What's new

Do people REALLY think growing marijuana is easy?

vprising909

Green, Paulo, Super, thank you for your responses. I've grown fruits, vegetables, trees, and even nuts. The only thing easier than growing marijuana is maybe mushrooms (mmm... portabella!). In response to claim that growing large quantities of marijuana is difficult: try refining your system. It shouldn't be that hard. Challenging is okay. There is always room for improvement. In fact, with all of the new strains and tech shit, it's almost mandatory.

Please don't take what I'm posting the wrong way, but seriously, weed is super f-ing easy to grow.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
It's the same as with any other agricultural crop...growing one is easy. Growing a 100 acres is a whole different story...

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
C'mon if it were really easy would there be as many posts on ICMag wondering how to fix (fill in the blank)?

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
doubt

doubt

C'mon if it were really easy would there be as many posts on ICMag wondering how to fix (fill in the blank)?

Because there´s plenty of free info available and user friendly:dunno:maybe...who know´s?!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
\ In response to claim that growing large quantities of marijuana is difficult: try refining your system. It shouldn't be that hard.

So...when you have to mix up 400 15 gal containers of soil, and have to get everything transplanted in a day or 2...that is easy??
Or when you need to spray neem or anything else...that is a breeze??
Or you see PM poke it's evil head...that would be no big deal...with 400 5 foot Greenhouse plants??
Setting up automated watering system is a bitch that big...you run into pressure probs...some plants get too much, some too little--
I have just been watering by hand...but hey, it only takes about 3 and a half hours....
With enough $$, yeah...you can just hire ppl...buy all the top end shit...but if you are starting without that kind of $$...in my experience...it is hard--:smokeit:
But I fucking love it...so it's all good!!:biggrin:

vprising909

Kali, in the sense of physical labor, yes, it can be hard. What I mean is it's not hard like a math test. I completely agree with you, farming is hard work. But farming pot is easier than a lot of other crops. Believe me, I know what it's like to work hard. And like you said the rewards are great so it is all good.

mtbazz

I completely agree with the OP. When I first started growing indoors it took two harvests for me to really get things nailed down. Than I moved, did some outdoor for a year which involved alot of fairly (to me) backbreaking work hauling soil and water, than recently started up indoor again and once again had to go through two grows to get things just right.

Its not easy, and involves alot of time and ALOT of risk. I grow primarily for personal use, but also to make some profit. Im pretty generous with my stash, often times giving out free samples of ice water hash or oil to people, but still people complain about the prices.

If people had any idea what it took to grow decent MJ, I think they would be surprised that it doesnt go for more.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
It's the same as with any other agricultural crop...growing one is easy. Growing a 100 acres is a whole different story...

and then grow 100 acres of high quality again and again, beginners luck wears off fast.

...................If people had any idea what it took to grow decent MJ, I think they would be surprised that it doesnt go for more.

Exactly.....When you add up all the overhead in gear + the stress + the time commitments.......well I dont know why we just dont give it all away......seems like it just falls from the sky, lol

pthway4

Man I been at this thing for 6 years now and still am a ever learning student...nothing this good is easy!!

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
it is that easy..you can make it hard or make it easy your choice..IMVHO..

indifferent

Veteran
It's the illegality that makes it difficult. If it were legal to grow it would be 100x easier.

If it were legal to grow where I live I'd have my mothers indoors and just run one large outdoor crop, then all the work is in preparing the soil, no need for watering or feeding after if the soil is good as it rains plenty here. Picking the males out and keeping on top of any bugs (and those are rare here) is about all it takes until late September when you gotta start worrying about mould, then the next hard work comes with the harvest and trimming.

Compared to a lot of other things you could grow, weed grows itself and the rewards are so much higher. Then again, the high rewards are due to the illegality.

In any discussion of the problems of growing weed, the illegality is the major factor imho.

paulo73

Veteran
To me is like sex...it gets better with practice and if you put some love into it you get a unique reward.
In other hand sex and money is another business;)

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
A small, personal grow is easy. Ridiculously easy. Good information is readily available, assuming one has a half of a brain in his head, and the process is almost mechanically predictable. Now, scaling that personal grow into a larger operation isn't nearly as simple. Instead of experiencing economies of scale, one sees the opposite effect and Mother Nature begins to play her cards.

Simon

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i go into my grow last night and see that one of my CFLs fell onto the plants and was burning a fan leaf WOOHOO.

then i go in there this morning and theres fucking light leaks EVERYWHERE. my roomate ghetto rigged covering the window and light is pouring in from all angles.

ahhhh the fun life of growing..

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
growing weed is super easy
growing the weed i want to smoke is not
well i guess it is once u kinow what is going on. it just takes some learning and application. most people quit b4 they get started. i grow amazing weed in a very short time frame of application, but 2x as long of learning n understanding it all. i happen to enjoy every bit of literature and all the trials so it has not been hard at all in that respect. once a person has found a suitable feeding schedual, it is up to the self discipline of the grower to remain ON Point for the duration. thats the hard part for most IMO. i think curing for greatness is harder than growing the weed til u get that figured out also...

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
for anyone that said outdoor growing is easy id love to see your pics of the plants grown by JUST tossing a seed into the ground watering it and grew a dank harvest. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE
Guerrilla growing is defiantly one of the hardest types of growing Ive experienced . There are so many variables determining the outcome, now im not saying any other type of growing is way easier because of less variables. Theirs just as many with indoor as outdoor but there are so many variables for outdoor guerrilla growing that could possibly leave you with completely nothing in the end. SO ITS NOT EASY IN MY OPINION NIETHER IS INDOOR OUR ANY OTHER TYPE OF BUD GROWING BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ONE PERSON PERSONALLY THAT HAS PROPER GROWING KNOWLEDGE. AND IF IT IS THAT HARD FOR THE GENERAL POP TO GROW AND ITS EASY FOR the FEW(intelligent,connoisseur cannabis users) TO GROW BUD I WOULD SAY ITS GENERALLY NOT AN EASY THING. OTHERWISE EVERYONE AND THERE MOM WOULD BE GROWING.

IM simply stating my opinion on what people said and was wondering what others thought about this.

what type of growing do you think is the HARDEST
??

paulo73

Veteran
What a hard life you have mate.
A burned leave and some light leaks, thats life risking shit bro;)

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Growing is easy, the plant does most of the work . Growing great bud is very hard and dialing in just right for each particular strain is even harder or should I say more expensive lol.. And yeah you have to have a brain in your head peace out Headband707

Latest posts

Latest posts