What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do old farts still smoke old strains?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
wall hits

wall hits

everything we smoked was a lie to make it sound better. to get higher we would take the biggest hit possible. then a buddy would push on your chest up against a wall really hard for about 10 seconds. most of the time you would pass out for about 10 to 15 seconds. awake with the most intense headrush ever. it was fun to turn out the lights while someone was out or put on halloween masks. scare the shit out of them when they woke up. once we all talked silently and the dude thought he went deaf. :rasta:

THC•20

Older smokers probably do still have their old genetics and probably is better than most of the stuff offered by commercial seed banks today, I wish I had the opportunity to grow some of those old Sativa's people claimed were just without a doubt incredible :joint:

THC•20 said:
Older smokers probably do still have their old genetics and probably is better than most of the stuff offered by commercial seed banks today, I wish I had the opportunity to grow some of those old Sativa's people claimed were just without a doubt incredible :joint:

me too...hopefully one day through my long life ahead of me ill meet an old time smoker/grower who'll have some of those old genetics that i can experience.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I would love to grow out santa marta's and Oaxacans again, but I ain't giving up my new gals, the blue sativas and blue nepalese gals are in my harem for good.
H

G

grapepunched

SSH

SSH

The Haze is one I still grow, if that's old enough for y'all... it's a SSH pheno from Shanti's work back at Greenhouse before he left...

I also bought some of those Columbian F2s from AnnaC hoping to find a nice old school Columbian...

Here's some old school SSH to wet your whistle...
-gp

little j

yeah im youngish. 35. i helped my uncle move about 10 years back and while digging out the basement i found a 5gl ziplock full of seeds. i said ooohh hellooo. my uncle looked at me and said hahahaha thats from when i was young. my friends would come up from the cities (he moved to the boondocks when he was 25) and bring along some weed. he had a weekend party house for his friends but he lived there full time. he said he put away all these seeds because he thought he would grow some outside on the farm someday but never got to it. he wanted to save them for some reason. whatever i thought. i grabbed a few and grew them outdoors. it was the start of my first good grows that got me goin. nice smoke that grew good for what i did or didnt do to them. got a couple oz for nothing and it was better than the high school bags i was buyin. a couple years later when i was very much into growin my own i went to his place to get the rest of those seeds and i found a mouse had got into the bag and cracked and ate EVERY single seed. nothing but a bag of hulls left. big 5gl bag all split and layin on the shelf. at the time i thought WOW that damn mouse got meat out of every seed there. now i think damn,, that mouse ate all the 60s and 70s had to offer. thanks.

little j said:
yeah im youngish. 35. i helped my uncle move about 10 years back and while digging out the basement i found a 5gl ziplock full of seeds. i said ooohh hellooo. my uncle looked at me and said hahahaha thats from when i was young. my friends would come up from the cities (he moved to the boondocks when he was 25) and bring along some weed. he had a weekend party house for his friends but he lived there full time. he said he put away all these seeds because he thought he would grow some outside on the farm someday but never got to it. he wanted to save them for some reason. whatever i thought. i grabbed a few and grew them outdoors. it was the start of my first good grows that got me goin. nice smoke that grew good for what i did or didnt do to them. got a couple oz for nothing and it was better than the high school bags i was buyin. a couple years later when i was very much into growin my own i went to his place to get the rest of those seeds and i found a mouse had got into the bag and cracked and ate EVERY single seed. nothing but a bag of hulls left. big 5gl bag all split and layin on the shelf. at the time i thought WOW that damn mouse got meat out of every seed there. now i think damn,, that mouse ate all the 60s and 70s had to offer. thanks.

damn that really sucks... i probably wouldve felt like crying. Sooo many great seeds gone don the drain. Oh well..

you didnt save any seeds from your grows you did before with his stuff?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pice of shit mouse!!....i want to bean old fart growing my cheese clone....i bet there are some old lines still out there that need re working

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IL GROW THIS CHEESE TILL I DIE OR I LOSE IT!!..........IM SURE SOMEONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME ABOUT ANOTHER CUT/LOST OLD SCOOL STRAIN...

I'm not an old fart. But i've been highly intrigued to grow some Vietnam Black. In addition someday i want to grow a bunchve old school sativas, some mexica, colombian & lastly I wouldnt mind growing a 90's cheese cut. That'd be phenomenal.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im sure cheese is a blast from the past!!.....when i smoke it i can tell its raw!!....im sure im missing wholesome weed in the new hybrids and i feel this bland taste that is emerging from most recent crosses

T

toodles

I'm over 60 now and I would really like to find something like the old Columbian we used to smoke in the mid/late 70's. SSH is very nice!; I'm on my 3rd run of it. But it's not quite what I'm looking for.

Toodles

Last edited:

notsonuts_1949

old buds crossed

old buds crossed

Bud Meister said:
If I can get my old as dirt hands on some older seed strains hell yea I wouid grow them.
here is a company that sells a vintage pack crossed with white widow.i havent grown this yet but have grown a few of there seed varieties and sure am not disappointed.here is the seed company:

highgrade seeds...............
oh yes they deliver worldwide and never a glitch speedy and good communication.hope this helps someone!!

I always liked the Thai sticks in the 70's--kick ass.
Also fond of the Maui Wowie.
Quite alot of good pot around the Dead family.
Good times for a NorCal Deadhead!

CDM

Ahh yes.. the old tie sticks... shit I can still almost taste it.
Its been 30 years since Ive seen anything like that...

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
I'm not old enough to be considered a fart but my grow mentor and his close friend are just SO happy to keep growing the classics that have been puttering around Western Mass for ages and the cream of the crop at this point is the Afghani Dream, another very old pure Affie that smells like bread, Mass Super Skunk, UK Cheese (from what I can infer, the cut quite likely came from Exodus to a local experimental community at the edge of the Berkshires, but I haven't been able to verify that), and apparently there's some actual Columbian kicking around, the source of which they haven't tracked down yet, but I'm sitting here with a T5 setup waiting to get my little paws on it. I'm also hunting for the Jerry Berries... Who can resist the stuff that has stood the test of time and fads?
MSS is one of my all time favorite smokes. And Afghani Dream is IMVHO one of the most solid sets of genetics an aspiring breeder could hope to work with.

Burt

Veteran
western mass eh?
heads i knew in hadley had one of the best-durban
how is jerry berry? what is it made of? i ocassionally hear the name thrown around-jerry can only have his name on the best :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts