What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

T-type

I know this thread is like 5 years old, but I think that men assume that other men are in here growing because...

Women generally make more well thought out decisions and take less risks. Usually they would be against doing something that can land them in the pokey for years. On the other hand us men think that our balls will carry us through unscathed.

Also, never had a girl drug dealer.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Women generally make more well thought out decisions and take less risks. Usually they would be against doing something that can land them in the pokey for years. On the other hand us men think that our balls will carry us through unscathed.

My experience was mostly as a youngster with my friends smoking herb. There was the occasional girl who was down, but it was rare. It's not that we were not down to have some girls around. It's just that mostly we were smoking while playing music, tagging, skating etc.... Doing reckless things, which most girls wanted nothing to do with.

Now I'm a bit older and I've met lots of girls that puff. Still very few that grow. The vast majority have been men. Maybe most of us just had a head start, as I am seeing more women growers. Most of the girls that I've met started smoking at a later age. It was mostly in college or towards the end of high school. If you talk to most guys I'm willing to bet that they started smoking in middle school around 12 or 13.

That would be an interesting poll. At what age did you start smoking and then to compare the results by sex.

Has anyone ever met a woman who ran a farm. I've only ever met men. I've also only met (1) woman who was as serious as anyone I know when it came to the business side.

I think women can grow. I think they are just called to lots of other plants. Roses, Tulips, Orchids etc....guys are just really about the herb. It's like guys being into brewing beer. I'm sure women can, but why are most of the people brewing beer men.

My hubby always said that women are better growers, but it took years for me to really get into it, and it was only b/c I had to take over and do it that I managed to learn. This is all still really recent for me, I might add. Then again, I have a small business in addition to my day job, so until I had to, I really didn't have the time. I love it, though. The plants seem to respond well to me, too. My hubby and I together and really kicking butt, though.

My husband and I are a grower couple, which is awesome! He's a total gearhead and loves to build things, and he is actually the one that restrains me, as I have all these lofty goals. He is always making me murder my plants when our numbers get too high.

We have started breeding in earnest now, which is exciting and chllenging. It takes a lot of space and resources to start breeding... Could I grow without him? Yes. Do I want to? No.

I'm Dykster

Hey..I am an old, disabled woman that learned how to grow via the net. I learned ventilation etc and set up my own room. I am not strong..and don't have tons of energy...My grow tubs are rocking and when the po po looks at me...they have no idea what grandma has in the back room.

C

cannagirl

My experience was mostly as a youngster with my friends smoking herb. There was the occasional girl who was down, but it was rare. It's not that we were not down to have some girls around. It's just that mostly we were smoking while playing music, tagging, skating etc.... Doing reckless things, which most girls wanted nothing to do with.

Now I'm a bit older and I've met lots of girls that puff. Still very few that grow. The vast majority have been men. Maybe most of us just had a head start, as I am seeing more women growers. Most of the girls that I've met started smoking at a later age. It was mostly in college or towards the end of high school. If you talk to most guys I'm willing to bet that they started smoking in middle school around 12 or 13.

That would be an interesting poll. At what age did you start smoking and then to compare the results by sex.

Has anyone ever met a woman who ran a farm. I've only ever met men. I've also only met (1) woman who was as serious as anyone I know when it came to the business side.

I think women can grow. I think they are just called to lots of other plants. Roses, Tulips, Orchids etc....guys are just really about the herb. It's like guys being into brewing beer. I'm sure women can, but why are most of the people brewing beer men.

I was one of the girls from back in the day that could puff right up there with the best of them boys. I was 7 when I took my first hit and 11 when I became a full on smoker. I havent stopped much since then, and that was forever ago. Im from a pot growing family, so it was kinda in blood, I guess.

I know this thread is like 5 years old, but I think that men assume that other men are in here growing because...

Dealing was my thing in high school, then I grew up and saw that the real heart and soul of the plant is in the grow room, and thats where I have been ever since.

And, um yeah, my balls are probably larger than most men I meet, probably why I have already had a run in or two with LEO

Now Im running 16 candles and in a month or so I will be running another 24 lighter.

I love growing pot, and I couldnt see my self doing anything else. Of course that fact that the SO is my growing partner helps alot too. He does the grunt work like take out the garbage and lift the heavy shit, but the finesse belongs to me.

