What's new

Do buds gain much weight after 100% amber?

RetroGrow

Veteran
WRONG...what a fool rofl lmao

Seems to me that you are the fool.
100% amber is a joke.
If you want sleep weed, fine.
But no connoisseur of cannabis would ever go 100% amber, and I'm sure if you did a poll here you would find that out.
Also a simple Google search will tell you what others think about when cannabis is ripe. 20% amber is the general consensus.
I defy you to show me even one link from a credible cannabis source that says "go 100% amber". You won't, because you can't, because the idea is ridiculous. Also if you check with any of the respected breeders here, you will find that not one of them will take their plants anywhere near 100% amber. But to each his own. If you like couch lock CBN/CBD herb, go for it.
Sweet dreams....

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hey to each his own but getting back to the guestion the answer is no you will not make more money off weight when a buds done its done it does not keep growing in weight it will start to loss weight as it degrades from starting to die .the best way to get weight is care for your plants and harvest when they reach full bloom to me that is when the trichrome does its final stretch and gets 2 to 3 times longer than it was a few weeks back when at least 50 but better when 90 percent have elongated the buds are a swollen as they can get and the pot is at its peak for flavor and high thats my opinion anyway but like i said each to his own ,time is money so more time with no more pot to show is a waste of time and money making potental aloha classic seeds

echo_chamber

After 100% amber the plant stops producing THC obviously, and focuses on CBD. The more amber your weed the more sleepy you are gonna get when ya smoke it. The plant continues to grow, but not by much, because its focus is on producing crystals, not fattening up. The fattening up happens from week 6-9.. If you smoke that 100% amber trich weed, have a pillow and blanket handy.... :)

bromhexine

ive smoked nearly 100 percent amber sativa and it didnt put me to sleep. However waiting that extra 2 weeks sure does make it heavier.

Nicoli

Veteran
Prove it man. Asked you once already to provide some documentation on your continued insistence that amber trichs have 0% THC. Still don't see any, just more rambling on the topic.

Your atttude is ridiculous too... Blasting other people for "being clueless about the plant they grow" and running your mouth about "supposedly experienced growers" being wrong.

Do that kind of thing and you'll look like a total fool when you happen to be wrong. That time for you is right now.

mt5.gif

From "THC (TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL) ACCUMULATION IN GLANDS OF CANNABIS (CANNABACEAE)"

Paul G. Mahlberg and Eun Soo Kim, Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN USA; and Department of Biology, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea"

Which can be found here - http://www.hempreport.com/issues/17/malbody17.html

As can be seen, at no point is there 0% thc in the drug strain, and in fact, THC only seriously drops off when the CBN and other cannabinoids have begun to degrade as well.

:tiphat:

I think some noob(s) just got served.

Nice facts Mr bong!

Seems to me that you are the fool.
100% amber is a joke.
If you want sleep weed, fine.
But no connoisseur of cannabis would ever go 100% amber, and I'm sure if you did a poll here you would find that out.
Also a simple Google search will tell you what others think about when cannabis is ripe. 20% amber is the general consensus.
I defy you to show me even one link from a credible cannabis source that says "go 100% amber". You won't, because you can't, because the idea is ridiculous. Also if you check with any of the respected breeders here, you will find that not one of them will take their plants anywhere near 100% amber. But to each his own. If you like couch lock CBN/CBD herb, go for it.
Sweet dreams....

WRONG again...lol

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
lmao...... you got to love it! I didn't think it could get any funnier then RG took the stage. .... good stuff 4 sure!

L

liquidmaco

boy its sure hot up in here. a legit question id say although not a legit attitude. thanks icmagers for dropping knowledge in the most hilarious of ways. mr b. esp for that tasty table complete with biblio. and the learning goes on

Ok let's get back to questtion what if I don't give a crap about qulity what will happend if someone goes a few weeks past 100 percent amber. Weight gain id say no. Question how long does the cbn take to start degrading? He wasn't cuttin at 100percent he was askin bout going a few weeks past.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
imo u just delayin the next crop and overipe can= rot mold many other issues whatever little-bit of xtra weight it puts on wont be worth the 3 wks it took u can have the next crop buddin already dependin on strain nearly halfway. try it ur gonna anyway report back with ur results. best of luck with that man.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
u ever see fruit tree at the very end of season when its been on the tree and overdone it rots and falls to the ground. apples oranges imagine bud would be the same. like i said try it. but dont pass it dis way.
peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
No it isn't worth it, harvest your buds when they are ripe, not over-ripe. Your only gonna lose money! You will get a very minimal increase in yield in an extra 3 weeks, and you would be nearly half way through another flower cycle if you just harvest on time and put new plants into flower. It isn't worth it bro.

smokefrogg

Veteran
And back to the "Original Question"...NO...the shit will rot.

i've seen this happen! they had several outdoor plants that they'd reveg, they would always leave some bud on them, man that stuff just started looking crappier and crappier and crappier the further it got past it's prime!

it reminded me of a peach when it starts to get old, i wouldn't want to eat one of those

T

tokinafaty420

Extra electricity.
Increase chances of mold.
Increase chances of hermaphrodites.
Increase chances of making the weed so couch lock no one will want to buy it again.

Lots of other reasons not to subject your customers to that over ripened buds too, but that is more of an ethical topic, which doesn't seem to be any interest to you.

blackone

Veteran
No it isn't worth it, harvest your buds when they are ripe, not over-ripe. Your only gonna lose money! You will get a very minimal increase in yield in an extra 3 weeks, and you would be nearly half way through another flower cycle if you just harvest on time and put new plants into flower. It isn't worth it bro.

My thoughts exactly. The best strategy for dollars is to harvest around the time when the first amber trichs show. Especially if you're not happy with your current crop and think you can do better the next time, and you have your clones ready to rock.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
My thoughts exactly. The best strategy for dollars is to harvest around the time when the first amber trichs show. Especially if you're not happy with your current crop and think you can do better the next time, and you have your clones ready to rock.

Exactly, the bud will still be great bud even if you have no amber trichs. The SSSDH that I won the cup with this year had zero amber trichs, the majority of the trichs were clear. So it just goes to show that you can still have premium bud without over ripening your buds, but in saying that I much prefer to take my buds when they have at least 25% amber trichs.

HGO

l33t

Veteran
as others said , its best to not invest in letting the plants go another extra week or two , instead do more crops per year. Commercial growers usually harvest early as this allows them for more yield per year from their garden. So from a cost perspective harvesting earlier would probably give ya more money due to more crops=more total yield per year..

100% is an overkill in my opinion , 60%amber is more than enough..after that you are really losing THC much faster than its being produced..

Plus more ambers mean a more mellow and sleepy effect..at least with most strains..

I personally like to chop with few ambers maybe 20%-30% as I prefer the up racy high. But my plants will have most/all calyxes to have fully swollen by that time and most/all of the pistils will be red / brown.

my 2 cents..

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
has anybody seen an increase in amber trichs AFTER..cutting ...drying...curing?...
I never scoped them after cutting...

...might do that next time