What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
The finest outdoor pot I've experienced since the late 80's was grown last season by a female friend of mine. She planted it in her perennial garden and added her menstrual blood to her organic teas. Eew, I know... but the finished product was absolutely stellar in every possible way. She took a cutting of a plant I had been dialing in for 3 years indoors and on her first go at growing cannabis she turned out a higher quality product than I do. I was a little pissed... and so proud of her!

All the best gardeners I've known throughout my life have been women. My grandma was probably the pinnacle. She had this habit of taking cuttings from plants she would come across - she always carried a blade and some sort of tissue she could moisten to bring a mystery scion home, and there were all sorts of specimens in her yard she acquired that way. Back in the 70's my uncle was a cop and a professional photographer, and his department had him grow a single plant and photograph it for their marijuana eradication training manual. He had it in a pot on his back deck, and once when I went to his house with my grandma, she goes out back and sees it. "Oh, what a beautiful plant!", and she starts taking cuttings! My uncle was going "Ma! Ma! No, Ma, you can't have that, it's marijuana, it's for the department, it's against the law!". She was all upset that she couldn't take a cutting. "I don't care, it's a beautiful plant!". I'll bet Grandma would have rocked that Columbian Red or Michoacan or whatever seeds they seized in NorCal in 1978!

I say yes to female growers. We tend the female plant, it just makes sense.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it difficult to determine who is male/female unless told or there user name implies gender. being online you can never be 100% sure the other person is in fact a female or male. When I was younger there where more male smokers growers then female. Today I still find more males then females that smoke/grow. I have no idea why that is. As far as assuming the other person is a male is because of the low#'s of female smokers and growers. The female smokers I know have no interest in growing. They are not interested in the subject at all the just want to get stoned and have fun. This all just IME.

Last edited:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
the simplest answer, imo, is that the whole world is structured in an alpha male format,, if we were selecting society based on common sense rather than who can shout the loudest system them it would mainly just be women controlling things as it should be,, business/politics would be completely different and capitalism would be rejected,,

all men are arrogant,, and it is a double edged sword

Pinkladyeater

Your sex doesn't pre determine who you are or how you act, it's more complicated then that. Your sex also doesn't dictate how well you can grow Cannabis; everyone can grow it and will grow it differently regardless of what ever sex you are. Don’t forget that not every woman is the same as every other woman and the same is true about men. We are all individuals and don’t fit into a cookie cutter type mold based on what is your sex.

areUkind

hardly have meet any women with their own gardens but always nice to find one. up until about a year and a half ago, it was pretty hard to run into a man gardener too!

SunshineJoy

One of the factors might be stage of life. I am in my 50s now and have been growing about 6 years. My kids are adults - in fact they both helped a lot as well as my husband - a family affair! - and I just sort of turned into the one in the group who was most passionate (and diligent) about the process.

Though we've enjoyed cannabis all our adult lives as much as availability allowed, it never occurred to me to grow when my family was young. As I've matured into this stage of my life, my patience with all gardening has increased, and I have produced lots of organic fruits and veggies in this past 5 years, also, yet in the 70s, 80s, or 90s, I would have said I had a brown thumb.

So, I'd be interested to know the... vintage, if you will ;) .... of some of us female growers. I'll bet lots of us are over 40, and prolly more even over 50.

OK, so that's all a little off topic, but I think it's relevant to the conversation generally. :blowbubbles:

:dance013: :dance013: :dance013:

_Ina_

Veteran
hello! I think its not so bad to be the only women in the Bulgarian forum haha! The guys envited me here,but they ignoring my oppinions little. but i dont care,i'm learning what i need and enjoy! ekscuse me once again for the english

I imagine that single, women growers are a hot commodity around here . . . . But it doesn't seem like there are many single women. Maybe our hubbies were smart enough to snap us up quickly???

Rose56

I think you are right Sunshinejoy about a lot of us lady growers are vintage I am 53. I started or should I say regrowing to help with menopausal symptoms. When I grew when I was younger I didn't bother to do my homework so my grows were pretty sorry affairs.

THC123

Veteran
Nah that's not true , we only assume women can't drive cars :laughing::laughing:

We have a saying where i live that i will just translate literally(though it will lose a lot of it's meaning)

A woman behind the wheel of a car = blood on the wall :D :)

Last edited:
F

feral

Being a guy I'll probably getting ribbed big time for saying this, but I think most women make better growers than us guys. They seem to be more patient and in tune with their plants, where as a lot of guys want to tweak this and that and flip out at the slightest discoloration of a leaf, etc.
:smokey:

is that expression dutch or italian?? :)

obviously, you didn't mean it in a bad way, and meant it as a joke, so of course, i didn't mind! :)

Justa6655321

Veteran
My Mother is the one that taught me all my growing skills. Granted it was on tomatoes and garden veggies but still she is the one with the green skills....

Rose56

THC, Kind of reminds me of my dad's favorite french saying Guests like fish start to smell after three days (she said as her BIL is once again visiting)

I am not sure if it is that I am a women or that I am old but I do notice I seem to get less responses then the guys....then again maybe I am just a dork

Japanfreakier

Veteran
The thread title is why do men assume women can't grow. I don't know if that's true, I'm a guy and I don't assume that women can't grow. Think the thread starter is making an assumption there.

As to why do people assume that people are guys on-line, well the majority of people are men.

Personally I like to assume you're all sexy women with very little clothing on and you drop things all the time and have to bent over to pick it up.

Latest posts

Latest posts