And yeah Ill admit, I have a few tulips and orchids too...

weedies

Most women I have known shy away from hard work. They do not want to do anything that makes you sore, dirty or puts her finger nails at risk. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Too many cooks spoil the soup.

smokefrogg

Veteran
i need to visit my mom soon, moms rock, bring her some soil and more clones as a little gift, she's been kicking ass with what i gave her earlier in the year, go mom!

thankful my wife tolerates my little apartment grow, it's gotten me to plant other things too, strawberries and wildflowers and a potato and some tomatoes out on the balcony, she digs that and is getting into planting and planning our future garden, i think it's pretty cool

Women are naturally more nurturing, able/willing to pay closer attention to detail, and generally have better attention spans.

All of this makes them better growers than men.

This isn't to say that it's always true. Just in my experience.

BTW I'm a guy.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Interesting observations.....glad to see my thread still holding some interest over the years. :biggrin:

Big ups to smokefrogg's mom! :woohoo:

:ying:
DG

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Women are naturally more nurturing, able/willing to pay closer attention to detail, and generally have better attention spans.

All of this makes them better growers than men.

This isn't to say that it's always true. Just in my experience.

BTW I'm a guy.

I'm not so sure I'd agree with the sentence I bolded when quoting.....I do understand what you are saying BUT....(isn't there always a but....:biglaugh: )....some of the best growers I know are men...I also know some men that struggle getting their head wrapped around the intricacies of it all...not every chef is a Michelin rated one...but that doesn't mean those who aren't can't cook up a fine meal. Same goes in the grow room. ;)

There are exceptionally talented growers that are men, and, there are exceptionally talented growers that are women....just the proportions of each are different, for a myriad of reasons posted here throughout this thread. ;)

:ying:
DG

S

slave4sail

You mean to tell me there are other ladies out there that will water the ladies and do it well?

There is hope out there yet :D Big ups to all the female gardeners. Do they wear a special patch for easy identification? Have been looking for dirt under the fingernails, but that has not panned out as well as anticipated. :cathug::dunno:

Rose56

I think both sexes bring different strengths to a grow. I agree women tend to be more nurturing and more patient and tend to be more in tune to their plants and therefore react quicker to problems. Men are better at the more physical aspect of things lugging water and soil to their grows they tend to think things out and tweak things more and they are less intimidated with things like wiring. Of course there are always exceptions on both sides.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Women are just as capable of growing and breeding Quality cannabis as any man period.

Yes I agree with you in your statement....however, the actual reason this thread was started by me years ago was trying to figure out why most men 'assume' that growers are men...check my first post again, you'll see what I was attempting to discuss...which was not whether woman can grow as good or better than men...it was more about the assumptions made online pertaining to gender. ;)

Here's my first post from this thread that is now over 300+ pages and going into comparing the quality of grower (male vs female) and that was not the intent....see below.....so let's see if we can get this thread back on topic of my original post.

I had the 'women's forum' added years ago in an attempt to get more participation from us ladies who grow...since this thread started, just look at how many women have now become positive members and showing their grows! :woohoo:

Generally speaking of course.............:D............was recently thinking
why there aren't more women growers online? and why men automatically
assume
on various mj sites that the poster is a guy? Can't begin to
count how many messages I've received on other sites that all included
such things as "bro" or "mate", oh yes, and "dude", not that it bothered
me, always got a chuckle out of it. :p Perhaps it's because of all the electrical
work, or if hydro....plumbing too, just the construction/modification necessary of an indoor growing area?????

dg

V1AAA

male or female, i call every1 bro, or bruv's

and my favourite weed growing friend is a female. such nimble hands compared to mine. we have great fun together, and no hating either

i think more women should grow

Generally speaking of course.............:D............was recently thinking
why there aren't more women growers online? and why men automatically
assume
on various mj sites that the poster is a guy? Can't begin to
count how many messages I've received on other sites that all included
such things as "bro" or "mate", oh yes, and "dude", not that it bothered
me, always got a chuckle out of it. :p Perhaps it's because of all the electrical
work, or if hydro....plumbing too, just the construction/modification necessary of an indoor growing area?????

dg

Latest posts

Latest posts