for 36 a P hes trying to sell his shit for half that.

antimatter

Veteran
so top gardeners agree its acceptable to throw up 10k to test if a strain sucks or to dial it in

instead of running it first in a test environment and running something that puts our more than a 10th a fucking gram per watt

Could be an heirloom strain that yields extremely low but demands a very high price, or the growers had to split and took all the main colas (or the police), thats what plants look like after you remove the largest colas and just leave the smaller popcorn branches. :tree:

Boy I respectfully disagree with a lot of growers. I think growing pot is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life that has reaped financial rewards. I also disagree that growing "the best" requires talent or skill. It requires the ability to read and the ability to acquire good genetics, IMO.

Maybe you guys are doing scientifically elaborate grows that I know nothing about or something. I guess that's possible. But I've grown organic hydroponics cannabis that would rival anything I've smoked in my life for a few years now and never had a hitch. It's the easiest thing in the world. You ever have a question you can post a pic online and get help almost immediately.

Agree to disagree.

As an experienced group, we all understand (us growers) how much lighting we need, what strains to choose, what mediums to use, what growing systems suit us best, what our P.H should be, watering cycles, CO2, etc, etc, etc…. but now that marijuana has caught such mainstream attention with shows like “Marijuana Inc.” (which I happen to love) and cannabis laws changing everyday, I hear so many people talking about “I want to grow weed” that I think to myself “man, don’t they realize how hard this is?”

Go onto to Google and type in “how to grow marijuana” and you’ll see number 1 – 698,000 different links of “how to grow marijuana”. Everyone is trying to sell their books or DVD’s but they don’t want to tell you how if you plug your lights incorrectly into different sockets how you can burn your whole house down. How you can invest anywhere from $2,000 - $40,000 and completely fuck up your first harvest by not knowing what you’re doing and losing your ass in the process, or probably getting a beating from the guy who fronted you the money!

There is so much that goes into growing, but all people see are the $$$$. (I’m talking about the retards that know nothing about this and want to grow). Am I the only one that’s kind of urked' by this or have you felt the same way? I keep reading posts on different people wanting to move out to cannabis friendly states to grow but they don’t realize that true experience comes from trial and error. If you can afford it.

What do you guys think? Do people really think you just plant seeds, add some sunlight and PRESTO = you get money?
I always enjoyed the easy parts of growing exept their just never was any.....LOL

sorcival

I grew up on a farm so I hadda learn how to grow shit, like anything. BUT, that being
said...
reefer is a WEED man, a plant that grows if you let it...murdering a plant is easy, so is
growing one...just kick back water every three days, toss in some nutes, be patient
as hell and harvest when ripe...easy enough, right?

always kept me fucked up anyway.

whodair

Veteran
the right strain for your environment and its easy. ive been with my one strain since 1992. never ph or ec. dirt, tap water...nothin really.

i didnt change an hps bulb for the 1st 5 yrs till it started to flicker...

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Of all the various plants I've gardened/farmed, Cannabis is one of the easiest to grow. The difficulty is doing it hidden deep in the woods, or wedged into a small carbon filtered grow room, all the difficulty in growing Cannabis is directly related to the fear of getting caught, and the corresponding need to hide it.

If I could grow it right in my garden, next to my Tomatoes, with no fear, it would be the easiest, most care free plants in my garden.

H

HappyDog

Growing a quality crop consistently is a trade skill like any other, i.e., carpentry, welding, etc... The only place for education is at the School of Hard Knocks where you'll get your degree in Trial and Error. There is no short-cut to hands on knowledge. HappyDog.

ToughGirl

I've grown for years, and I think dedication pays off. The first plants I grew were outside, and though they were big, they were crap. But at the time I thought they were awesome and easy. Compared to where I'm at now, I would've made hash out of all of it.

Pot in itself is a pretty tough plant and it's not that hard to get 'something' in the end. But truly great pot, sticky with tight thick buds, isn't easy at first. It takes a while to really get the hang of it, to know exactly what the plant wants or needs is an acquired skill and takes a lot of research and a few good grows. Reading these threads for 3 months and buying a light isn't going to make you a master grower, it does help, but there is nothing like experience.

Look through these threads at how many problems people have, and look at the solutions people give, a plant with droopy leaves gets 50 different solutions. Everything from nutrient deficiencies to the lumens and colour temp of the lamp, meanwhile the poor thing just needs watered. It's easy to read and memorize a lot of things, but putting that research to practical application is not as easy.

It's easy to be a 'know it all', but it takes a few years to be a 'grow it all'!!

H

HappyDog

:yeahthats You said it! Plants are like people. It takes a while to get to know the individual needs of each strain to know what to give it or not give it. I'll try a strain through 2-3 cycles before I can tell wether on not to go into greater production. HappyDog.

HUGE

Veteran
It actually can be very easy cannabis is a weed it will grow if you get it past the seedling state and transplant outdoors. I am a young grower on my second grow (hungry deer ate my first attempt) after that I researched for 6 years everything I could find about the plant and a manner of other drug plants/medical plants. My plants are very healthy with minimal effort in a hydroponics system, almost every clone I have ever cut has lived including a 100% for my first time with 30+ clones. What your seeing is a loss of intelligence of the masses due to fascist consumerism and extremely outdated school systems geared toward factory production and not toward open thinking. Brainwashing technologies and limited lifetime products that serve to perpetuate the veil that nothing is wrong and to distract the ever lowering IQ of the masses. Luckily there are some intelligent open minded people in this country (a small percentage of the population) that when the chicken scat hits the fan it won't be in their faces. Anyone with half a brain can learn how to grow a plant it just goes to show how many closed minded retards there really are.

Amen, amen A-fucking-men. That about sums it up. Welcome to America.

if you grow indoors...order seeds....or want the best of the best...then yes, its hard...
but dont tell me it's difficult outdoors....you pop some bag-seeds...throw em' in the ground...water that shit..and wait..not hard.
i barely even tried last year and got well over 8 ounces from 6 plants...
the only thing hard about it was having to carry water to them, and trimming them...which wasnt hard but just time consuming...and i guess if you dont know how to cure...you'll fuck that up...

i was told by a few "growers" that im wasting my time reading forums on the internet...because apparently everything on the internet is bullshit...
wow they're ignorant...

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
i was told by a few "growers" that im wasting my time reading forums on the internet...because apparently everything on the internet is bullshit...
wow they're ignorant...

Lol, I got the same reaction from the Hydro Store owner when I bought my 1000w w/Super Sun 2. He was convinced that Super Sun 2's are for 600w lights max. I tried to explain Pico's reflector thread, but he just scoffed and went on about "Those numbers online don't mean anything."

JimBeamKush

Lol I love how the guy who made this thread acts like he came out of his moms womb with a 5kw grow next to his baby crib that be built.

yeah the problem with some growers is they find a way that works...grow some decent plants...then think they're king shit because they grew some weed and think they are the guru and know everything there is to know...i told my buddy about 12/12 from seed and he laughed at me for quite awhile...then i printed off the article and he apologized...
owned.

Lol I love how the guy who made this thread acts like he came out of his moms womb with a 5kw grow next to his baby crib that be built.

haterade_gorilla2.jpg

haterade.gif

Comes in different flavors too - JimBeam!!

JimBeamKush

Lol I was not hating. Just saying man, who cares what other people think about it, if they try they will either learn or fail.

Right now I am learning now failing. But I have to say actually growing it is not hard.
But I agree with the statement that growing top notch bud is very hard.

But no you are not just going to buy a small pack of seeds and a couple lights and then buy a BMW with your $.

Latest posts

Latest posts